• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Soooo Lucky!! Codeine redosing question.

Jax42

Greenlighter
Well, what can I say after loooots of searching I tried a pharmacy I've been meaning to check out for a while on the off chance and they actually stock Codeine Linctus (sugar free too) all of the other places I tried just didn't stick it in small bottles anymore and only done prescription only. No questions asked just stated they have to keep it behind the counter nowadays.

Sorry if the above breaks any rules and will change if need be, UK btw so this is an amazing find imho, no more cwe or bad things with my codeine. A Harm reduction modern day miracle! (Not actually providing sources so I assume it's ok?)

Anywayyy on to my question, had about 200mg codeine about 5 1/2 hours ago, will I feel much when I reside later on tonight and how high would be a safe redose? My tolerance is kinda up a bit, I only had mild effects earlier today from 200mg, would 400mg be a good redose? Will take it in a couple hours probs.

Edit: I did a search aswell and heard 6hours tends to be a good time to wait due to codeines short acting painkilling effects but couldn't find anything regarding redosing amounts.

Again, sorry if this has broke any rules, let me know and I will update accordingly!

Much love and opiate hugs

Maximum safe redose on opioids is the equal of the previous dose but it is preferable for it to be less, especially since you approach night time. However if the previous dose you took was only a fraction of your normal dose, or was a dose only big enough to prevent withdrawals, you can proceed with taking 90% of your normal dose. It is bad habit to redose opioids in increasingly larger amounts.

Well, what can I say after loooots of searching I tried a pharmacy I've been meaning to check out for a while on the off chance and they actually stock Codeine Linctus (sugar free too) all of the other places I tried just didn't stick it in small bottles anymore and only done prescription only. No questions asked just stated they have to keep it behind the counter nowadays.

Sorry if the above breaks any rules and will change if need be, UK btw so this is an amazing find imho, no more cwe or bad things with my codeine. A Harm reduction modern day miracle! (Not actually providing sources so I assume it's ok?)

Anywayyy on to my question, had about 200mg codeine about 5 1/2 hours ago, will I feel much when I reside later on tonight and how high would be a safe redose? My tolerance is kinda up a bit, I only had mild effects earlier today from 200mg, would 400mg be a good redose? Will take it in a couple hours probs.

Edit: I did a search aswell and heard 6hours tends to be a good time to wait due to codeines short acting painkilling effects but couldn't find anything regarding redosing amounts.

Again, sorry if this has broke any rules, let me know and I will update accordingly!

Much love and opiate hugs
The only rule you're breaking is posting how much you have. But basic dosing question belong in "Basic Drug Discussion". So I will be moving your thread there.

Maximum safe redose on opioids is the equal of the previous dose but it is preferable for it to be less, especially since you approach night time. However if the previous dose you took was only a fraction of your normal dose, or was a dose only big enough to prevent withdrawals, you can proceed with taking 90% of your normal dose. It is bad habit to redose opioids in increasingly larger amounts.
This is decent advice.

me memory of using codeine linctus is a little fuzzy but i believe there's around 600mgs of codeine in a full bottle so be really careful with your doses

^ yeah me too but they can't be bought OTC, at least where i live

So it's been a while since i was in search for some codeine here in morocco , i found Euphon its a 150ml syrup w/ 100mg of codeine. i read in a forum that i should mix it with 2 25g pills of promethazine for the antihistaminic effect. Will half of that bottle and smoking hashish be sufficient for me to feel the codeine effect ? I never tried it before, i might also say that i have some tolerance for drugs.

^ 50mgs of codeine is an extremely low dose, so probably not

So i got have to drink the whole bottle to feel it's effect ? If so, how much of the promethazine pills should i mix with the syrup ?

^ tbh if you said you have a tolerance you might even find that150mgs (the whole bottle) won't be enough. codeine is quite weak as its only pro-drug for morphine which has a terrible oral bioavailability anyway.
just a normal amount of prometh, one tab, and take like one more if needed but be careful s some people find antihistamines blunts the high from codeine.