Mental Health Sometimes a benzo is all that cuts it

Cheezed

Greenlighter
I suffer from mad anxiety... literally debilitating, fear. Self medicated over the years; alcohol, coke, benzos. Have lost many friends due to my freak outs and me avoiding them/disowning them. I dislike the ambiguity of being in groups of people, I can't focus on the back and forth conversation and humour and get paranoid, switch off, then the focus is on me becuase I'm being weird and the paranoia turns into reality. I have a few friends left but generally only see them 1 on 1. Work is hard, I can't handle an office environment any longer and have left many a job - luckily I have a job now where I work alone a lot, still have to attend meetings and shit, which is where a valium of two is a must, otherwise the panic sets in.

Anyway, I was on about 10mg of val a day for quite sometime while (2yrs or so) I was in a busy office environment.. since this latest job I can get by on about 10mg every couple of week (depending on the influx of meetings etc)

Anyway don't really know the point in the post tbh, I guess what I'm getting at is that it sucks that I'm a slave to the benzos and living with fear and anxiety ain't fun, I'm sure some of you can relate

They are definitely an effective medication for many people.

IMO it's important not to become a "slave" to them, though, if you can at all help it.

Kratom could be help to anxiety, social anxiety or panic atacks. Obviously isn't so strong and inmediate efective like a benzo, but could be efective and without the several addiction and tolerance of the benzodiacepines. I take kratom in a daily basis for chronic pain, but I have anxiety sometimes too and a grade of social anxiety, and kratom helped me in so many cases.

Try natural stuff like L-teanine, 5-HTP and another things, could be a little help to use less benzos and try the natural route. Sooner or later, you will need detox of them, and a SAB for what I heard and readed, is hard as fuck tho. I take benzos ocasionally too, but I try don't take it too much. This week has been a little bit hardest than the previous, and I took diazepam and alprazolam SR in these days (and monday and tuesday I took clonazolam for first time), so ''I don't in the best week to give advise of benzos'', but I do equally because I know that this is a fact.

Is kratom a prescription med? (uk). Im very concious of the valium usage, I don't abuse them, use them only as a tool - but I would go mad if I knew I didn't have them as safety net. So yes, I'm a slave to them to an extent, but mainly a slave to the fear.

Is kratom a prescription med? (uk). Im very concious of the valium usage, I don't abuse them, use them only as a tool - but I would go mad if I knew I didn't have them as safety net. So yes, I'm a slave to them to an extent, but mainly a slave to the fear.

Kratom is a godsend plant, search more info about it, it isn't banned in United Kingdom and give it a try it's worth it. Honestly, if the doctor would cancel my benzos prescription, althought it's something that I use as a tool sometimes too, I would go nut for it. Then yes, I am probably a slave too, and I think almost everybody in a sense or another, are slaves to the fear.

They have their place. I think they can just about irreplaceable in the short term (a month or less), and to deal with traumatic sutuations shortly after the event.

As for long term, there is question. Some studies find it effective, some don't. All I know is that for me, they have continued to work. But I take only as prescribed, and never add recreational drugs into the mix. I'd bet that has a lot to do as to whether or not they retain efficacy, that and continuing therapy and trying to get better by pushing oneself.

I agree there. So much so that my psychiatrist has no objections giving me 20mg valium a day since 2010, of course he wanted me to reduce the clonazepam I was on before daily when taking 4mg a day, but that's a pretty large dose and even myself did not like how zombified and how uncaring I was...although I should have waited a bit before seeing him and initiating a partial taper to a weaker benzo....that was a month before the Arab Spring and all the insanity that it has caused, great psyop show we had there, no wonder they only allowed it for real in Egypt...and when they didn't like the elections result...switched back to an autocrat strongman with minimal participation of the people. Anyway...I've just seen him (my psychiatrist not long ago), and after much reading, and him knowing what knowledge/diplomas I had,

edit : I realize the second part is a thread on its own, so I'll delete it and make it, like I previously wanted to do, I just always try to give advice about stuff I know I'm talking about, I have loads of empathy and seeing the thread distracted me into giving my opinion

Last edited:
Tolerance is just such a bitch with them long term. I find myself taking more and more even though I know it's bad.

Kratom could be help to anxiety, social anxiety or panic atacks. Obviously isn't so strong and inmediate efective like a benzo, but could be efective and without the several addiction and tolerance of the benzodiacepines. I take kratom in a daily basis for chronic pain, but I have anxiety sometimes too and a grade of social anxiety, and kratom helped me in so many cases.

Try natural stuff like L-teanine, 5-HTP and another things, could be a little help to use less benzos and try the natural route. Sooner or later, you will need detox of them, and a SAB for what I heard and readed, is hard as fuck tho. I take benzos ocasionally too, but I try don't take it too much. This week has been a little bit hardest than the previous, and I took diazepam and alprazolam SR in these days (and monday and tuesday I took clonazolam for first time), so ''I don't in the best week to give advise of benzos'', but I do equally because I know that this is a fact.

kratom made my anexity worst and it's legal here. I have loads of it for the garbage because every time I tried it I almost had full blown panic attacks. I've been on the same dose of clonzepam for almost 11 years. I've tried everything but benzodiazepines are all that works

kratom made my anexity worst and it's legal here. I have loads of it for the garbage because every time I tried it I almost had full blown panic attacks. I've been on the same dose of clonzepam for almost 11 years. I've tried everything but benzodiazepines are all that works

I am in the same situation as you nothing subsides my anxiety related PTSD, not Kratom, supplements, yoga, meditation etc.. Sometimes cases are more severe than just the average college, high school, will I pass a test anxiety.