• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Something to think about for those of you who are in the process of choosing a career

At this point in my life i'd rather be poor and happy than rich and miserable.

I'm going to devote all my spare time and energy into my wonderful female companion and hopfully I will be able to keep her, because she means a lot more to me than a stable life.

However, this could turn out to be a poor investment...

A stable life, and a nice car and house won't make you happy. Life is more than that, there are more important things.

This is something I've only recently realized.
I'm still going to school and going to graduate with a management degree.
I just know that if I sit at a desk job for the rest of my life, I will slowly die a little bit each day. I want to open my own martial arts academy because frankly, its what I enjoy doing more than anything in this world. When I don't train, my life falls apart. I may not be cut out to be the greatest fighter that ever walked the earth, but I have an exceptional ability to get amazing results out of people. I understand technique, can motivate and coach people to new levels of performance, and make them feel like they are truly valued as a part of the team.

If what I do affects one persons life as much as it has affected mine, and I am able to make enough money to get by doing this, my career will be a success in my eyes.

:)

if you find a job you love you'll never work a day in your life :)