• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Someone want to explain that a STIMULANT BREAK includes NOT iving cocaine? #venting

Zonxx

Bluelighter
so i'm this disappointed and irritated dude, @nznity
maybe someone else can explain how having health complications as a result of stimulant(specifically cocaine) abuse is not a thumbs up to start iving the stuff?
because this is absurd, i don't know who else uses as much coke as i do, but maybe i should start slamming shit right into an abcess because thats about how smart that use seems to me, i don't know, i know you're not an idiot and we know i don't have time for idiots, it's like maybe i should miss a shot, and then shoot into the miss in hopes of hitting? fufufufufufufu dude naaaaaaaaaaa i am so irritated i'm making a fucking thread yep. i'm actually hitting post on this thing, and i hope anyone who comes along this simply posts "I AGREE" at the very least but being sick/having some sort of circulatory/potential heart issue, and not getting it checked out is one thing, taking that as an all clear to shoot the shit? ok smart, yes, smart, so smart. i'm soooooooooooooooooo irritated at the sheer level of dumb what the fuck does "i havent done it in a year" (reffering to iving because he'd been smoking it last night) have to do with anything, no, i'm going to fly down there juuuust to kick your ass , and buy coke but kick your ass first

TLDR explain having health issues isn't an "okay, all clear" to shoot coke

You moody little bugger lol

But seriously who is this person? They haven’t even seen a doctor yet?
oh i will totally admit to being moody with that nonsense dude complains about health issues for over 3 weeks, shoots coke using the excuse even hough theyd smoked crack the other night, they hadnt used it that route in a year, cool , dudes a dingdong friend, that i obviously am irritated enough with to make a thread about, maybeeeee he'll get how serious i am about this now, it's one thing to iv, it's another to complain about problems, continue smoking crack, then decide to shoot the stuff, 'im only doing a shot' ok all it takes is one shot smh

oh i will totally admit to being moody with that nonsense dude complains about health issues for over 3 weeks, shoots coke using the excuse even hough theyd smoked crack the other night, they hadnt used it that route in a year, cool , dudes a dingdong friend, that i obviously am irritated enough with to make a thread about, maybeeeee he'll get how serious i am about this now, it's one thing to iv, it's another to complain about problems, continue smoking crack, then decide to shoot the stuff, 'im only doing a shot' ok all it takes is one shot smh
Aww he’s lucky he has a mate that cares enough to plain speak with him

Book him a doctors app, it’s probably not as bad as he feels and the not knowing is so much worse.

You know addiction, it rarely offers logic

Aww he’s lucky he has a mate that cares enough to plain speak with him

Book him a doctors app, it’s probably not as bad as he feels and the not knowing is so much worse.

i know what addiction and dependency is truuuuust me well shit, bluelight knows i know what drug use is, fuck i'm not even spose to expose my dosages of some substances, but do i have any health complications that can result in death? no absolutely not, am i sometimes in enough pain i wish i'd die, surely i can tell you it's not for fun that i take the opiates that i do, i WISH it were for fun, i really do, that'd be the day where i wasn't forced by my body to require a shitty chemical, surely i can tell you i didn't iv dilaudid in one sitting 20-30 times for fun, not at all, shit i almost collapsed one of my veins buuuuuut you have a point. addiction is a bitch buuuuuuuuuuuut you know you expect this type of nonsense from someone that's got half a braincell, i can assure you he MUST have 2 braincells floating around somewhere, but theyre probably high too 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 😵 :mad::mad::mad:o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::poop:

omg is mercury still in retro, what is just wrong with every one lately, Yes me included !

A little heart attack teaches lots of people the seriousness of cocaine abuse. Nothing scares people like not being able to breathe while having an excruciating chest pain when high on cocaine. Some of us learn very hard.

This exactly. He will have justified it in his head somehow because he is still addicted. Don't go mad looking for logic where there is none.

I understand you want him to be sensible and apply basic HR, but ultimately you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink.

I used to justify to myself snorting oxy because I had a mild headache.

I agree!

Stay Calm @Zonxx
you have seemed a bit triggered and stressed recently.

You okay Love? Xoxo
\/
I agree!

Stay Calm @Zonxx
you have seemed a bit triggered and stressed recently.

You okay Love? Xoxo
can confirm was triggered, only because he'd told me lol, he was doing much better a few hrs earlier and wasnt gonna use stims.......... annnnnnnnnnd thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn hazzah surprise surprise kinder surprise, plot twist it wasnt a plastic egg, it was a needle full of coke

I justified using hydromorphone for a week because I couldn't deal with life. After getting off methadone a few months ago. Us addicts can justify our use
It was a fun week though, but back to reality, and a lawyer lol

Snorting Oxycodone for headache or justifying hydromorphone for a week because you couldn't deal with life are great examples for addict mentality which public with no substance misuse/ abuse issues would find very risky/ dangerous but for many of us who have been dabbling with psychoactive substances regularly for a while, it's understandable or not very risky.

On the other hand, IV cocaine is very different from these examples because even if you have a healthy heart, cardiovascular system, it has a quite high probability to kill you suddenly so I see why @Zonxx is so stressed.

I have abused cocaine intravenously for about a decade and even with that much familiarity and experience with this, I still think that IV coke is probably the most dangerous thing that one can do to yourself. That person has either the mind of a teenager who wants to show that they are badass or ignorant or maybe he doesn't care about living much (which I can understand but if this was the situation, why would they even see a doctor regarding their heart?).

Snorting Oxycodone for headache or justifying hydromorphone for a week because you couldn't deal with life are great examples for addict mentality which public with no substance misuse/ abuse issues would find very risky/ dangerous but for many of us who have been dabbling with psychoactive substances regularly for a while, it's understandable or not very risky.

On the other hand, IV cocaine is very different from these examples because even if you have a healthy heart, cardiovascular system, it has a quite high probability to kill you suddenly so I see why @Zonxx is so stressed.

I have abused cocaine intravenously for about a decade and even with that much familiarity and experience with this, I still think that IV coke is probably the most dangerous thing that one can do to yourself. That person has either the mind of a teenager who wants to show that they are badass or ignorant or maybe he doesn't care about living much (which I can understand but if this was the situation, why would they even see a doctor regarding their heart?).

I mean I was doing high dose oxy then taking Xanax and other benzos on top so honestly I could have easily OD'd any day and I once almost did.

But I get what you are saying, IV coke is next level from snorting oxy. Much more dangerous drug use.

The problem is the principles behind addiction rationalisation still hold. Even if something is objectively stupid and dangerous, addiction will have you rationalising it.

To use another harmful example, I have witnessed alcoholics with severe liver damage declare that they've quit drinking, then later the same day downing half a litre of vodka. This makes no sense but they justify it because they think waiting until they get the shakes counts as a tolerance break.

In this case it sounds like nznity has justified his use to himself because he hasn't IV'd coke for a year, even though he has snorted it in that time and has possible heart problems he refuses to get checked. In his mind he thinks he is being safe as he went a year without injecting. It makes no sense, but it's "addict logic."

The most we can do is warn of the dangers and provide good HR advice which we have done. Whether that advice is then taken is up to the individual in question. Unfortunately we cannot force the needle away from his arm.

\/

can confirm was triggered, only because he'd told me lol, he was doing much better a few hrs earlier and wasnt gonna use stims.......... annnnnnnnnnd thennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn hazzah surprise surprise kinder surprise, plot twist it wasnt a plastic egg, it was a needle full of coke

Are you having to cut down your opiate intake by a lot @Zonxx ??
that is what it seems like to me.
Come give me a hug sweetheart.

Everything is going to be okay.

It seems that you are intelligent person and that you care about your friend. But, making a thread to say something that he already knows is not going to help him. Shaming an addict into recovery? Really? Did it ever work on you? Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to belittle your care or make fun off you. I understand that you need venting but this is counterproductive. Scream from the balcony, hit a wall with your fist, go for a run, anything, but this. If you want to help your friend. You do not have to hold his hand as he is shooting up, or even be near him.

It would be much more productive to tell him that you care about him but exactly because of that you can not be around him if he is going to do this kind of stuff. Offer him your understanding, but at the same time you do not have to offer him your presence. You can make clear that you will not endorse his behavior, and that he can count on you when he does "x", but if he continues to do "y" that he is, at that time, on his own. Or you can be right with him all the time, not endorsing, just being a friend. This thread tells that the last proposal is not an option, and it is not a mystery why something like that is often too hard.
cheers you're right m8

. I hope he reads your post as a cry full of love for him, not as a shaming.
oh i told him as much, he knows i wouldn't say anything otherwise, hell i wouldnt care if he was i.ving he knows what he's doing it was just the fact that he's doing it while unwell, annnnd i opened up facebook to read that he had a piece of the needle stuck in his arm this morning >.< well this isn't good news i hope he got it all out like he says

@Zonxx boiii what I did was stupid as fuck, ended up having a seizure. Had to almost die to remind myself why I stopped ivin coke in the first place. Anyway, I'm taking a longer break from that shit this time(prolly forever). I don't wanna die, it's just that my addicted mind convinced me to do it JUST Once, I'm a fking retard I know but well thank God I'm still alive. Ly zonkers my bffl. Ik you wrote this thread from the bottom of ur ♥. Thanks everyone for ur input aswell.
Cheers, nzn