• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Someone please provide me insight

MNWolf

Greenlighter
For years, off and on I have taken recreational Xanax. I do have anxiety. I usually take 1-2MG every Tuesday night & Saturday night. So twice a week…

Upon taking it, my anxiety completely disappears and I feel a warm glow. I’ll stay up ALL night. Literally Xanax wakes me up cause I’m enjoying life without anxiety for once. I’ll clean my house, so my laundry, walk the dog, organize, go wash my car, I do all the chores I’ve been dreading with ease and I enjoy it.

I then go to bed, I get about 6-8 hours of sleep and I wake up feeling amazing. The half life is still in effect and I have no anxiety. I go about my morning or afternoon and then suddenly I CRASH.

I get so tired, my eyes are heavy and they burn, I lose every care in the world and don’t give a shit about anything, but the #1 side effect I experience that I cannot defeat is I’ll eat SO MUCH. Pop, chips, a main course meal, followed by more junk food, and then more pop. My stomach is a bottomless pit and I truly do not give a fuck. I just continue eating until eventually I crash so hard I fall asleep at 7 PM and then wake up the next day. I do not experience any anxiety the following day after a Xanax like others. Just these side effects of no motivation, lethargy, and I eat a profuse amount which I cannot control.

Is anyone else like this? Can someone provide me tips that I can do to combat these feelings the following day? I only do benzos once, sometimes twice a week because of this.

I definitely get snacky on Xanax, but I'm usually using Marijuana as well. So it's hard for me to tell what is doing it to me, but I've definitely had this same thought.

I'm slightly lethargic the next morning as well and that's a pretty common side effect. I don't use Xanax very often, but when I do I have the same issues. Once I get out of bed I'm good though. I don't feel lethargic for very long.