• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Someone please help!!

Theburgh

Greenlighter
Ok so I took a drug test update for my job. I did it on my own not forced and I don't do any drugs at all. My test game back from a lab positive for 6 acetyl morphine. Which from research I've done is heroin before it metabolizes. The doctor said I had to of done it an hour before my test!!? Come on now I'm not a moron and I'm not trying to ruin my career. Does anyone know what I can do? I'm not on any medication at all and I took nothing that week like advil or nyquill. This can ruin my career and I'll lose my job and be forced to go to rehab for a drug I'm not on.

If you have not used any drugs then you need to take this matter up with your doctor - could this possibly be down to something you ate containing poppy seeds etc?

Had you taken any medication in the few days leading upto your test? Some over the counter sleeping aids, pain killer, cough syrups etc may trigger a false positive etc

I would def talk to the company and offer to take as many retests as needed but this is all going to depend on the company and who ever is in charge of this sort of thing. I am really surprised they sent urine off to a lab t be analyzed like that so that they know exactly what drug is showing up because most urine drug tests only identify the class of drugs found not the exact chemical. Its much more expensive to have a urinalysis done like that which makes me wonder if this place is crazy strict in which case they might not be willing to let you retake the test or might require an even harsher test like a hair analysis.