• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Someone pleae tell me wtf is happening to me!!!!

HumanOfEarth

Greenlighter
Someone pleae tell me wtf is happening to me!!! mixing drugs

So ive had wicked panic attacks with my heart rate going up to 180 bpm or more and i have a slight decrease in cognitive ability for hours at a time, i get hot, pale and my blood pressure goes up its happened five times now and im seriously worried for my health. i notice it comes on when i mix heroin and weed. im a regular user of heroin (and pretty tired of it) and each time i smoked my heart rate gradually rises til i can feel every beat throughout my body. my chest hurts a bit sometimes my head got a pins and needles buzzing through it once. i also fractured my sternum a week and a half ago. it happened by pressing something blunt hard against my chest bone. the pain is constant but bearable. i also am on antibiotics (generic bactrim)for a merca infection that is cleared up im just finishing the prescription but ive had a merca infection like ten times before. i went to the hospital the first time it happened and they just said it was an OD treated it that way and sent me out. came back the second and third time and they treated me like i was less than human i couldnt get any information, and they were incredibly condescending it was shocking that i went there for medical advice clueless about whats going on and genuinely worried if im dying, and got treated like a piece of shit.(that hospital was actualy rated the worst in the state or something). Throughout the day i dont really feel normal. fatigued, unusual pressure or mild pain in really specific places under my arm pits inner thigh or head my hands get clammy. ive smoked weed for years and ive been an addict for 7 years so nothing im doing is out of the ordinary and i just narrowed it down to the agitator being heroin and marijuana mixing. but it has to be something more than that because ive done that in the same doses for suck a long time and it just started around the time i fractured my sternum and had a merca infection on a cut. i really want to know whats happening im going to another hospital as soon as i can get a ride for the half hour trip. i keep researching but i cant find anything helpful. if anyone has had this kind of thing happen or if you know whats happening to me please tell me asap im really getting worried i have a serious problem on my hands

Last edited:
Sounds like an anxiety or panic attack, likely from the weed and in combo with the h they magnify eachother. Usually with h though it actually dulls the weed anxiety and makes it more chill but sometimes opposite. It's probably the weed making you panic because you realize you are a heroin addict, that used to really play with my head a lot back when I used and then smoked weed. It increased my self awareness 10 fold.

You say you've mixed heroin and weed in same doses for years with no effects. I mixed oxycodone and weed also for years with no effects, it was only like last year that the weed started giving me panic attacks. It was a sudden change also, nothing significant happened. Due to the fact that I was experiencing extreme paranoia when I would smoke, I lost my desire to smoke altogether. That could be whats happening.

It also could be that either the heroin or something in the heroin or the weed ( or perhaps something in the weed) is reacting with your antibiotic perscription.

Get to another hospital for sure though. Personally, I think you're experiencing a sudden onset of paranoia from the weed. Happens to a lot of people actually.

Get checked out by a doctor or medical professionals. It sounds like it could be anxiety or a panic attack, bit the part where you wrote how you get a decrease in cognitive function for hours should be checked out. Or is this being paranoid, or can you explain more?

You will not get into legal trouble for telling a doctor how you use drugs, which ones they are, how you use them, etc. Good luck and stay safe.

Sounds like an anxiety or panic attack, likely from the weed and in combo with the h they magnify eachother. Usually with h though it actually dulls the weed anxiety and makes it more chill but sometimes opposite. It's probably the weed making you panic because you realize you are a heroin addict, that used to really play with my head a lot back when I used and then smoked weed. It increased my self awareness 10 fold.

It is the weed. But it's only the weed telling you that you have a problem and that your body is not well, and then your physical reaction to this psychological action is go into flight/fight mode, and since there is no one to fight (lol =D), your body goes into flight mode and you have an episode of panic that can be, but usually isn't, a full blown panic attack! This is also most likely due to the type of weed you are smoking. If you are smoking 20%+ THC weed, especially if it's indoor, it can have ill effects on people. This is primarily because these strains of weed lack the other most abundant psychoactive chemical in "weed", called CBD or cannabidiol. But due to certain breeding practices, trying to meet the demand of higher and higher percent THC buds, the cannabidiol has been all but bread out of 90%+ of the most common, popular strains...

Unfortunately, since the general public have become aware of the massive potential for medical applications of CBD, it's popularity has outpaced it's implementation, and most weed still has anywhere from none to less than 1% (that is, with indoor/high grade weed). Now, many long time growers have who still use their own seeds (which means that the buds will have some seeds in them too), grow weed that has a decent amount of CBD in it (but still usually <%5). And also, the THC will tend not to be so high, because once the plant starts seeding, it spends most of it's energy making the seeds, not the sticky resin that collects the pollen as it blows through the plant...

So, what to do about it. Like another person said. Just don't smoke if you are getting panic attacks..! Or, if you still want to smoke, because you do like many aspects of "weed" but don't like what you're experiencing now...try getting some of what may be referred to as "mids" or something. Like outdoor weed that may not look that pretty, isn't super dense and isn't super "piney smelling" as that may mean it's a strong outdoor that has high THC (happens to most of the time be a sativa, but that word alone is a misnomer, as it merely means cultivar or a cultivated type of whatever plant - could be cannabis sativa, calendula sativa, or a thousand other plants that were/are wild and also have a strain (no pun intended) of that plant that has been cultivated by humans either for consumption, decoration, or some other purpose). Back on topic, sometimes the "mids" of outdoor, with a few seeds here and there, will be some of the best pot for people who are sensitive to ultra-high levels of THC, without any CBD - A.K.A. most people. Also, there are a few strains that are grown professionally with THC, like Harlequin, which is one of my most favorite strains out there today.

Good luck, pal. Try to keep as stable as possible.

Sending you love and good vibes.

It is the weed. But it's only the weed telling you that you have a problem and that your body is not well, and then your physical reaction to this psychological action is go into flight/fight mode, and since there is no one to fight (lol =D), your body goes into flight mode and you have an episode of panic that can be, but usually isn't, a full blown panic attack! This is also most likely due to the type of weed you are smoking. If you are smoking 20%+ THC weed, especially if it's indoor, it can have ill effects on people. This is primarily because these strains of weed lack the other most abundant psychoactive chemical in "weed", called CBD or cannabidiol. But due to certain breeding practices, trying to meet the demand of higher and higher percent THC buds, the cannabidiol has been all but bread out of 90%+ of the most common, popular strains...

Unfortunately, since the general public have become aware of the massive potential for medical applications of CBD, it's popularity has outpaced it's implementation, and most weed still has anywhere from none to less than 1% (that is, with indoor/high grade weed). Now, many long time growers have who still use their own seeds (which means that the buds will have some seeds in them too), grow weed that has a decent amount of CBD in it (but still usually <%5). And also, the THC will tend not to be so high, because once the plant starts seeding, it spends most of it's energy making the seeds, not the sticky resin that collects the pollen as it blows through the plant...

So, what to do about it. Like another person said. Just don't smoke if you are getting panic attacks..! Or, if you still want to smoke, because you do like many aspects of "weed" but don't like what you're experiencing now...try getting some of what may be referred to as "mids" or something. Like outdoor weed that may not look that pretty, isn't super dense and isn't super "piney smelling" as that may mean it's a strong outdoor that has high THC (happens to most of the time be a sativa, but that word alone is a misnomer, as it merely means cultivar or a cultivated type of whatever plant - could be cannabis sativa, calendula sativa, or a thousand other plants that were/are wild and also have a strain (no pun intended) of that plant that has been cultivated by humans either for consumption, decoration, or some other purpose). Back on topic, sometimes the "mids" of outdoor, with a few seeds here and there, will be some of the best pot for people who are sensitive to ultra-high levels of THC, without any CBD - A.K.A. most people. Also, there are a few strains that are grown professionally with THC, like Harlequin, which is one of my most favorite strains out there today.

Good luck, pal. Try to keep as stable as possible.

Sending you love and good vibes.

certain types of weed make me too aware of my body functions when i'm taking opiods. i end up with anxiety and keep thinking i overdosed. might be a different strain? i'd wait till you get off the antibiotics and relax yourself and try again. good luck. health anxiety is totally the worst!

Get checked out by a doctor or medical professionals. It sounds like it could be anxiety or a panic attack, bit the part where you wrote how you get a decrease in cognitive function for hours should be checked out. Or is this being paranoid, or can you explain more?

You will not get into legal trouble for telling a doctor how you use drugs, which ones they are, how you use them, etc. Good luck and stay safe.

This
I get extreme panick attacks when smoking weed and it does sound like this could be it, but still get checked out, just to be safe and maybe stop the weed for a few days and see what happens

so i thought i had posted this reply a week or more ago. its still happening and i have a few new symptoms, i havent smoked any herb at all since the day i posted last so its been a few weeks. im certain the weed is a calalyst but its absolutely not the cause its only an instigator. it started happening completely out of nowhere. i dont IV i snort my dope btw(one of the nurses at the hospital gave me a cellulitis infection in three places where i had an IV in and blood drawn from the IV and had a hard time accepting the fact that they fucked up. im pretty sure they only tested my blood for my potassium level and white cell count.) what i mean by decrease in cognitive function is that im just a little foggy when it happens or spacey but thats just from the weed i think. its totally a panic attack and im chill as a cucumber when it starts and i dont bug out or anything but eventually when my heart gets going fast and i start to feel my chest hurt a bit or i get a tight feeling i end up getting a bit concerned or paranoid. but i feel thats justified because its my understanding that being above 180 bpm for a duration of time like that is doing damage. i took a half a xanax the time before last and it calmed my heart down but i need to be super careful doing that i dont want a bad effect from mixing opiates and xanax. i plan to try taking the half before i smoke next time to see if it keeps it from happening. and i need to not do dope for a few damn days ( i finally got myself a couple suboxone strips so ill be taking a couple days off the dope to see if it happens without that being in my system.) ive been smoking for years and giving it up is not going to be my first choice its the only intoxicant im trying to keep around so im trying a few things before i call it quits on mary jane. i still want to get to a hospital in another city just having a hard time getting the ride(cant get help without paying people with drugs its pretty pitiful) i made it to another place once but could only wait six hours so i wasnt able to get to a doctor my ride would have left me there. i ended up back in the same hospital the next day after going out to the city to score and as soon as i got into town i had a strange pins and needles feeling throughout my entire body and got really light headed so i called an ambulance. got stranded at the hospitl but they gave me a cardiac blood work test and said nothing was unusual. really tired of people telling me im fine ive been in this body for a while now and i know whats normal and whats not. have no clue what the problem is but it just keeps getting more strange as time goes on. i just want to know im not dying and i want my mary jane back

Last edited:
Sounds weird.... Perhaps a stint of sobriety maybe in order? You got any hardcore life events going on right now besides the usual "trying to stay high when it's impossible to do so" addict dilemma? Been Having a rough time, breakup, death, etc, etc, etc? I'd be very careful with benzos, especially seeing as you already have a problem with H, they're sneaky bitches and an appetite for them appears before you know it. Medical professionals deff do miss shit. Not to feed your paranoia but it deff does happen, and I've seen it happen. Perhaps someone with more experience in anxiety/panic attacks will chime in for you as that's what it "sounds like" but I'm not exactly Dr. House.