• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Someone died at a festival I'm at.

Dawglaw

Bluelighter
Someone died Friday night at Boonstock. With another twenty plus in the hospital.

The organizers lied and have failed to provide ANY water stations, despite telling everyone before that there would be free water. That is absolutely unacceptable and I'm beyond livid. Last night (saturday) I saw at least 7 people unconscious being attended to by medics. This is absolutely horrible.

Please please stay hydrated and test your pills. Festival organizers have as much responsibility as we do to protect the scene by ensuring their events are safe. Failing to provide water at a music festival in the desert in the summer is fucking criminal.

The cops are going around to each campsite begging people to stay hydrated and make absolutely sure that they know what they are taking.

Just a somber reminder of what can go wrong. Stay safe.

Last edited:
That's just so horrible!! Who would do that!? A desert event + no water + people rolling = death x3!! That's just straight up carelessness in my eyes.

Now the are fucking clipping wristbands if you want to drive into town to reload on supplies. Un fucking believable.

Also remember not to drink too much water. Hyponatremia (excessive water intake) is the leading cause of MDMA related death, contrary to hypernatremia which is dehydration.

Hyponatremia (excessive water intake) is the leading cause of MDMA related death

What a testement to the completely overhyped dangers of MDMA-induced dehydration...

Worst thing is, the festival won't be blamed but of course the 'killer drug molly' will take the brute force.

Oh my god Dawglaw...what an horrible traumatic experience. I hope you are OK. <3

Now the are fucking clipping wristbands if you want to drive into town to reload on supplies. Un fucking believable.

How do you even justify such a thing when it's a multi-day festival? I can imagine not everyone spends the night at the camping grounds, no? Seriously awful anyways, it's never fun to hear that someone died that just wanted to have a good time. Worse even if it was through some fault of the organisation...

Last edited:
its not only the organizations fault, its kids eating .5 bombs of piperazines and mdpv and 3 hits of NBOME so they can "candyflip" every few hours for days on end...ive seen it before at festivals. they are in the corner shaking with white skin and blue lips saying they took two hits of acid and two "mollies".

its not really to festivals fault, i'm sure the kids that didn't do any drugs didn't have a problem. Its the moronic careless drugs users eating whatever random powders someone puts infront of them in excess, they had 300$ to spend on a ticket, 200$ to spend on "mollies" but not 20$ to spend on water for the weekend? the blame lies on these dumb kids

Lucid - I agree people need to take responsibility for themselves. However the festival advertised that they would have 3 water stations when in fact none were ever installed. The police were so concerned with the lack of planning they pulled the liquor permit so it is technically a dry event. I'm not even rolling, just drinking, but the amount of extremely dehydrated people taking massive amounts of drugs with no water is terrible.

I do not think the people who have been sent to the er are from water intoxication. It is really hot here, 90+ degrees plus all day with a ton of drinking at the beach before the night with no free water. It is really dangerous.

In the end, please test your drugs, look out for your friends and remember that you can have a great time while being responsible.

even if the music festival isn't providing water (which it should), how come these retards aren't bringing their own cases of water? it's summer, it's hot, combine that with drugs / alcohol and you're gonna need lots of water handy.
literally costs $5 for a big ass case of 24. Buy a couple of those and you'll have more than enough.

seems pemberton was a whole lot better organized than boonstock

Yep. When I go to a festival I don't rely on people to give me water handouts like some kind of child.

Just a reminder to those drinking water don't consume several bottles within 30 mins. I know quite a few people who have become ill because they felt thirsty and chugged a few bottles of water in just a few minutes. Be sure and take electrolytes particularly sodium and potassium

^^ do you think excessive waste consumption could dull the roll also? I'm not talking enough to cause illness, but is it possible to somehow lessen the effects and/or duration from drinking a lot of water?

I know how silly that question sounds haha

^^ do you think excessive waste consumption could dull the roll also? I'm not talking enough to cause illness, but is it possible to somehow lessen the effects and/or duration from drinking a lot of water?

No... Water is not psychoactive.

Doubt it MDMA releases a hormone that causes water retetion known as antidiuretic hormone during the peak which causes the density of electrolytes to drop.. too much water intake causes the brain to swell.

Also remember not to drink too much water. Hyponatremia (excessive water intake) is the leading cause of MDMA related death, contrary to hypernatremia which is dehydration.

Do you have a statistic to back this up..? Because I find it a bit hard to believe.

even if the music festival isn't providing water (which it should), how come these retards aren't bringing their own cases of water? it's summer, it's hot, combine that with drugs / alcohol and you're gonna need lots of water handy.
literally costs $5 for a big ass case of 24. Buy a couple of those and you'll have more than enough.

seems pemberton was a whole lot better organized than boonstock

I read that people weren't allowed to bring their own water inside the festival. You had to buy it inside. Also the price was sky high and you had to wait in line a really long time to get some (I read 2 hours, but have no idea if it's true or not).

Seems like thier water solution was really terrible...