• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Somebody Who Has 1.4 Bdo Experience And Gbl Experience

gmz34

Bluelighter
Hi I cant get gbl but I can get 1.4bdo. How is bdo do you like it ? is it worth to try ?
I heard it has more intoxicating high which is more good for me. I dont like clear headed high :D
gbl makes my stomach feel like shit and my mouth feels numb the day after, is bdo harsh like that ? good quality bdo...

I like BDO, it doesn’t seem to be much different then the gbl I was doing 10 years ago. If anything, the gbl seemed more addictive. Both are “ clearheaded “ highs….until they aren’t- at which point you can’t stay awake,rather then feeling fuzzy.

Hi I cant get gbl but I can get 1.4bdo. How is bdo do you like it ? is it worth to try ?
I heard it has more intoxicating high which is more good for me. I dont like clear headed high :D
gbl makes my stomach feel like shit and my mouth feels numb the day after, is bdo harsh like that ? good quality bdo...
Yes, it is more harsh and significantly more toxic than both gbl and ghb. It's literally an industrial solvent and sold as ink cleaner among other things. Don't confuse toxicity to mean "better high".

Take care with this stuff, its a very heavy load on the liver and can obviously kill easily with an OD. Stay safe.

GBL is also an industrial solvent. But yes, it is more toxic to the liver. It metabolizes to GHB, like GBL does. I just googled some studies that suggested that it is not likely to be carcinogenic or substantially toxic except of course in overdose. It is definitely more toxic than GHB (which is basically entirely non-toxic), but probably similar to GBL. Everything I can find says that it is less toxic on the liver than ethanol as it does not produce large amounts of acetaldehyde like ethanol does.

However it is more dangerous to combine with alcohol than GHB or GBL are, because alcohol dehydrogenase, the same enzyme that metabolizes ethanol into acetaldehyde, metabolizes BDO into GHB. But ethanol outcompetes it, so if you're currently metabolizing alcohol, BDO will not have any effect... until the ethanol finishes metabolizing, and then it will all rapidly convert into GHB pretty much at once. GHB and alcohol are very dangerous to combine already because of synergistic effects, most GHB related deaths involve mixing the two. But it is incredibly easy to overdose on BDO while drinking alcohol because you will dose again (and again perhaps) since it isn't doing anything. The closest I have gotten from dying from drugs was that exact combo, I had taken 2 shots of liquor and then decided to dose BDO. I forgot about this metabolism thing, and redosed a few times on the BDO. I was barely even feeling the alcohol at the time so I thought it would be fine. Then next thing I know, I was waking up in an ambulance. My girlfriend had found me unresponsive and called 911. Got a large emergency room and ambulance bill and scared everyone half to death.

Yes, it is more harsh and significantly more toxic than both gbl and ghb. It's literally an industrial solvent and sold as ink cleaner among other things. Don't confuse toxicity to mean "better high".

Take care with this stuff, its a very heavy load on the liver and can obviously kill easily with an OD. Stay safe.
GBL also fits that shoe. It is excellent as nail polish remover or to clean your wheels of your car

But 1.4-BDO seems more toxic on paper though.

The few people i know who uses gbl/bdo are very careful.
They Always pre load insuline syringes with their doses and then put away the bottle.

Never done anything similar but i can imagine its similar to being super high on ketamine and ending up in a semi awake redose binge...
With the difference being able to die from the ghb.

The few people i know who uses gbl/bdo are very careful.
They Always pre load insuline syringes with their doses and then put away the bottle.

Never done anything similar but i can imagine its similar to being super high on ketamine and ending up in a semi awake redose binge...
With the difference being able to die from the ghb.
The plastic of the syringes is probably one of those resistant to the plastic eating ability's of GBL and 1.4-BDO. HIgh Density Poly Ethylenene/ HDPE was ok with GBL if my mind is still working, has been a decade ago i used it. So this could be wrong, for BDO I have no clue.

But yeah def measure and keep track of when you took your dosages. Solid advise.

Last edited:
The plastic of the syringes is probably one of those resistant to the plastic eating ability's of GBL and 1.4-BDO. HIgh Density Poly Ethylenene/ HDPE was ok with GBL if my mind is still working, has been a decade ago i used it. So this could be wrong, for BDO I have no clue.

But yeah def measure and keep track of when you took your dosages. Solid advise.
Yeah forgot to mention, they also have a note that they write dosing and at what time.

Never done G but heard that memory gets fuzzy.
I have ended up i a crazy xanax binge once though.
Held a bag for a friend a few days, then for some reason i took 1 with some scotch and a line of adhd meds...
Got a bit wild and crazy after that.

My take on this is. That GHB is somehow less addicting then GBL.

I was addicted to GBL. And that was the reason i stopped making my own GHB with it. Although that procedure was quite easy to do. Also the powdered version of GHB when it was not yet illegal never got me addicted. Used to buy that from the internet. Then came the DIY kits, GBL, PH-strips and NaOH. After that came 1.4-BDO, i read some story's about it being more like the Alcohol version of GBL. If that is trhough it will def make you fuzzy.

I definitely got addicted to GHB itself (both mentally and physically), it's very addictive, though I believe that GBL is more addictive since everyone says that, pretty much. I got addicted to BDO too. I preferred GHB to BDO but they're largely the same. There is something different about them, though. Never tried GBL.

1,4- Butanediol (BDO) is fucking horrible, IMO. Only had it a couple of times, but puked both times. GHB sodium salt, is OK, but GBL hits like a steam train. It crosses GI tract wall so much faster than GHB, due to GHB having a highly polar carboxylic acid group. Once across, it is very rapidly hydrolysed to GHB, by plasma hydrolase, so it builds up in plasma concentration so much faster.
Because of the unpleasant taste, I used to mix GBL with 10 times it's weight in water, then plug it. More than once, it's taken me from SO FUCKING AWAKE, due to MDPV, to coming awake, just as I was falling off seat, in under a couple of minutes.
GBL has to be approached with maximum care...

I have only had GBL and found that the difference between a mild but pleasant (not very euphoric though) dose and one where I was twitching uncontrollably and passing out (not euphoric at all!) was only about 0.2ml.

Was hoping to try GHB or 1,4 to see if they were a bit more rounded and euphoric but it seems like they may not be.

Actually I did try GHB once but was already on an array of other things and didn't have very much

I've never really had the mad euphoria people speak of from GBL. Is this common? Been thinking of getting some to see...

Which of the three is best? I started a poll HERE!

Last edited:
I prefer GHB to GBL and BDO, personally. There is still a fine line between a great high and a twitchy, narcoleptic mess, though. The first time I got GHB, I had a decent high the first few times but was underwhelmed. Then the rest of the 100 grams (most of it) I had incredible highs, some of the most euphoric I've ever felt, almost like MDMA in a way, and the best sex enhancer of all time. So good. I got addicted to it and had to use phenibut to come off.

Then the second run I had with it, I got BDO. Ended up addicted real fast and the highs were less good but still pretty good, but I woke up in an ambulance (only time ever) when I dosed some on top of a couple of drinks, because it didn't hit me, since the ethanol was occupying the alcohol dehydrogenase, so I redosed a couple of times, thinking it was just my tolerance, and then it all hit me at once after the alcohol finished metabolizing.

I also tried GBL twice some time after that, after I got off of it again, someone had some and I knew I wouldn't be able to keep doing it. It was not as good as my GHB experiences, similar to BDO except it hit faster.

I prefer GHB to GBL and BDO, personally. There is still a fine line between a great high and a twitchy, narcoleptic mess, though. The first time I got GHB, I had a decent high the first few times but was underwhelmed. Then the rest of the 100 grams (most of it) I had incredible highs, some of the most euphoric I've ever felt, almost like MDMA in a way, and the best sex enhancer of all time. So good. I got addicted to it and had to use phenibut to come off.

Then the second run I had with it, I got BDO. Ended up addicted real fast and the highs were less good but still pretty good, but I woke up in an ambulance (only time ever) when I dosed some on top of a couple of drinks, because it didn't hit me, since the ethanol was occupying the alcohol dehydrogenase, so I redosed a couple of times, thinking it was just my tolerance, and then it all hit me at once after the alcohol finished metabolizing.

I also tried GBL twice some time after that, after I got off of it again, someone had some and I knew I wouldn't be able to keep doing it. It was not as good as my GHB experiences, similar to BDO except it hit faster.
Dilute GBL and administer rectally. That, combined with MDPV (IM), has lead to some of the most out & out, perverted sex sessions I've ever had. Only thing is, as stated, get the dose of GBL even slightly wrong and you're just this naked idiot, unconscious in the middle of the floor! (With a rather pissed off partner...)

Dilute GBL and administer rectally. That, combined with MDPV (IM), has lead to some of the most out & out, perverted sex sessions I've ever had. Only thing is, as stated, get the dose of GBL even slightly wrong and you're just this naked idiot, unconscious in the middle of the floor! (With a rather pissed off partner...)
How does it compare to oral (which is already very effective) in terms of duration and potency?

Bdo is almost equally nice compared to gbl. Gbl hits a lot faster and doses around 0,5 to 0,7 ml can be felt whereas bdo 1ml is almost without action. 1,5ml of both are almost equal despite for the onset. Another big difference is that you can readily see when someone is on 1ml of gbl but i look sober when on 1ml of bdo.

So @fastandbulbous, @izo. @negrogesic @Xorkoth.
I don't get the nausea with bdi and it's all I can getz but I've been starting with 2ml which seems to be a good kick starter. Then when I feel it winding down after an hour or so I'll do another ml, which sometimes is okay sometimes knocks me out.
I'm 16st/220lbs make 6"2. Dosage advice would be appreciated as I've had some great times with it.
Maybe 1.5ml first dose then 0-5 to 0.75 very hour or until I feel ill I want a redose?
It's a tricky drug to get right. Harder than regular G. Which by the way was over twice the cost, but not really any better in fx.
Thanks goiz.

So @fastandbulbous, @izo. @negrogesic @Xorkoth.
I don't get the nausea with bdi and it's all I can getz but I've been starting with 2ml which seems to be a good kick starter. Then when I feel it winding down after an hour or so I'll do another ml, which sometimes is okay sometimes knocks me out.
I'm 16st/220lbs make 6"2. Dosage advice would be appreciated as I've had some great times with it.
Maybe 1.5ml first dose then 0-5 to 0.75 very hour or until I feel ill I want a redose?
It's a tricky drug to get right. Harder than regular G. Which by the way was over twice the cost, but not really any better in fx.
Thanks goiz.

The pharmacokinetics/metabolism of 1,4-butanediol is quite tricky and is indeed very difficult to get right due to the multiple enzymatic pathways. The metabolism is also significantly influenced by food and alcohol consumption.

This tricky metabolism is then compounded by the steep dose response curve that GHB itself has, all of which make 1,4-butanediol a very tricky substance. I've had a number of "what the fuck" type of experiences with 1,4-butanediol where I've become uncomfortably intoxicated and miserably nauseated.

Its hard to give a set dose for anyone with regard to 1,4-BD but that protocol sounds about right. On the occasions that 1,4-BD has worked out for me, its usually from a 1-1.5ml initially dose, followed by smaller doses later (which begin to kick in faster and faster with each successive dose).

I've also had instances where I tried the above dosing regimen then took another 1.5ml dose after a series of .5ml doses over time and have become horribly ill.