European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Some thoughts on HR

nTro

Greenlighter
Hi all. I posted for my first time on BL this week after 10+ years of lurking. I was excited to see the response, but my posts were not well received (one even got closed).

At the time I was like “fuck these guys being all high and mighty”. However after having time to think about what I wrote I could see how it could appear anti-HR/irresponsible (i.e. testing “unknown substances).
Note: it was interpreted as asking for a substance ID but it was not... people actually do that8(

I consider myself to be a responsible user. I started exploring substances at a very early age (over 25 years ago and have managed to avoid (so far) the tragic/irreversible risks one faces as a result of being a substance user.

Many of my friends were not so lucky. Many deaths (including 2 very close friends, not just within my circle) and mental issues (in the case of another close friend it was irreversible). So here I am, one of the few that managed to NOT destroy my life (so far).

being a user is quite the balancing act (it requires constant vigilance). As moderators you face the balancing issue not just for your substance use but for the whole community! I cant imagine the train wrecks you have witnessed over ther years.

HR is a very complex issue and our understanding of it is an ongoing process. To give an extreme example of the complexity, one could argue that positive trip reports should not be allowed. Censorship is only a small example that shows how tricky the issue is.

If you made it this far thanks for reading!

TL;DR HR is important and I am sorry we got off on the wrong foot. You guys are great!

p.s. I posted in this sub because it has always been my favourite one... hope thats ok

I think in the interests of HR both the positive and negative aspects of drug use coming from drug users is far more effective than just pushing the negative side. If you just say smack will ruin your life people will not take notice. But if someone describes the good parts and the bad the message has a bigger chance of getting through. Lets face it there are many positive things that can come from drug use and downplaying them is effectively taking the just say no approach which does not work.

It's definitely a great topic of conversation though as if you look past the jokes and fucking around we do in this particular sub we also offer a tonne of experience and good advice.

I agree that this is a great topic for a HR forum. It's easy to toss the term about, but what does it really mean to us all?

I think exposing the positive and negative sides of drug use in as close to real-life experience as an online forum allows is HR 101 and what BL excels at. The sheer volume of information available here sees to that and the ongoing input from active drug users of every kind builds upon that every day.

This has and always will be what makes BL my online druggy home, and I do see that as being the absolute basics of true HR. Would be interested to hear what others think on this matter though, and especially what goes beyond that for them.

Also, welcome to EADD <3

A topic which we could debate from many sides. For me Ultimately a forum like this has to exist due to the lack of any real informative and exact information from any standard route.

Drugs have exisisted since humans first walked the earth. In the old days information was passed and dosage controlled based on the experience of the one chosen by the group. We no longer have the one chosen by the group / tribe with the knowledge.

We now live in an age of Disinformation from those who are supposed to be our tribal guide and this has proven to cause more harm than good. All drugs are bad except these two highly addictive substances now go kill yourselves freely while we profit on your misery?

We smoke a spliff and find out that actually they aren't so we proceed to find our own truth. Sometimes in doing so we go to far.

Without forums as BL we would only have access to our immediate surroundings - dealer, piers. Do they have our best interest at heart? Do they posses the knowledge?

We need to go back to the tribal basis of finding those with the actual knowledge in order to gain understanding and that's what BL does.

Of course you will get grey areas life is not and never will be black and white.

And absolutely HR first message is don't do what you don't know. Learn understand ask question and only then take the decision that is right for you.

Hiring ravers for conservation work with woodland trust, a charity |I have supportrd since 6.:)

TBF HR is known as the acronym for Human resource it's only really here it's been used to stand for harm reduction. Let's face it actually this site is both! Human resource - resource of many minds to deliver varying views and advice ?