• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Some people just shouldn't take psychedelics

There's no magic age when people are ready for it, people mature differently. And setting an arbitrary age minimum is just stupid. After all, think of all the posts we see of people being less able to handle tripping as they get older.

And saying people on SSRI's can't trip is just ignorant. There's plenty of anecdotal evidence of people on SSRI's tripping successfully at this point. You could say people who aren't depressed would have a more difficult time letting go because they have 'more to lose' in their daily life so to speak. I think tripping while depressed can be a great way to help get out of a rut, just make sure you're doing it for the right reasons.

And saying people on SSRI's can't trip is just ignorant.

Would more so say it's ignorant to yourself if you're on SSRIs and you trip. Of course it will still work, but why would you mix the two? As said above (not that they can't trip) if considering psychedelics on these kinds of 'antidepressant' chemicals then they should consider it to be a potential way to break away from them and instead use psychedelics irregularly every few months or a few times to instead do proper treatment.

MAOIs would be another dodgy one. Definitely with more severe effects.

You got to also bear in mind that SSRIs & other anti-depressants are being dolled out like Love Hearts here in the UK. You can get SSRIs for toothache these days. So just because someone is on an anti-depressant, doesn't necessarily mean they are psychologicaly unfit to trip but it will mean they need to carefully consider the possibilty of dangerous interactions.

Even if they are being liberal with their prescribing, there is still usually a good underlying reason for people to be considering them. Your underlying mindset is still an important factor to consider when using powerful psychedelics. Not everyone with fragile mental dispositions are going to have a bad trip or problems readjusting at the end, just as not everyone with high blood pressure is going to die using cocaine, but the increase risk of adverse reactions is real. If you are typically anxious or depressed, it is more likely you will carry these feeling into your trip.

Some people just have issues separating these emotions when using psychedelics

The old saying " you don't find acid, it finds you" to me doesn't mean lsd is some mystical drug that chooses its recipients, rather back in the day when it's supply was closely guarded, those in the know we're selective in who they believed would benefit from its experience. Nowadays you get every weirdo and their social phobia ordering such chemicals online and we then wonder why so many people get themselves into trouble.

It seems to me that this forum gets it fair share of people reporting bad trips and long recoveries from drug experimentation. Obviously different people react differently to certain drugs, but it still amazes me that so many of you continue to trip when it obviously doesn't agree with you.

People have bad trips for a variety of reasons, doesn't mean LSD doesn't agree with them. While set and setting and all that are important there is a wildcard factor that anyone at any level of experience level can have bummer. I would agree multiple repeated bad trips are sign to quit though.

The old saying " you don't find acid, it finds you" to me doesn't mean lsd is some mystical drug that chooses its recipients, rather back in the day when it's supply was closely guarded, those in the know we're selective in who they believed would benefit from its experience. Nowadays you get every weirdo and their social phobia ordering such chemicals online and we then wonder why so many people get themselves into trouble.

I have never met anyone who cared if their customers were "ready". LSD retailers in the early 90s were dirt bag hippies and teenagers and some bikers. None of those people had any sort of screening process. People see that whole scene so nostalgically now, it really wasn't the way you think it was. IMO its much harder to get today even with the dark web.

Spiritual enlightenment and inner healing .............

I read and hear so often people speaking about it in context of psychedelics and i totally don't get it.

Yes, there were studies showing that psychedelics can aid in a therapy. But these studies were in a therapeutic setting. The sessions where guided by professional psychiatrists and there was extensive debriefing. The psychedelics where just a aid in the psychotherapy and not the therapy itself. Its totally different to people taking heroic doses alone at home, with the lights out, listening to the dead and doing some thinking about their problems - "to get a slap in the face".

There is a positive rebound effect with most psychedelics. In opposite to e.g. amphs, people feel kind of happy after the trip. But like the amph come down depression, this happy feeling wont last forever. A real inner healing would be kind of lasting. People wouldn't have to repeat over and over again their inner healing process through psychedelics, if their inner problems would have been already effectively solved by this.

Same goes for spiritual enlightenment. There is no need for multiple enlightenment's. One is usually enough to show the way, if its a real one.

Doing over and over again high doses does affect the mind a lot; not necessarily in a good way. From my experience, people who think the more they do, the more they will be enlightened/healed, may really think they achieved it. But from the outside they just get really weird, like mental ill people, that think they are the only mental healthy ones and everybody else is ill and needs to be treated.