• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Some notes on recent trips and questions for veteran users; Do visuals diminish?

al-laddin

Bluelighter
Im curious. I remember when I was a teen and first got into psychs, basically
only acid was available to me as it was very abundant. But without fail if I
took even a half tab I had amazing visual effects. Im guessing most of the tabs
around that time were in 80-100 ug range. Anyway, I tripped a lot over the years
since my initiation to psychs and have tried several different compounds. I went
through a long battle with HPP and have finally accepted that psychs have had
some seemingly permanent effect on my vision. Its not terrible or debilitating
but theres visual snow and stuff going on.

In the last thirty days I have tripped 3 times. Twice in mshrooms and once on lucy. The first time on mushrooms
I took one little cap as a tester and had amazing alex grey-esque visual
landscapes with closed eyes, however visuals were brief, lasting a couple hours tops.
The next night I consumed 1.5 grams and had an intense 6 hour mental trip but no CEVs
Or OEVs....it was really strange because the headspace was were I should be at
that dose but the visuals diminished. It was an ok trip but it wasn't completely
satisfying. This could have been related to tolerance...but as I mentioned only visual effects decreased and i only took a dime sized cap the night before and had an unexpected effect.

I dropped 1.5 100 ug WoW blotter the other night. Didn't
have any spectacular visuals either. In fact it was on par with the 1.5 gram
mushroom experience. No CEVs or OEVs..some awesome trailing, things were
crawling /melting/shifting etc BUT there was INTENSE headfuck. Almost overwhelming confusion this
time. But no satisfying visuals like I used to get years ago.

So I ask you guys, have you noticed after prolonged use visuals diminish or have they increased for
you? Also one thing that I noticed that is quite interesting is that ALL of my
HPP symptoms seem to decrease to a degree of near non-existence when
tripping...strange. I also had some uncomfortable tachycardia on acid. I have never noticed this before. Perhaps I never payed attention, but is this normal ? I was drinking quite a bit of beer that night which may be responsibe for it. I have tripped over 100 times on lucy and have never noticed this so it was a bit strange. I kept my "shit" together because I have alot of experience tripping but it was really uncomfortable.

Bonus question: How common are "hotspots" on blotter? Is it likely that every sheet will have a few?

for me, 3 trips within thirty days is enough to warrant more headfuck/less visuals. I don't really think there's a way to re-sensitize yourself to visuals directly, other than spacing out your trips more and trying to keep yourself at optimal health while doing so.

My last trip that was super visual was three and a half hits of acid and as much K as I could fit in my nose. The majority of the visuals started kicking in when I was super dissociated and it's hard to remember a lot of it. It felt like my point of perception flew out my ear (and oddly enough it made a really strange sound when it went through my ear??) and then went into this bright red geometry world where I flew around and I'm pretty sure there was an entity-thing there but I don't remember the details of it very well. I eventually threw up and came back to reality feeling like a million bucks.

since then visuals have been mostly just colors and imagination enhancement and stuff. When I combined 15mg 4-aco-dmt and 17mg 2c-b I had visuals that reminded me of seeing stars so it was just a tad creepy for that reason.

take some time off from tripping and they can come back in full force

cool thanks for the advice...it was at least 2 weeks between the mushrooms and acid....I always thought that was enough...weird that tolerance seems to build to the eye candy slower than with the mental aspects

Not necessarily. I've been tripping for 5 years and with A LOT of different psychedelics.
As long as there is a long enough break and I am well rested before the trip I will have a very strong trip.

Last edited:
Sorry I meant the eye candy seems to diminsh before the mental aspects