• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Some Doctors And Therapists get Health Canada Permission to Use Magic Mushrooms

Joey

Bluelighter

The move comes after Health Canada gave four exemptions to palliative care patients to use the drug for end-of-life psychotherapy in August. Since then, other exemptions have been given to patients who want to use magic mushrooms.

The exemptions for health professionals will allow those who want to treat patients with psilocybin to understand what it would feel like and how best to use it.

They are good for one year.

Psychiatrists, nurses given exemptions​

"This is an immense step that the minister has taken, and a very wise step, a step that is totally congruent with the science and the published literature and is a very courageous move on her part and on our government's part," O'Sullivan said.

Psychedelic therapies such as psilocybin and LSD have had negative reputations, in part because of the war on drugs, O'Sullivan said.

"The war on drugs has been an unmitigated disaster worldwide. It has criminalized behaviour that does not need to be criminalized. Cannabis has been legalized, and the sky has not fallen," O'Sullivan said.

Last edited:

There has been a number of articles clueing into this direction lately. It looks like it's finally happening! Slowly but surely, mushrooms and psilocybin are becoming an approved treatment course in Canada. Loving how much progress is happening in this country on drug policy the last few years.

Nevermind the formatting of this post I mucked it up somehow.

strange. EVERYONE keeps talking about , and TONS OF ARTICLES claim they help with depression. but how come I always get super sad, and I cry and i remember things and feel anger, desperation, fear each time I take them?? I know someone will say "everyone is different" but all those labels they help with depression and anxiety and such, then they are all false!

strange. EVERYONE keeps talking about , and TONS OF ARTICLES claim they help with depression. but how come I always get super sad, and I cry and i remember things and feel anger, desperation, fear each time I take them?? I know someone will say "everyone is different" but all those labels they help with depression and anxiety and such, then they are all false!

Sadness and anger and desperation. These sound like symptoms of realizing how fucked up this world is, and is likely not a reflection on you.

However, one thing is clear - psychedelics are always vary in their effects upon different users. Perhaps they are not for you, but it could also be because these drugs are opening up a certain way of thinking that might bring about negative introspection (inward thinking) or extrospection (outward thinking)...these could bring on painful and uncomfortable emotions.

Sadness and anger and desperation. These sound like symptoms of realizing how fucked up this world is, and is likely not a reflection on you.

However, one thing is clear - psychedelics are always vary in their effects upon different users. Perhaps they are not for you, but it could also be because these drugs are opening up a certain way of thinking that might bring about negative introspection (inward thinking) or extrospection (outward thinking)...these could bring on painful and uncomfortable emotions.
These very 3 thoughts can be turned around into acceptance the world isn't that well or right so often and that can actually be a relief.

I gave myself an exemption to use mushrooms for therapy 16 years ago. Health Canada are late to the party.

Well, that's the end of mushrooms being illegal here. Once you give exemptions, anyone can argue in court that self-provision is important for constitutionally-protected security of the person.

Between this and the end of prosecution by Crown attorneys for personal posession, the dominoes are toppling.

I'll have to let my clearnet vendor know....oh wait. ;)

I like how the exemptions here are for the doctors to get high themselves "to see what it would feel like" hahahaha

Fuck's sake, lolsies

Those who have been given exemptions include psychiatrists associated with the University of Toronto...

Peterson? ;)

O'Sullivan and his wife both got an exemption. He is a general practitioner and she is a therapist. He said it's important for doctors who could eventually prescribe psychedelics to be well versed in their effects.

"You would not expect a guide to take any journey over any terrain with which the guide was not familiar. When it comes to psychedelics, the terrain is so unusual and so outlandish that it is absolutely imperative that the therapist have familiarity with the realms of the human unconscious that are visited under psychedelics because they can help guide the patient through situations that might seem utterly bizarre, even psychotic to an untrained therapist," O'Sullivan said.

Right. That's it. Can't take this law seriously anymore. I mean I wasn't, but if I end up in court now.....

Last edited:
i did more shrooms last night and i went into this deep paralyzing sadness of the past and the obsession with time. i just kept going back to those great moments and i just couldnt fucking figure it out, why were they so lost in time and couldnt be somehow frozen and kept forever!??!? i know ill lose em soon too. ill lose em forever when im gone which depresses me more when i think about it. BUT mainly im extremely anxious and depressed even obsessed about TIME! who the fuck controls TIME, must be the GOD? TIME IS GOD?? everything happens because of TIME. HOW THE FUCK DO I HOLD ON TO MY DEAR MEMORABLE HAPPY MOMENTS IN THIS TIME DAMNATION FOR FUCK SAKES!?!?! its freaking, pissing, and depressing the shit out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did more shrooms last night and i went into this deep paralyzing sadness of the past and the obsession with time. i just kept going back to those great moments and i just couldnt fucking figure it out, why were they so lost in time and couldnt be somehow frozen and kept forever!??!? i know ill lose em soon too. ill lose em forever when im gone which depresses me more when i think about it. BUT mainly im extremely anxious and depressed even obsessed about TIME! who the fuck controls TIME, must be the GOD? TIME IS GOD?? everything happens because of TIME. HOW THE FUCK DO I HOLD ON TO MY DEAR MEMORABLE HAPPY MOMENTS IN THIS TIME DAMNATION FOR FUCK SAKES!?!?! its freaking, pissing, and depressing the shit out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychedelic mushrooms aren't going to be an all encompassing catch-all for every form of depression. They are simply a therapy tool. It is not advised for someone with mental health problems to dive into a full psychedelic experience without the aid of a therapist and you don't sound like you're in the proper frame of mind to take on a deep solo psychedelic trip. Mushrooms can often times be a difficult experience. They are called harsh teachers for a reason because they can often bring trauma and fears to the surface and not everybody is ready to confront such things head-on by themselves.

I often find the mushroom experience itself to be unpleasant and tough to go through. It is usually the after effects or after glow of the experience when I come out of the psychedelic storm, that leaves me feeling refreshed, renewed and free of nagging depression but not everybody is in a position to process the difficult things they were shown so as to utilize the experience moving forward in their life. I would recommend giving it a break. Especially if you are having long lasting difficult experiences.

Last edited:
I believe it's only a matter of time until states start to decriminalize psychedelics. Some cities and (1) state, (I think) have already done so.

Shit VA even legalized marijuana. Never thought I'd see the day.

It is difficult to endure depression, illnesses, difficult life situations without external support. It's good when there are relatives nearby and can help you. But lonely people have to look for support in mushrooms and grass. I haven't tried mushrooms, although when I was diagnosed with psoriasis, I was terrified. Thanks to my husband for his support, it gave me the strength to fight and seek help https://melbournefunctionalmedicine.com.au/psoriasis-treatment-a-natural-treatment-for-psoriasis/. Before I started treatment, I smoked, I didn't know that it made it much worse. Smoking and the use of alcoholic beverages negatively affect the development of the disease, can contribute to the strengthening of the manifestations of psoriasis.