• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos some benzodiazepines are bitter while others are tasteless. are there other flavors?

yeah, that oral diazepam solution was the most intensely bitter thing i've tasted in my life. i thought it would be better highly diluted, but 5ml equating 50mgs turned half a liter of coke from a soft drink into.... torture. the worst thing was that the taste lingered for minutes no matter what you drank or how much of it.

Lol yeah, I dose twice a day with that shit, and wow... 8o
I've gotten used to the taste, but you're absolutely right... the taste lingers for WAY longer than necessary! :p

What the shit... how does diazepam kinda numb your tongue and under it? Does anyone notice this? This is with sublingualing Qualitest Diazepam if it makes any difference as far as fillers and binders.

It either leaves some sort of film from the fillers or it actually numbs it very slightly, not sure how to put the sensation/taste in to words.

Does anyone else notice this? It doesn't happen with Xanax...

Lol yeah, I dose twice a day with that shit, and wow... 8o
I've gotten used to the taste, but you're absolutely right... the taste lingers for WAY longer than necessary! :p

may i ask why? if i was to use diazepam, i'd very much prefer the pills, regardless of the manufacturer. at least those can be swallowed without necessarily involving my poor tastebuds.

Very interesting thread.
I have 4 different benzo tablets/pills in my medication box.
Including,
(name/color/manufacturer/strength)

Diazepam, Blue, Teva, 10mg. Tastes like peppermint.
Clonazepam, Green, Teva, 1mg. Tastes like mint.
Lorazepam, White, Watson, 2mg. Tastes like nothing.
Alprazolam, White, Greenstone, 2mg. Tastes very bitter.

I never really understood this. Why don't they make them all taste good? Lol I know we're talking medications here
not candy, but if possible, why not?
Like I stated, Diazepam and Clonazepam actually taste good. Lorazepam literally taste Like nothing, but are very coaty.
Alprazolam always has tasted nasty. Like a burnt bitter chemical.

I'm in love with the kpin mint taste. Ya know the releif is coming

^^^ indeed. They're delicious!
Are the white 2mg Clonazepam also minty? I've never had the 2mg Clonazepam, only 1mg.

Valium-kinda bitter/chalky but not bad tasting
Xanax-Bitter! But I like it,lol.
Klonopin-Like a mint
Ativan-think it was chalky and kinda bitter,can't reallly remember,or if I remeber it didn't really have a taste...just can't remember, they were always weak to,so didn't bother.
Etizolam- Kinda of a sweet taste

Ativan ive only had sublingual and they were tasteless
alprazolam all were bitter except the odt which was minty

In Australia they stopped making the brand name Vallium say still sell/make diazepam but a different name called antenex . I Swear Vallium brand had no taste and it tasted like chalk but this new brand antenex taste like shit I can't sublingual them because I can't wash the taste out . Do they still sell Valium brand in other places

^^^ they're still available in the states. But nobody wants to pay $500+ for a months worth supply.
generic benzos are very cheap. 90 10mg Diazepam tablets are about $15.
I guess the brand names are for rich wealthy folks obviously. I sure as hell wouldn't even THINK about paying ridiculous amounts of cash JUST to get a brand name medication.
That kind of money can get you a fucking brand new 2016 Lexus/BMW/Audi/Mercedes. Make your pick,
Diazepam + 2016 Vehicle or just Valium? Lol yeah that's what I thought.

lol I'd take the Lexus any day :) but in australia they actually stopped selling Valium brand , the name brand is antenex and the generic version is called APO-diazepam . You guys are so lucky to have the 10mg ones . We only have 2mg and 5mg , and Xanax is a schedule 8 controlled substance , schedule 8s are like morphine oxycodone bupe all the hard shit you know , you wouldn't think Xanax to be in that category.

I'm scripted Diazepam and it seems to depend on the brand as to how they taste. Crescent pharma, Teva and another that I can't remember the name of; all in 2mg dose. One tastes really sweet and the other slightly bitter.

I LOVE Teva benzos. Esp Clonazepam and Diazepam.
The 1mg green Clonazepam are minty. The 10mg blue Diazepam are pepperminty yum!

Drderms,
you guys are more lucky over there in Australia.
you guys get Codeine AND Phenergen (promethazine) OVER THE COUNTER.
Pure codeine here in the States is a Schedule II controlled substance. Same class as Oxy, Methadone, Morphine, Dilaudid, etc.

Promethazine is Rx only.

All benzos are Schedule IV (4) controlled substances, including Xanax, Ativan, Valium, and Klonopin.

Some of these controlled substances don't make sense at all. Like, how is CANNABIS a Schedule I drug, same class as Heroin! Lol
While Methamphetamine, Methadone, Oxy, and Morphine are all Schedule II, lol.
also, alcohol is LEGAL, which kills millions of people every year.
Cannabis and alcohol should swap places. Or at least swap Cannabis for Meth! Like wtf? Meth is a trillion times more damaging and dangerous than cannabis.

Fucked up system!

God damn with old thread revival. Constantly happening because of google...

Clonazepam tastes minty and sweet.

Diazepam is bitter.

Alprazolam is even more bitter.

Ativan is kind of tasteless imo.

Phenazepam is tasteless.

^^^ why is that upsetting you? Lol

if there's already a thread made about the exact topic someone is looking for, is it better to continue the old thread or make a new one of exactly the same? I thought those were BL rules?
We must use the search engine to find what we're looking for, if it's there continue the thread, if not make a new thread.

^^^ why is that upsetting you? Lol

if there's already a thread made about the exact topic someone is looking for, is it better to continue the old thread or make a new one of exactly the same? I thought those were BL rules?
We must use the search engine to find what we're looking for, if it's there continue the thread, if not make a new thread.

There's no reason to post though. What I mean by old thread revival, is OP will ask a question 3 years ago and then someone who found the thread through google will try answering the question, bringing back a 3 year old thread. Shit happens on the daily and it's just frustrating after seeing it for years lol.

If it's a discussion thread about something, not a specific question, I guess it's okay then.

I LOVE Teva benzos. Esp Clonazepam and Diazepam.
The 1mg green Clonazepam are minty. The 10mg blue Diazepam are pepperminty yum!

Drderms,
you guys are more lucky over there in Australia.
you guys get Codeine AND Phenergen (promethazine) OVER THE COUNTER.
Pure codeine here in the States is a Schedule II controlled substance. Same class as Oxy, Methadone, Morphine, Dilaudid, etc.

Promethazine is Rx only.

All benzos are Schedule IV (4) controlled substances, including Xanax, Ativan, Valium, and Klonopin.

Some of these controlled substances don't make sense at all. Like, how is CANNABIS a Schedule I drug, same class as Heroin! Lol
While Methamphetamine, Methadone, Oxy, and Morphine are all Schedule II, lol.
also, alcohol is LEGAL, which kills millions of people every year.
Cannabis and alcohol should swap places. Or at least swap Cannabis for Meth! Like wtf? Meth is a trillion times more damaging and dangerous than cannabis.

Fucked up system!

You can't get pure codeine OTC here , you can get panadeiene extra which isi15mg codeine /500 apap 40 packs CWE ;) codeine is is going to be prescription only in June 1st 2016 it's fucked up , there's gonna be a spike in the black market, there not gonna stop users from using drugs by making it prescription only . People are just gonna doctor shop and most likely get stronger pain killers . If your on government benefits , doctors appointments are free .
Australia will most Likely make anti histamines that have a sedative affect such as phenergan prescription only , In a couple years , just what I think .
Land I totally agree about the alcohol killing a lot of people and even tobacco more addictive then anything , most people smoke there whole lives everyday , me being one of them hehe . :)