• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

soma?

Hi HAPY NEW YEAR to ALL -

Well I have been on Soma for a few weeks now - was 3 * 350mg / day but my GP made a mistake on prescription and gave me for 4 / 350mg / day - So that is what i am taking.

1st soma I took I got all happy and Sh!t - But since then - I really cannot feel anything - except my tension has almost completely gone !! - Which was the reason I initially got it besides -

I n 2 days I will see my GP and go for 4 soma / day and double my clonazepam prescription to 4 * 0.5mg - I need 4 doses - And clonazepam - for me in any dose (ATM) over 0.5mg is just too much for my brain !!

As to Alprazolam - I really never got it - Clonazepam and even soma is way better for me !!

Pillthrill said:
I just got some soma. I took one and had nothing but a heavy feeling in my body none of the drunk feeling I get with Xanax...normal? Up the dose? I just don't know what to exspect or how much to take.

I think 3 x 350mg is the normal recreational dosage. I think I read they have a tolerance for a few days after dosing...

just got 21 of these from my suboxone doc. going to try them out in a few minutes!

What I can say though is that in ex vivo studies on muscle tissue, Soma works by similar mechanism of action as spasmolytic non-depolarizing SMRs (with the exception the hydantoins like dantrolene. Also, an example of a depolarizing SMR would be succinylcholine, and a non-spasmolytic non-depolarizing SMR would be curare.)

Do you have *any* references for that? All of the papers I've managed to find say that it's action is GABAergic, and specifically seperate it from don-depolarizing SMRs.

Soma isn't all that great on it's own... less recreational than benzos. With opiates however, it's heavenly. Perhaps even better than benzos. It's a close competition as to which mixes better with opiates: benzos or carisoprodol (Soma).

weirdo. I don't get any euphoria from benzos unless there's an opiate. I do from carisoprodol though. Maybe I'm the weirdo.

I didn't feel much from this stuff alone, but it worked good for muscle pain when i ahd the flu. with suboxone it was euphoric but took away from the body high, with drinking it was kinda fun. Bu I have never exceeded 6 tablets.

I mostly took them coming down from e or when I' felt sick. I may get some more and mix them with my coming shipment of butalbital and my suboxone script.

I think i am going to try to get high off soma alone, with ntohing else added. I want to see how it feels clearly, because it seems enjoyable. I jsut probably need something ridiculous like 8 tablets

Just had a friend take 16 and woke up in the hospital with his clothes cut off. Luckily, his phone was knocked off the hook and someone went to his house and found him. What a dumbass!

Damn I love soma.. all I can get are xanax and opiates, when I get the ocassional craving.

Cant get soma? I'm just across the florida line, and its everywhere here..... I cant find oc's anymore.

I'll come visit.

Ok, so most of the posts (haha, that rhymes) have agreed that Soma potentiates Opiates. Which is great news, b/c I'm rx'd Somas (don't know the strength, but I can find out if it is needed for this question). Anyway, I've been taking Soma for about 2 years, never even thought of it recreationaly, except that maybe it would "take the edge off" a little. So with someone w/ that high of a tolerance, how many Somas should I take w/ some nice Pod Tea? I also take xanax (not really recreationally, just to keep me from killing people). :!

Yesterday I took more Soma than I usually would (about 1 every couple of hours, till I got up to 4. Then I stopped). But I noticed I was REALLY sleepy yesterday. I mean, to the point where I fell asleep in the bathtub, droping my book in the water. :( I'm just confused, b/c I would think someone who had been taking it for 2 years wouldn't be a light weight. Oh, and the dosage for the Pod Tea was about 40 grams, doing 3 rinses (I didn't drink it all and I DON'T eat the pods!!!!) Started w/ seed tea, then moved to pod tea. Been doing pod tea for a few months.

Where did I go wrong? :(

Any advice/answers very much appreciated!

Last edited:
Apparently, I am the thread killer. C'mon, someone's gotta know something!

Ok, so most of the posts (haha, that rhymes) have agreed that Soma potentiates Opiates. Which is great news, b/c I'm rx'd Somas (don't know the strength, but I can find out if it is needed for this question). Anyway, I've been taking Soma for about 2 years, never even thought of it recreationaly, except that maybe it would "take the edge off" a little. So with someone w/ that high of a tolerance, how many Somas should I take w/ some nice Pod Tea? I also take xanax (not really recreationally, just to keep me from killing people). :!

Yesterday I took more Soma than I usually would (about 1 every couple of hours, till I got up to 4. Then I stopped). But I noticed I was REALLY sleepy yesterday. I mean, to the point where I fell asleep in the bathtub, droping my book in the water. :( I'm just confused, b/c I would think someone who had been taking it for 2 years wouldn't be a light weight. Oh, and the dosage for the Pod Tea was about 40 grams, doing 3 rinses (I didn't drink it all and I DON'T eat the pods!!!!) Started w/ seed tea, then moved to pod tea. Been doing pod tea for a few months.

Where did I go wrong? :(

Any advice/answers very much appreciated!

I usually start with taking 3 somas at a time. Then see where I am from there.

To get comfortably numb... maybe 5 - 6.

And thats without daily use. But, I really like the relaxed, numb-type feeling.

Forget the pod tea.

i'm a little confused as to what soma is. is it a pill? i have heard people call amanitas muscaria soma before, so that's what i thought this thread was about.

Yes, Soma is a pill usually used as a muscle relaxant.

Also, the Search Engine works great. ;)

I think i had reallly strong Soma, because 2 would get me TRASHED, coudlnt drive,stand up strait, and woudl usually go to sleep after an hour