View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Soma // Kykeon // Ayahuasca Admixture.

Psychonautical

Bluelighter
Alright, so i've been doing a lot of philosophizing about the different theories behind what could have possibly been in these theoretical psychoactive drinks from the Middle East and Egypt i have read so much about over the ages. I understand that those to places used to be a lot more lush than what they are today given all of the consistent wars and bombings over the centuries.

The first thing i started to think about is that the "burning bush" through which god spoke to people, wasn't actually Marijuana if you take a look at the area. It was an Acacia Species. Probably an Acacia species, that hasn't been tested for alkaloids yet, or one that is almost near extinction. Acacia Bushes are fairly common in those areas from what i have been able to decipher. But as all plants, different species within the same genus do not always contain the same alkaloids. Now when Egypt and Sumer and Iraq used to be more like a Forest rather an burnt desert plain. There used to be a lot of Lotus flowers and other herbs and plants and trees which no longer exist today. So i got to thinking if you Mix Lotus Flowers for Tranquility, with Syrian Rue, for Maoi Properties and Acacia Bush flowers. You would have a Psychoactive Middle Eastern Ayahuasca Admixture. In Theory. It would be safe to say that using the evidence of our day based upon the existing knowledge of thriving amazonian tribal cultures. It's that knowledge used to be obtained through the use of psychedelic plants. It wasn't created out of the thin air as a product of a consumerist media. So let just say as an example one day you have a sheep header out in the plain, and lightening strikes a bush, he goes over to the "burning bush" which just happens to be what we call an "acacia" today. He inhales the fumes from the smoke trying to put out the fire and has visions. Given the dmt alkaloid % in Acacia bushes can be in there in quantities of 2-4%. This is an ENTIRE Bush that is on fire. You would have to imagine that sheep herder is tripping out, It's like a Barn Fire full of DMT smoke. So he goes and tells his friends about it and they go and start looking for more of these bushes. So they start small with Fires, burning large DMT containing plant materials and having their own kind of "burning man" experiences. Eventually they hear about other psychoactive plant materials and they start to create wines and other concoctions which produce even stronger psychoactive effects. But then something happened. Either the drink became popular, and they accidentally drove one of the species into extinction, or they suffered a Cultural Amnesia because of a War, Plague, but something had to bypass their social and cultural consciousness of that time which didn't allow the knowledge to pass over into the next epoch and was then lost from the historical record. There many of these plants, like the Acacia Confusa from Taiwan which has OVER 4% alkaloid content in the more ancient trees. Is there perhaps there is a species almost near the edge of extinction somewhere out there in an Oasis that contains the Middle Eastern Heart of the DMT experience.

Now i believe that all psychoactive plant materials have their Gods, and their Goddesses Mimosa, is the Shamans tool. There haven't really been 'shamans' with these other plants working with them for Centuries. So you have to imagine, that if "drugs" are a "gateway into other dimensions of thought" and if we can get DMT from a variety of plant sources, just like people can get wine from many different kind of grape sources.
If you are a True Aficionado, meaning you don't abuse it, and you respect the material, you will notice subtly different effects from varying sources of material.

Example: Italian wine, is obviously going to be better than any wine you get out of California. There is something Shamanic about growing grapes for generations and then using an alchemical process to create an elixir.
So you have to imagine, like seriously join me on this imagination quest.

That the true shamans of Mimsoa have left their mark within it's material and spiritual plant realm. Just like the Italians have left their mark in the Wine world. By having put all of that love and time and care and joy into the process.
Just like people have left their mark in the cross breeding of different marijuana plants. All of these realms or dimensions to the different layers of everything you can experience from the DMT you can acquire are just different ways of looking into the realms of the spirits of the plants the people who use them.
So ultimately i feel it can be the EXACT same chemical, but if it comes from a different plant source, with a different set of cultural values surrounding it on a daily basis. it will produce different effects. because at a finite scale its all about vibrations.

Last edited:
I think you're assuming that primitive sheep herders would view altered states as enjoyable as a 16 year old today who has just read Terence Mckenna. I don't think they would - I think they'd view it as demonic possession.

How does it sound unlikely. Lotus Wine was a KNOWN thing in that area.
Syrian Rue, is a Known thing in that area. Acacia Bushes Grow world Wide.
Take a look at Australia. even the Shamanic Pygmys of Australia used to have a DMT containing Acacia source, which is now on the Brink of extinction.
Acacia maidenii. I want to have a serious debate here.

Hawaii, Taiwan, North America they all have an Acacia species that produces DMT, including grasses.
So you'd have to imagine that my theory is technically safe to say. Given that there used to be a time, when man was in competition with nature and all things had to derive themselves from somewhere.

I just doubt that a shepherd would breathe enough acacia smoke to get a buzz unless it was from hypoxia...

I can't see anyone getting high from burning an acacia bush. You need to take the DMT in a concentrated form and take a huge lungful. No use sitting beside a burning bush.

I agree that locals might have produced psychedelic concoctions from the acacia species, yet the "burning" bush, as I see it, is just a metaphor to describe the very magic that plant posseses, probably because visions envoked by it were..of fiery nature? I, too, doubt that one could efficiently inhale unconcentrated smoke and get noticeably high on it.

Take a look at Australia. even the Shamanic Pygmys of Australia used to have a DMT containing Acacia source, which is now on the Brink of extinction.
Acacia maidenii. I want to have a serious debate here.

Acacia maidenii is not really 'on the brink of extinction' but it is endangered, despite being pretty widespread throughout south-eastern Australia. We also have quite a few other sources of DMT in other acacia species, but there is no real evidence that indigenous Australians used these plants as such, mainly due to oral-inactivity of these plants. Nicotine containing plants were used such as Duboisia hopwoodii, and some tropane containing plants may have been used.

To me, the bible is a pretty negative text designed out of fear to control people. Why people want to link it psychedelics is beyond me.

Well, i'm not trying to use the bible, i'm trying to use actual historical evidence based upon plants that naturally occured in the region.
I've found numerous cites, pdfs and links, all stating that there has been some sort of Sumerian//Egyptian Acacia Trees that contain DMT. There are two or three different species which contain a minimal amount, but that doesn't mean that there wasn't other species within the genus that used to thrive there.
Passion Flowers used to grow in that area. They are MAOI inhibitors, just albeit not very potent ones.
Syrian Rue is close by in Syria. Not to mention everything was traded along the Silk Road.

I'm not asking for a Biblical Tree. Even though all religious stories, are technically derived from psychedelic drug use. That burning bush, could literally be an Desert Acacia species that is either A: No longer around.
Or B: Practically Extinct. So much of the architecture and design is based off of DMT-esque visions that you would have to imagine there being something like that out there.
I actually recently got into a conversation via Facebook with Historian and Novellist Graham Hancock, and he said that i am on the trail of something that ethnobotanists have been on the trial for, for decades.

The problems being the desert peoples of the middle east, are unwilling to share much of their knowledge about what they use traditionally more so than amazonian tribes.
All of their land, and all of their plants has been reduced down to Small stretches of Land and Small Oasises.

Last edited:
Read the PDF i posted above, there are Numerous citations for other websites, historical references and archelogical evidence trying to prove what i am saying is true.
i'm just not going to flog a dead mule if no one else is willing to join me on this thought experiment.

example, The Acacia Shittah, which grows near Mount Sinai, HAS alot of DMT in it.
it also has ALOT of other shit in it as well.
Arbre-du-tenere-1961.jpg

This is an Acacia tortilis.
Which looks alot like an Acacia Shittah
It was apparently used to build Noahs Ark, it's commonly found in Egyptian Carvings and
it is damn near close to extinct i'd have to imagine.

Take a look at the isolation of these trees. If you are a desert bedouin, you know your access to higher dimensions is suddenly becoming limited.
You make sure that the people do not know where the grove of your sacred medicine is, or the Oasis.

Read the PDF i posted above, there are Numerous citations for other websites, historical references and archelogical evidence trying to prove what i am saying is true.
i'm just not going to flog a dead mule if no one else is willing to join me on this thought experiment.

Well, I don't know about the acacias out in the desert, but I read that according to the indigenous people the Amazon region the secret to the DMT/MAOI combo was given to them by the Gods. That seems completely reasonable to me...knowledge given to the few by the Gods so that the few can show the many a more direct route to the Gods.

I know this is somewhat off the subject of your burning bush, but maybe, just maybe something similar happened in the desert with Acacia and Syrian Rue...?
The Gods...not "GOD", but "the Gods"...a Plant God maybe just showed someone that shit so that they could teach others...?
NOT that it was some dumb-luck, whoops I'm high accident.

...just food for thought...experiment.

I don't think you need God tho do you? People try different plants - what else have they got to do with their time?

I don't think you need God tho do you? People try different plants - what else have they got to do with their time?

Actually, I was just playing Devils advocate to his accidental burning bush theory.... i've often wondered though, how many "would be" shamans fucking croaked in the thirst(pun intended)for knowledge?
Eat this shroom nothing...eat that shroom nothing...eat those shrooms...you're fucking dead..."next shaman please"...eat this shroom ...nothing...eat that shroom.....?????????
Not to mention the combo DMT/MAOI...I mean finding that combination musta killed 'em in droves...eat this vine, nothing...eat that vine...you're fucking dead.....on it goes.

It's actually very similar to the story I provided a link for on previous page.