• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Soma ...how many ??

Anza

Greenlighter
I'm watching an episode of an intervention program and its showing a girl that became dependent on opiates and muscle relaxers within one year.
She says she was consuming 100 Lortabs and 100 Soma a day.
I had an addiction to opiate painkillers and after 10 years of use I was using 40 norcos a day.
(20 twice a day)
One night I ran out so I used some Soma that I had a full Rx of and while chasing the same high (dumbass me) took 4 then 4 more then 8 more then 4 more and woke up 3 days later on life support from a deep coma.
The doctor came in and asked me what I had done and when I told him he says
"well that was dumb. Since ur heart is a muscle how much do u think it can endure before it relaxes it's way to stopping ?"
Now ....
how is it possible this girl's heart didn't stop on her indefinitely after 100 Soma a day ?

Surprisingly enough I think some of the folks profiled exaggerate their drug intake just a wee bit!

Surprisingly enough I think some of the folks profiled exaggerate their drug intake just a wee bit!
I was about to say the same thing. Many things I see on some of these documentaries do seem embellished. It makes for a more interesting show, sadly. Maybe the girl featured on this story was lucky.

I was about to say the same thing. Many things I see on some of these documentaries do seem embellished. It makes for a more interesting show, sadly. Maybe the girl featured on this story was lucky.

yes I agree ... people do tend to over exaggerate their use. although idk why ...
I have been embarrassed enough by my true amount of overuse !
but I finally got help and I'm recovering now. not easy...but worth it.

Five of the 350mg Somas as single dose has always done the job for me, just make sure that you can sit, recline or whatever and don't have to drive or do anything for a few hours. I have a lot of experience with Soma as I used to get them prescribed a lot when doctors handed them out like candy before they became a CIV in 2012.