• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Soma, high, and dosage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escapedysphoria

Ex-Bluelighter
Right now I'm pretty dry, but I'm getting 7 Somas (carisoprodol) 350mgs. I was wondering what the high is like and does it produce euphoria? I have only taken one or two to potentiate oxy. I have moderately high tolerance to benzos and I'm not sure if that's relevant to the effects of soma, but what dose would you recommend for a nice, euphoric 'high' ?

Many people like Soma, others don't have good results with it....

You'll probably have to get to the 700 or 1050mg level (2 or 3 pills) to get any euphoria. I recommend lower dosages to potentiate oxycodone or other opiates.

Normally I would close a thread like this because its been discussed many times before but I'm not the biggest expert of Soma so I'll leave it open so people with more info/experience can provide you with more detailed information :)

Okay thanks for the feedback. That's understandable, I was searching through some threads about soma, but I wasn't finding enough of the info I wanted

Oh damn I didn't even think about erowid hah. Still somewhat faded from a benzo binge last night.

2 or 3 Soma is a good dose, should get you to where you want to be. I don't know about euphoria, it is possible but not everybody gets euphoria from Soma. Benzodiazepines and Soma have a slight cross tolerance, so if you take a lot of benzos then you have less chances of feeling the full effects. Some of the effects are somewhat similar to benzodiazepines, and although only mildly, it does have anxiolytic properties at moderate doses. More so it relaxes the muscles and makes you feel sedated but at higher doses can produce a drunk-like feeling, floaty. Releases inhibition. Some of these potential effects I listed my be exaggerated to a certain extent. Too much can make you slur and become unbalanced, feel intoxicated. I emphasize potential. WARNING: You don't want to mix it with benzodiazepines or other depressants, as it does enhance the effects and can lead to respiratory depression.

^Sounds good. However, at that dosage, be careful with combining with other depressants, as K'd-OUT mentioned.

Honestly I don't think you'll need 4, that would be an awful lot for someone who hasn't used them before. But only you will know after you take them.

4-5 is usually the kind of doses I needed but I had a tolerance back when I had access to them. I also had a an awful high tolerance to benzodiazepines.

Update us with how you feel!

Three was feeling like a tease so I just had to pop the fourth. I feel great though, so relaxed and loose which is providing a euphoria along with just a very content feeling. My balance is fucked, but I'm enjoying it like i do when I'm really drunk hah. I smoked smoke medical snocap along with some great homegrown 'white pearl' with intense indica highs. I feel like I'm just floating away into bliss. I think 4 of the 350mg somas is my sweet spot, along with the potent weed. I would definitely throw some opiates/opioids into the mix if i had some. This is taking forever to type!

Three was feeling like a tease so I just had to pop the fourth. I feel great though, so relaxed and loose which is providing a euphoria along with just a very content feeling. My balance is fucked, but I'm enjoying it like i do when I'm really drunk hah. I smoked smoke medical snocap along with some great homegrown 'white pearl' with intense indica highs. I feel like I'm just floating away into bliss. I think 4 of the 350mg somas is my sweet spot, along with the potent weed. I would definitely throw some opiates/opioids into the mix if i had some. This is taking forever to type!

Right on! I'm glad your feeling high. You may have needed more than I expected but either way, your felling good and that is what counts. Have a great time.

Oh I am haha. Probably because of my benzo tolerance. I'm prescribed xanax xr 1mg and temazepam 30mg, plus I've used benzos recreationally probably more than I should have

Its hard to resist not abusing benzos when prescribed them. I was prescribed 8mg Klonopin + 60mg Temazepam for the longest time, over 4 years or something, and I would take up to 20mg which would have me feeling very nice! When I tossed in Soma, I was dead drunk, blacking out on occasion.

Best to take less than you think and work your way up in my opinion if it is your first experience.

Don't do much for me bust a little relaxation. But if I take them immediately after a meal it induces a short period of a very nice mellow euphoria. So I always take it with food.

1400 mgs of soma was my preferred dose. I definitely felt relaxed, euphoric, and somewhat intoxicated. I enjoyed soma on it's own and consider it recreational. Would go great at a lower dose alongside some opiates/opioids and maybe lyrica?

It's nice and warm if combined with opiates, but at a lower dosage, I'd imagine the same when combined with Lyrica. However, because all three of those drugs are depressants, tread carefully.

I would personally just combine it with opiates at a lower dosage (350-700mg)

I tried 750 soma last night with 2mgs of klonopin and it basically felt like 1 benadryl. Very disappointing. ?

I've only ever taken as much as 750mg before without a tolerance and it definitely knocked me out. I had a good warm, brightened feeling for a good half hour before it happened though. Maybe muscle relaxers aren't my thing. I'm glad you had a good time with a 1500mg dose without falling asleep! :x

Status
Not open for further replies.