• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Soma/Gabapentin - Cross tolerance?

cucadark

Greenlighter
Hello everybody.
I would like to know if soma (carisoprodol) has cross-tolerance with gabapentin.
Excuse me if I make some mistake with my English.
Thanks a lot.

I'll tell it with other terms, in case I haven't explained it correctly: is there cross-tolerance between soma and gabapentin? I've quitted gabapentin and want to know if I can take soma to ease the withdrawal without building tolerance to gabapentin again.Thanks for your help.

Please, I need that somebody answers my question. The withdrawal is being really hard although I tappered down. Thanks.

Correct me if Im wrong but they work in different receptors in the brain. So there is no cross tolerance between them. I don't think soma would help with gaBa withdrawal.

I'm pretty damn sure that Soma (Carisoprodol) acts as a pro-drug for some sort of barbituate. I do so love Somas. I also love Gabapentin though, and long to try Lyrica. I can't see much cross tolerance besides the usual GABAergic action and the mild sedative action. Should be minimal but slight cross tolerance.

Thanks for your answers, but don't both Soma and gabapentin work in GABA receptors?
That is what I am afraid of.

No they r not at all Cross-Tolerate to any TRUE DEGREE! But it hotly debated whether GABAPentin causes Withdrawal similarly as Bad as Benzo Withdrawal But lot people including myself experience no Withdrawal at all But it definitely feels Like A Drug that has A Strong Effect through Increasing GABA in the Brain somehow.

Not sure about Cross tolerance, but when I take Soma I can go without my Gabapentin. Usually if I don't take my Gabapentin every day I get bad withdrawals. So I can make my Gabapentin script last longer with the help of Soma.

There should not be any cross-tolerance between these two drugs. Gabapentin (Neurontin) and Carisoprodol (Soma) are completely found within completely different classes of drugs. In case we are all unaware Carisoprodol is actually metabolized into Meprobamate as a final product. Meprobamate is an old-school non-Barbiturate sedative that was extremely popular under the brand name Miltown decades ago. Gabapentin works as a Calcium Channel Blocker and is not remotely similar.

I dont know what to think. Yesterday I took 4 somas (350 mg per pill) and today I feel worse. I have been suffering muscle cramp in my legs and arms for 10 days. I hope this ends soon.