• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Soma for Xanax withdrawal

Bluelighter
Can you use Soma to deal with or come off of Xanax habit?

Can you use Soma to deal with or come off of Xanax habit?
How bad is your xanax habit? Soma will make you feel better but it's a different class of chemical so it won't help if you have a seizure while you are in WD.

3mg a day roughly. It varies. Sometimes less sometimes more. Only used for sleep. Using on & off for a year

Yeah I have the liquid Kava and Valerian root. They work pretty good. I had been tapering cause I think CT does real damage What about SSRI or partials. Do they increase the seizure threshold. And booze since that screws with GABA. Avoid or use it. I just want to be be able to function. Going 5 days without sleep isn’t gonna kill me. It’s that morning wake up with panic. Holy shit. It’s paralyzing. I have lexapro too but don’t take it

NO. you need diazepam to take as an when needed
I agree with this ,3mg a day of Xanax is going to leave you in rough shape,I switched from Xanax to Valium when I wanted to get off of benzos,I found just taking one soma felt better for me then two,two effected my ability to walk straight and my speech even got sloppy,I don’t thing the soma will provide much relief from the withdrawals though,it’s a whole different type of drug

Ive had 2 seizures on xanax and crashed two cars on xanax/oxy. Once you are a daily 2mg+ you are in seizure zone. If you can taper even at all it will help. Ex: you've been doing 4mg a day for a month. you have 16 2mg left. Take 4mg day one, day two take 3mg, day 3 2mg, then after that try to get under 1mg. As long as you don't cold turkey your chances of seizures decrease. That said, if you can't taper due to supply Librium and other taper meds are available at ER. Going there didn't even affect my script, either. Liquid Benzo i would careful of--so strong they make your tolerance skyrocket. Addavan also can prevent seizures. It's sad they had methodone clinics but not benzo withdrawal clinics: only two drugs that I know of that kill from withdrawals are Xanax and Booze because of GABA receptor. But honestly if you're nervous and running low go to ER for some librium.