• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Soma, and antipsychotics safe?

Generic84

Bluelighter
Hi,

I'm going to get soma from a friend, and am on Abilify, and Clozaril. Is Soma safe with antipsychotics?

Hi,

I'm going to get soma from a friend, and am on Abilify, and Clozaril. Is Soma safe with antipsychotics?
Dangerous by itself, not a drug of abuse unless you like falling over hitting your head on the corner of a table

@Generic84 there are not any extreme or immediate dangers associated with mixing any of these drugs, so you should be fine. I know I don't need to lecture you on the efficacy of your medication regimen, just know that taking any drugs when engaged in treatmemnt of this kind could lead to a lowered efficacy of said treatment. Carisoprodol (Soma) is a powerful sedative more like a Barbiturate than anything else. It's metabolized into a drug called Meprobamate (Miltown) a drug that a large chunk of the country was hooked on for a couple of decades. It can kill through overdose as a single agent, can produce a dependence, withrawal from which can be deadly.

Just dabbling in it isn't a big deal. I've just found that a lot of people don't have a true understanding of what Carisoprodol is as it's commonly marketed as a "muscle relaxant". It is indeed a muscle relaxant, but it's also a powerful, non-Barbiturate sedative.