[Solved-It was black bl day in remembrance] Theme Has run amok on win 7 moz ff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil'LinaptkSix

Moderator: H&R, TL
Staff member
Where is the button to change theme on bl please?
Either I high as fuck or it is gone... i would bet on the former.
Any help is appreciated as I cannot (or very faintly) see the cursor or letters again.

I'm not sure if they have disabled the ability to change the color and want it to remain black until this morning. I also have issues with seeing some things when it's black.
The option to change it is gone at the moment and I am going to assume that since Rememberance Day is over the option will be put back on to change the theme. The option used to be located on the right side of the screen where the share buttons are for different platforms. It's not there at the moment.

@deficiT @TheLoveBandit @Xorkoth

I'm not sure if they have disabled the ability to change the color and want it to remain black until this morning. I also have issues with seeing some things when it's black.
The option to change it is gone at the moment and I am going to assume that since Rememberance Day is over the option will be put back on to change the theme. The option used to be located on the right side of the screen where the share buttons are for different platforms. It's not there at the moment.

@deficiT @TheLoveBandit @Xorkoth

is it back to normal now?

is it back to normal now?
Yes. The choose your theme option is there but for some reason the colors are a bit off and it actually put about an inch indentation on both the left and right of my screen. I'm on a laptop. In other words I think it changed the size. Could be an illusion as I was just getting used to the black. Thanks, Mal. I will change the theme again as I can't seem to get back to the grey and blue one. Keeps going white and black on me.

Stand by and thanks. Forgot to @you but as usual you saved the day.

Ok. On BL classic it is totally normal. No indentations. So I am good to go. Hopefully 6 will be good to go too. Thanks, Mal.

my theme disappeared @mal3volent did you just change something?

I know I'm braindead but I had the black theme but that's not available anymore

I actually kinda prefer whatever theme was added, there is no problem, just curious if one of the dark themes was removed

I might have fucked something up. First time I've been the one to switch it back.
its OK, I think BL Dark Classic was somehow changed, it's dark blue now, but I don't care I prefer this one now lol

about 40 min ago it booted me back to default theme, and I can't find the theme I was using anymore

non issue for me so don't worry

i found it on mobile. funny how i didnt think of it until i woke up this morn. musta had to sleep on it idk.
it was fine being dark for a while but all of a sudden yeaterday i couldnt see to type anything in the text box.
now the icons at top of page (on mobile only) are gone. added a pic.
thanks for all the input.
wmCeh2I.png

i found it on mobile. funny how i didnt think of it until i woke up this morn. musta had to sleep on it idk.
it was fine being dark for a while but all of a sudden yeaterday i couldnt see to type anything in the text box.
now the icons at top of page (on mobile only) are gone. added a pic.
thanks for all the input.
wmCeh2I.png

You probably need to reset your cache/cookies. WARNING: this will also delete certain saved data/settings from websites that isn't saved in your google account, if you delete it all. Try to delete only cache/cookies for BL.

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
  2. At the top right, tap More .
  3. Tap History. Clear browsing data.
  4. At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
  5. Next to "Cookies and site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
  6. Tap Clear data.

I'm actually loving 11. Been using it for a couple weeks. Needed to install TranslucentTB (which I already used), DisplayFusion (which I also already used), and ElevenClock. Now the UI is way better than my Windows 10 setup.
I'm loving it as well, once I fixed the hiccups with my MS account

I need to check out these addons! didn't know they had those out yet

I need to check out these addons! didn't know they had those out yet
Pretty much anything that worked on Windows 10 has been updated to work/automatically worked with 11. Windows Power Toys seems to be another great one, I believe that one is an official Microsoft program too.

The choose your theme option is there but for some reason the colors are a bit off and it actually put about an inch indentation on both the left and right of my screen. I'm on a laptop. In other words I think it changed the size.

No problem. I'm not sure about the indentation thing, maybe @TheLoveBandit will know.

Aye, @mal3volent set us back to all optoins. I should have done it before I went to bed last night. Keep in mind, we try to do it 12am Aussie-time until 12am 'Murica time so it runs about 36h total.

The indent...There is one more option turned on than there used to be, I'll have to figure out which it was and turn that off. If you know which is giving you the indent that can help, but I'll figure it out eventually. Two causes, one is that in each style you can set a max width for the screen, which will force margins when your screen is larger than that max setting (we can adjust the setting for max width, which is why the others are ok, but we may have missed one). OR, there's something off, some artifact in the html which is throwing things off, this is unlikely.

Another reminder for us admin to ensure we have a style tested and bulletproof before making it public :\ Ftr, we have at least another half dozen that aren't made public solely because they haven't fully been tested out...then there is the one I just royally messed up :D

Actually, I just ran thru all the public styles, none have a margin indent issue. There IS what looks like a margin on the right side, but that's just the space under some widgets, so that can't be controlled unless we remove the widgets (latest posts, forum statistics, etc. on the forum listing page).

Status
Not open for further replies.