• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[Solved] How does one clean leaked delta 8 thc from vape-pen battery?

Lil'LinaptkSix

Moderator: H&R, TL
Staff member
This stuff is like glue... alcohol is not effective. Don't wanna use soaps (wont work anyway) or other potentially damaging options.
Any tricks or treats on this? The cleaning of unwanted leaked delta 8 thc from places that ya dont want it... particularly small pockets/spaces?
Thanks

edit i did a preliminary search via the web but didn't get any relevant answers other than how to clean a cartridge and shit... maybe i didnt use the right parameter(s) 🤷‍♀️

bummer man, yeah that stuff is super annoying

maybe heat up an exacto knife or something and scrape it up?

how much are we talking about?

Just a little bit but when I screw something on the battery and it cools its like glue and I feel I'm gonna snap something trying to unscrew the damn thing. This whole vape experience may be too much of liability as I already spend way too much time packing bowls of weed everyday. lol
TBPH, I was just trying to use up a lemon diesel cartridge to not waste it before I store the pen. Just wanna get it cleaned up befor shelving.
Eating d8 seems to fit my vibe better I think.
Thanks for the suggestions.
If I knew what would remove it cleanly without potentially causing damage I have q-tips (not to be confused with qtpi). I'll keep working on it.

maybe heat it somehow, so it liquifies, and leave it like that overnight upside down and it might drip out? just don't overheat it obviously

Ahhhh, d8 doesn't "drip" iirc and from my very limited experience with the ultimate adhesive. 😁 Wish it was that simple. And it will definitely leave behind some buildup that will grow over time. Hey, F it, man. Do not see myself using it for anything other than an emergency source of ignition so.... :LOL:
Now the pod vaporizer... cannot fuckin wait to get my hands on some crack to test a theory.

I try the q-tip/alcohol but it is not sufficient to break it down. The alcohol is 50%... maybe that's it.
The freezer did the trick it just kinda flaked off with a wooden toothpick. I did clean up the residual specles with grapeseed oil followed but the bunk alcohol.
Thanks for the info a combination of all did the trick nicely... back to brand new and back on the shelf. lol

Moral of the story... dont use cheap ass alcohol for external or internal applications. ;)

Solved