• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Solubilizing #4 heroin for use

red22

Bluelighter
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but only a chem person could really answer this.

I had this idea that using warm water acidified with a little glacial acetic acid would be better for the preparation of heroin for use. Or is that overkill?

sounds like overkill... if its good dope should mix up just fine with good ol h2o... im pretty sure #3 is the only dope that needs something acidic to mix it up and pretty sure mostly find that in europe

I know all about #3, but you know, not everything is black and white in the chem world. Using a degree of the #3-style preparation might be beneficial.

...or unecessary.
#4 is soluble as fuck ime
Why add stuff to your shot ?

if #4 is heroin hydrochloride then there should be no need to use anything but cold neutral water.

use phosphate buffered saline if you wanna be fancy.

dissolving in aqueous acetic acid will immediately start hydrolysing the heroin to morphine.

I've been using vinegar for IM injections. That doesn't convert it to morphine instantly does it?

I don't know why you'd use vinegar for an IM injection, (acidic IM injections are a model for pain) so are you a masochist perhaps?

Heroin stays stable in acidic solution for a short while but I bet you if you "cook" a shot in vinegar you break the ester bonds.