View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Solubility of bufotenine

Jackplays

Bluelighter
I'm looking to extract, or at the very least, decrease the volume of powder needing to be insufflated (of yopo) for an effect. I know bufotenine is mostly insoluble in water, but is soluble in acidic or basic water, but how would I decrease or increase the pH of water without including a substance that would react with bufotenine? For example, if I acidify my water with citric acid, as soon as I add my yopo (containing bufotenine freebase), it should nearly instantly react and form bufotenine citrate, which isn't what I want. Would something like sodium bicarbonate work? (sodium bicarbonate is also in my yopo mixture already). I could use acetone, which I know bufotenine is soluble in, but it includes a substance that is left behind on evaporation, along with the fact I'd need to dehydrate the acetone first.

you'll want to acidify then extract the mixture with a solvent that does not mix with water, such as ether. put the ether off to the side. Then bring it back to a pH of about 8 with whatever base you have. If you want to clean it even more. bring the pH to 14, extract with ether once more, put the ether off to the side. bring the pH back to 8. Then extract with ether again...this time your freebase buff will be in the ether. take the ether and evaporate it.

never actually done this but this should theoretically work

You should check out 69 rons tek on the nexus. You will be grinding your yopo or hopefully cebil and then will be basing with calcium hydroxide or pickling lime and water. Then you let the mix dry. Next like MGS said you will be adding your mixture to acetone but it must be dry acetone which you can look up how to do with epsom salts. Then you will salt the mixture with citric acid which should cause bufo citrate to precipitate out. This is filtered and then re based. Really take a look at all of the teks on the DMT nexus. Another tek is called the bufojam tek using IPA but this may have harmalas in the end product

Wow I did not know yopo had so many dmt alkaloids? How would describe the experience.
I'm reading on erowid a guy takes roasted yopo addds lye or lime (can't remember) kneeds it into a ball then basically it's snuff.
Do you have to sniff this shit? Also how different is the effect from say 5 meo dmt? I hear 5 meo dimitree is very fucking rough physically.
Are there any advantages of yopo over just getting some 5 meo dmt?
Ty, ty
Nugz

Yopo is just bufotenine. There may be traces of dmt and 5meo....but just traces. My body and mind know 5meodmt like the back of my hand and my lovers genitals....and Ive never felt its presence in yopo or cebil.

Wow I did not know yopo had so many dmt alkaloids? How would describe the experience.
I'm reading on erowid a guy takes roasted yopo addds lye or lime (can't remember) kneeds it into a ball then basically it's snuff.
Do you have to sniff this shit? Also how different is the effect from say 5 meo dmt? I hear 5 meo dimitree is very fucking rough physically.
Ty, ty
Nugz

Ty, ty
Nugz

Bufotenine is pretty much the only active ingredient. I just made a trip report if you want to check it out (made like 3 days ago)

Also, I would use acetone but the only ones I can find have other nasty stuff in it that don't evaporate out.

Doesnt the toasting process remove the nasties? It is said to, but I never tried any that were not toasted to really know.

Why don't you want bufotenine citrate? It's just one of the many salt forms of bufotenine. It's not a real reaction - it doesn't 'change' the drug.

If bufotenine freebase is mostly insoluble in water, it will also be mostly "insoluble in your nose". Why put a base in your nose when you can prepare a form that is snortable and effective as-is?

Perhaps a bit more modest in molecular weight would be just HCl to make the hydrochloride salt, but it seems exaggerated or inappropriate to worry about such differences.

Unfortunately if you already have sodium bicarbonate (which is not strong enough a base that you'd want to make serious pH changes etc with it but okay) in the mixture, you would get tablesalt as impurity when using HCl.

Usually fumaric acid is used though, and you'd get some sodium fumarate in there.

Last edited: