• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Social workers/SSI

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
Anyone know how to go about getting a social worker? I need to build up a case to get control back over my SSI and I'm thinking that' s the only way to do it?

Well mods can certainly move it there if they think it fits better.

Basically my dad gained control of my SSI benefits because I was having a problem with alcohol. Since then he's used my money to manipulate me such as raising my rent when we're not getting along. It's a bit of a long story but it's become apparent that my dad thinks he should be in control of my funds as long as he's alive or that I'm living here. Every time I need to buy something I have to go through my parents. I'm currently sober despite a bit of a relapse. I had been sober for about 6 months before that. But after my 2 month relapse everyone's acting like I should be starting back at square one. Anyways, long story short, I'm tired of being 38 and having my dad in control of my money and I need to figure out what I should be doing to gain it back. I'm pretty sure he's lied to them about my ability to take care of myself and things like that. I just want out.

You're not the only one being pokered. It's what's happening around us and we ignore it for unknown reasons -- when someone's at the top you cut his leg off. I don't know you or your family history but since he's doing this -- he doesn't and never had a future and so he wants to dig others grave. Currently, you're with one foot in a hole and one on a banana peel and these waters are murky. You have to look in your medical history, talk to the hospital and take it to the court. I don't know how he pulled this off since you can come up and say ''Look at me, I am sane, I can wash dishes''. That's how you gain it back, talk to your lawyer. This is beyond Blue Light powers.

hey nutty
where about's do you live?
The main thing really is are you willing to pay money, or you willing to get one appointed to you via the state?
The ones that cost money usually come from private pratices and generally will almost agree to anything you say (unless it's wanting to hurt yourself and others).
The ones from the State 'can' be a little on the offensive side, not all of them, but you do sometimes get the ones that really do not care about your well being, and with my experience with social workers they were wanting to stick me in groups, therapies and even commit me.(which was not cool)
Sometimes tho you can find the good ones.
so yea department of human services = private care

hey nutty
where about's do you live?
The main thing really is are you willing to pay money, or you willing to get one appointed to you via the state?
The ones that cost money usually come from private pratices and generally will almost agree to anything you say (unless it's wanting to hurt yourself and others).
The ones from the State 'can' be a little on the offensive side, not all of them, but you do sometimes get the ones that really do not care about your well being, and with my experience with social workers they were wanting to stick me in groups, therapies and even commit me.(which was not cool)
Sometimes tho you can find the good ones.
so yea department of human services = private care

I live in Oregon. I don't have the money to pay a lawyer. I get $780 I think and my dad takes $600 so I only have $180 extra a month. Oh, and I lost my doctor who I've been seeing for a while now, so that's great timing.

I live in Oregon. I don't have the money to pay a lawyer. I get $780 I think and my dad takes $600 so I only have $180 extra a month. Oh, and I lost my doctor who I've been seeing for a while now, so that's great timing.
i lived in Oregon for a brief period, on the outskirts of Portland, and even tho I was getting high and drunk every minute I was there I did notice there were a lot of people in 'recovery', and to be honest they all didn't look like the rich type either. I'm not saying to go look to treatment, just saying that maybe the State has resources out there that the public can utilize. (like behavioral health services etc.)

Maybe you could start looking into how to go about's getting a social worker through the department of human resources. I think every state in the us has a number you could call, and an addy.

Have you ever signed something to allow your father to do this, legally? I would definitely reach out to a social worker, things like these should be clearly defined and signed by both parties to prevent these exact scenarios, even if he is providing your housing, it protects the both of you. I'm sure there is a better way than this, but a friend of mine is a social worker at a hospital, so that may be one avenue to find one and at least get more information.

He might not be in the best state of mind when he posted this but I think he would've said otherwise there's really little to known. There's many cases out there similar to this and they all ended up with life because for identity fraud you get 15 yrs add that to other lil mistakes here and there and we're looking to 25, maybe 30.

This shit is fucked up, I feel bad for him for having such bed bugs in his family but slowly we're getting rid of'em all.

Have you ever signed something to allow your father to do this, legally? I would definitely reach out to a social worker, things like these should be clearly defined and signed by both parties to prevent these exact scenarios, even if he is providing your housing, it protects the both of you. I'm sure there is a better way than this, but a friend of mine is a social worker at a hospital, so that may be one avenue to find one and at least get more information.

No, I never signed anything. This all happened behind my back because I was in and out of the hospital a lot when I was drinking heavily, mostly because I'd go into withdrawals. My mom says that a doctor at the hospital was the one that started the whole thing. I understand why it was done, but I shouldn't have to live like this forever.

He might not be in the best state of mind when he posted this but I think he would've said otherwise there's really little to known. There's many cases out there similar to this and they all ended up with life because for identity fraud you get 15 yrs add that to other lil mistakes here and there and we're looking to 25, maybe 30.

This shit is fucked up, I feel bad for him for having such bed bugs in his family but slowly we're getting rid of'em all.

Huh? My state of mind is fine currently. Who gets life? No clue what you're talking about.