• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe So you can IV suboxone no problem?

siq

Bluelighter
So I've been reading alot in the Bupe Megathread and I saw on there that shooting subs has 100% bioavailability compared to like 30% sublingul?

So my question is who has shot up suboxone (not subutex) and been successful? I thought the Naloxone was there to block shooting it up? Is there anything special you have to do to prepare? Just dissolve it in the water and shoot it?

If you shoot Naloxone from what i am told it can send you into withdrawal......ive not heard of too many people shooting suboxone with Naloxone in it....i could be wrong though....whatever u do dont get yourself in a bad scenario

Yes I have first hand experience you can successfully shoot suboxone. The nalaxone has no effect, because bupe has a higher bindjng affinity. Just shoot it like you would anything else, itd be good to get wheel filters though. Yeah iv is 100%, because bioavailabilty is comparing how effective other methods of administration to iv.

Fda only worried about money....im not sure the dosage siq but remmeber bupe can be a bitch when it comes to blocking those mu receptors

So 2mg would be all it takes?
Well you didnt tell us your normal dose so idk what itd be for you. But its 2-3x stronger than sublingual. So if you take 6mg sublingual than 2mg would be the equivalent iv.

Well you didnt tell us your normal dose so idk what itd be for you. But its 2-3x stronger than sublingual. So if you take 6mg sublingual than 2mg would be the equivalent iv.
I was on 2mg for the last year...But recently I went on a binge with H for 3 weeks, so I'm in the process of figuring out my dose. But from what I've read and what I've experienced, over 4mg is pointless.

Like the others said, it depends on your tolerance. Yes, you can IV suboxone tabs and films but I can tell you firsthand it's not something you want to do long term, it's terrible on your veins.

Like the others said, it depends on your tolerance. Yes, you can IV suboxone tabs and films but I can tell you firsthand it's not something you want to do long term, it's terrible on your veins.
I'd never do it long term, thats just stupid in my opinion.

It actually can be used with minimal vein damage if you order some wheel filters.

Personally the ceiling for me is around 8mgs, not 4mgs. Theres alot of different opinions on the matter though. Id start small, 2mg seems good, remember it still takes 20-45mins to kick in iv'd.

I IV regularly. I agree with those in the megathreads (or any other sub related threads) that less is more with suboxone. I really feel no difference between 2, 3, 4, g... Et mg

Wtf my phone wont let me edit that last post... I meant 'etc mgs'. each day I take in about 2-4 mg total suboxone. Ill do my sub two or three different times throughout the day. Not because I need to but because I want to.

Id def recommend wheel filters. If you cant get them just be as clean and careful with your regular filtering as you can. But, you can easily order them online. Start your dosing low, and work your way up as needed, as you would when using any substance or ROA for the first time.

Definitely not 'with no problem'. There are some true horror stories from doing this.. But, well - yeah, it is effective; if that's what you mean.

I IV regularly. I agree with those in the megathreads (or any other sub related threads) that less is more with suboxone. I really feel no difference between 2, 3, 4, g... Et mg
I can feel a difference between 2mg and 4mg, the high is slightly better with 4. But any higher and I'm really just wasting it...

I was on 2mg for the last year...But recently I went on a binge with H for 3 weeks, so I'm in the process of figuring out my dose. But from what I've read and what I've experienced, over 4mg is pointless.

if you have recently taken h (within 72 hours) i'd advise against taking bup... in my experience it causes the opposite effect of what you want (i.e. withdrawal). I could be totally wrong here but this is what ive always been told and experienced first hand.

Yes, espccially if you have micron filters. A lot of people do it without scripts so they can save cash/bupe, or with scripts because docs want take insurance and it puts them in a bind financially, or just a needle fetish, people will shoot anything if they have needle fever...There really is no upsides to it except you can use WAY less, like 1-2mg a day, or less getting into the microgram dosages. It does not provide a rush at all though, so forget that, nor a high really if you are opiate tolerant, but a lil glow, but I mean you can get that from sublinual/nasal/rectal also if you keep the doses right(like not 24mg a day, more like 4mg and under, but if you are shooting, you do not need 4mg at all, 2mg a most...shortents the half life so you will find you might need another dose 12 hours later...whatever happened to captain heroin on here?? He did it for years with micron filters and would use doses like 250mcg or something like that three times a day...

Yes, espccially if you have micron filters. A lot of people do it without scripts so they can save cash/bupe, or with scripts because docs want take insurance and it puts them in a bind financially, or just a needle fetish, people will shoot anything if they have needle fever...There really is no upsides to it except you can use WAY less, like 1-2mg a day, or less getting into the microgram dosages. It does not provide a rush at all though, so forget that, nor a high really if you are opiate tolerant, but a lil glow, but I mean you can get that from sublinual/nasal/rectal also if you keep the doses right(like not 24mg a day, more like 4mg and under, but if you are shooting, you do not need 4mg at all, 2mg a most...shortents the half life so you will find you might need another dose 12 hours later...whatever happened to captain heroin on here?? He did it for years with micron filters and would use doses like 250mcg or something like that three times a day...
thanks SS, i am saving this to read on my podcast. please holler if this bothers you :) -CfZ

I have never IVd suboxone personally, but I know a couple people that do. They have been successful and enjoy it. If memory serves me right, one of them had an issue with their veins and cellulitis. But...I believe the cellulitis was inevitable for him and had absolutely nothing to do with the suboxone itself...hygiene, varicose veins and no doubt some liver cirrhosis; as he's an alcoholic. They keep their doses low, no more than 1 or 2 mgs at a time and dose once in the morning and once in the evening. They also use micron filters like some mentioned above. Which I think is best. I agree with CfZrx in that it shortens the half life. I've never experienced a high, so to speak with subs; but definitely a glow, uplift in mood and physical activity, etc. I've only used suboxone sublingually. Good luck with your endeavor and as always, be safe ;)

There is definitely a buzz that's involved with taking subs, for the first 2 hrs or so after taking it. Its just a slight opiate high... However, If you're coming off heroin that buzz wont happen the first few days.