• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids So which lasts longer? Percocet or Hydrocodone?

hi. what is that adjuvant in the time release in the oxycodone. is the time release just gel. the ones i took said do not crush. Eww, that couldn't be healthy. you know. But otherwise oxycodone and hydrocodone. The same.

@ I really do believe percocet and hydrocodone are the same thing, just different brand names. But hydrocodone really does seem healthier. . .
Eventhough they might be about the same atm currently. CE ( current era) ? cough cough smoking atm

i like hydrocodone but am not sure about percocet but they are supposed to be the same thing, maybe one has a outside buffer ?

i don't kniw.

hi. what is that adjuvant in the time release in the oxycodone. is the time release just gel. the ones i took said do not crush. Eww, that couldn't be healthy. you know. But otherwise oxycodone and hydrocodone. The same.

@ I really do believe percocet and hydrocodone are the same thing, just different brand names. But hydrocodone really does seem healthier. . .
Eventhough they might be about the same atm currently. CE ( current era) ? cough cough smoking atm

i like hydrocodone but am not sure about percocet but they are supposed to be the same thing, maybe one has a outside buffer ?

i don't kniw.

LOL, they are NOT. Percocet contains Oxycodone...Hydrocodone contains...Hydrocodone. Two completely different opioids (well, with a different - oxygen/hydrogen - atom).
You may as well say Buprenorphine and Fentanyl are the same thing.

Nooo !

Percocet is much stronger you are stating ? So is it time released then ? ♡

LOL, they are NOT. Percocet contains Oxycodone...Hydrocodone contains...Hydrocodone. Two completely different opioids (well, with a different - oxygen/hydrogen - atom).
You may as well say Buprenorphine and Fentanyl are the same thing.

Vicodin/Norco/Lortab - all the same thing (Hydrocodone and Acetaminophen)
Percocet/Percodan/OxyNorm -all contain Oxycodone

Nooo !

Percocet is much stronger you are stating ? So is it time released then ? ♡

lol. Percocet contains the active ingredient OXYcodone. Oxycodone is 1.5 times stronger than HYDROcodone. Neither medication is time-release.

no thank you on the Percocets.

hydrocodone and oxycodone are always a plus and benefit for my P/R. They are just fine. A correct dose for me. Not too bad.

lol. Percocet contains the active ingredient OXYcodone. Oxycodone is 1.5 times stronger than HYDROcodone. Neither medication is time-release.
why did my oxycodone bottle say do not crush, what is that about. though ?

edit: dnc the pills ?

why did my oxycodone bottle say do not crush, what is that about. though ?

Usually you well get something like "Percocet should not be crushed, broken or chewed" this is because when it's broken down into a powder there is a much greater surface area and so it is broken down much more rapidly and hit's you faster, like a bolt of lightening. Which is only a problem if you happen to be afraid of lightening. I, for, one, am not ;)
I always chew my pills, just for that reason: a stronger, faster hit :D

Usually you well get something like "Percocet should not be crushed, broken or chewed" this is because when it's broken down into a powder there is a much greater surface area and so it is broken down much more rapidly and hit's you faster, like a bolt of lightening. Which is only a problem if you happen to be afraid of lightening. I, for, one, am not ;)
I always chew my pills, just for that reason: a stronger, faster hit :D
nope still like hydrocodone
?
thats scary, what are they puting on it to make it crunchy chewable, i wonder.but.
so really i think that the synthetic, maybe thats not he correct medical term, but the oipate isnt as pure or more as natural like opium like the Opioid itself. Is what i am saying is the hydrocodone is a gift from somewhere. thanx.

Taking pills orally seems to last the longest outside of maybe plugging, but bioavailability and best ROA varies from substance to substance. At this point in my life, I'm more about long-lasting relief rather than an immediate rush. Don't get me wrong, I love the rush. I just can't afford to take hefty doses as often as I use to. I had to ration down my MS Contin and maintain a lot of will-power just to get use to taking such a low dose. Now I can't find morphine at all. The only thing people seem to have lately where I'm from are Percocet and hydros (as far as opiates go, at least). Up until 2019, I use to get Oxycontin on a monthly basis til they got cut off and there was a point when MS Contin was always available. Now I'm lucky if I can find percs.

i don't like that synthetic stuff i will call it.
but hydrocodone will help alot. take as prescribed please don't eat it all at once. why take that much. hydrocodone is enough then. it will help alot anyway.

nope still like hydrocodone
?
thats scary, what are they puting on it to make it crunchy chewable, i wonder.but.
so really i think that the synthetic, maybe thats not he correct medical term, but the oipate isnt as pure or more as natural like opium like the Opioid itself. Is what i am saying is the hydrocodone is a gift from somewhere. thanx.

Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are both semi-synthetic. The term "opiate" refers to those which naturally occur in the poppy plant and are not changed by man. The only opiates are Opium, Codeine and Morphine. "Opioid" refers to those that are either semi-synethetic (meaning they start out as one of the opiates and are then chemically altered) such as Dihydrocodeine, Hydrocodone, Diamorphine, Oxycodone, Hydromorphone and Oxymorphone; or entirely synthetic (completely man-made) like Tramadol, Methadone and Fentanyl (y)