• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

So What's the BL HR Consensus on Loperamide?

Phil.McKeer

Bluelighter
As far as cons go, it proved recently to be cardiotoxic at large doses. "Megadosing" was cited numerous times as a strategy to get past the BBB, and this had complications with some part of the heart beat cycle that lead to people dying.

Also, as someone who has never taken loperamide but also knows the power of placebo, I seem to remain skeptical in general about the whole idea of Immodium being a sack of dope or a pharm-grade opioid. I've also seen firsthand people take bunk drugs and "trip".

However, MANY report that they get effects that could be used therapeutically, say for someone who was in withdrawal and could use it to taper down (it has a short half-life iirc, which makes it not the most suitable for that purpose, but let's say one can't get buprenorphine/methadone and really can't do CT, there is major HR potential there). Or, if it really does have potential for occasional recreational use by opiate-naive users (or whomever), that's cool too - why risk arrest/jall etc when you can just get your dope/pills from the local neighborhood grocer, right?

So I guess it comes down to dose, and how long to take it/etc. I think most loperamide pills are either 1mg or 2mg max. What is the maximum safe dose range from "naive" to "detoxing-off-IV-H" users? If tapering, how long and what mg is best to jump at? What is the most commonly reported therapeutic/recreational/heavy/over reported dose mg amounts? What has been your experience? Eating handfuls of pills feels so weird. Anyone CWE'd lope?

This has been discussed thoroughly but it's always either peicemeal or rife with speculation. Share your experience, and lets get some consensus in a single thread.

Last edited: