• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

So what exactly does speed do to your brain?

Radiance

Bluelighter
Well, having been on bluelight for over a year, i consider myself to be fairly educated about ecstacy and it's effects on the brain.
i have decided to give e a break for a while, due to chronic nightmares and my memory has gone to shit, so i've been doing speed a little more often these days.
what i was wondering was, what exactly does speed do to your brain? i can't really find any info for speed that compares at all to dancesafe's slideshow for ecstacy. people have always told me speed is worse for your brain than e, but what does it do?? it would also be good to know, because i used to do speed a hell of a lot before i discovered ecstacy and am interested to know just how much i have fucked up my brain.
thanx people.
Radiance

I think that speed works on the dopamine system rather than the serotonin system.
Other than that I'm not entirely sure, but there are plenty of hardcore whizzheads in here who'll be along to answer yer questions shortly.

there is a little hamster in our brain, speed converts itself into vintage cheddar chesse inside the brain, due to a chemical reaction. it remains about 3 inches in front of the hamster (who will be refered to for now on as hammy)hammy seeing this cheese begins a frantic pace to try and catch this chunk of cheese. i thought everybody knew this.
you dont want to know what acid converts into in the brain

at higher doses of meth, seritonin can be effected. You're welcome in advance for my huge helping hand.
smile.gif

I know it increases your dopamine and with and obviously makes your more motivated and full of rushes of energy. The only thing is after you use it habitually too much the brain doesnt find normal things exciting because theyre use to the rush. At thats what I read I wouldnt know from personal experience I just tried meth recently and I gotta admit it is a very fun drug.

mmmmmmm meth
smile.gif

so do u think that speed would effect the nightmares/sleep paralysis i have been having from e? (i think they are caused by e), as in make them worse or make them resurface after they have finally stopped?
thanx for the responses and links guys
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Radiance (edited 28 March 2001).]

well to my understanding sleep paralysis/sleep disruptions etc is caused by sleep deprivation. so yes taking speed will most likely cause disruptions within your sleep.
Heart problems are a major problem with amphetamines and IBS (Irriatble, bowel syndrome)
Premature ageing.
malnutrition.
..But yea its really fun..
wink.gif

oh sorry i got the Q completely wrong.
Good example right there of what speed does to the brain...
wink.gif

Yea it affects dopamine.

i have sleep paralysis sometimes too (altho its not scary anymore its kinda fun hahah) but its not from a drug itself...it may be from rolling and not sleeping etc. when you are stressed, and when you havewnt slept enough for a while your sleep patterns get all fucked up. when you normally sleep, it takes a little while for the body to go into REM stage. but if you havent slept in a while, it can go immediately into REM, which is why you feel like you are fully conscious, but you know that nothings happening. so if you want to avoid sleep paralysis, then avoid drugs that keep you up for a while if you cant get some quality sleep to make uyp for them.
------------------
"Fuck World War Two, I am an Elephant!"
-Albert Hofmann, 1943.

Wouldnt it be nice if they had a chart of mental damage and memory loss ect ect with your age, body wieght, and current mental status and someone could calculate exactly how much meth you should do on occasion to prevent being addicted and fucking yourself up. Wheres all those intelligent tweekers out there someone should come up with that.

amphetamines cause increased amounts of dopamine and norepinephrine to be released from synaptic knobs and also slow down their reuptake from receptor sites.
peace, outkast