• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

SO tea discussion

I love chai tea but I've never had a chai latte.

I can't find my normal assam for some reason these
days. It's just not in my local shops anymore atm. Bought some ceylon. Haven't had a cup yet. I'm quite looking forward to it.

A glass of kratom tea:
WA0rWe8.png

Last edited:
No one asked but here ya go anyway. This came up in conversation today. The difference in varying British breakfast teas.

Enjoy and drink responsibly

Very informative. You know, apparently there is an American Breakfast tea that I tried on retreat this winter. Supposed to have twice the caffeine of English Breakfast. So Scotts and Americans* do have a lot in common then ;)

*Though ATM I feel fairly ashamed to call myself an American, but I won't get into that here...

Finally got mits on this?

Hooked already. Tastes amazing and zero 'caffeine jerks'. Smells wonderfully "grassy" too and kind of gives me the munchies lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yum! When I saw the most recent post in this thread I was like, is that kratom? Nope, matcha :) My stomach instantly stopped barking at me once I realized it was in fact just a delicious variety of green tea ;)

I'm going to make a cup of jasmine oolong with lunch. Pictures forthcoming. It only I had the right little Chinese saucer cup things to drink it with :(

Yum! When I saw the most recent post in this thread I was like, is that kratom? Nope, matcha :) My stomach instantly stopped barking at me once I realized it was in fact just a delicious variety of green tea ;)

I'm going to make a cup of jasmine oolong with lunch. Pictures forthcoming. It only I had the right little Chinese saucer cup things to drink it with :(

haha yes I still look at it sometimes and get reminded of that nasty kratom taste and almost wretch...Then I remember oh thank god it's matcha! This brand is nice because 10% goes to charity and it's from a single family in Japan who have been making it organically for the past 30 years. £7.00 for 30g works out at about 30p a cup (though I am putting it a tiny bit extra it seems) which does seem pricey, but for 30p of the best hot berage I have ever tasted and 10% of that going to charity and knowibg it is 100% organic I can live with that price!

Might try some cheaper matcha to use for baking though: Matcha cake with raspberry is particularly good. Or I am now think Matcha cheese cake!

Jasmine Oolong is found in Laos too (especially up in the north where the karst mountains wind into Yumming province) and I also found that after one too many beers I would arrive home and drink two cupsof Oolong with jasmine it's gotta be with jasmine) and it would sober me up, settle me stomach and also not affect my sleep either.

In fact I get the muchies after drinking all green teas: Do you know if there is a pharmacological reason for this?

Maybe cause you're happy? ;) Iono what the technical reason would be, though it is interesting! I am going to have to pay attention to that next time I have a cup.

All this matcha talk has made me start salivating for tea. Today will be a green tea day I dare say!

I must try this tea you speak of out of curiosity only. I'm not one for green tea but I'll give anything a bash!

It's really earthy, but I think you'd like it. You've really never had a good hojicha (roasted green tea) before Sadie?

Some hojichas are a mix of roasted green tea and barley or rice, which I don't like very much myself, but I have a funny feeling it might align with the Scottish palette (I don't know why, but it always makes me think of haggis - they are very oatie, filling and rich tasting to my palate). Maybe Sham would like it? My favorite hojicha of all time is:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to keep a look out for it. I'll be able to get it online or perhaps a health shop.

Green tea is supposed to be good for your brain too, but then again, that is kinda how I feel about tea at large :)

does explain why i don't like english breakfast - ceylon tea is just insipid. but i like irish breakfast, and will thus seek out assam.

I must try this tea you speak of out of curiosity only. I'm not one for green tea but I'll give anything a bash!

Trust me, you will be after Matcha. It smells and tastes completely different to any other green tea you'll try, you can really feel the relaxing properties but the caffeine is balanced with it and so you wont get any of the negatives coffee but much more of the positives.. I am coming off of benzos and it gives me zero anxiety :)

Bonus you can cook with it with too: Make shakes out of it etc.