• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

So... my mom just found out about my drug use...

what did she find out about? what drugs? and how did she find out?

eeekkkk. I always wondered what would happen if my mom got hip to what I did :( I think she'd be crushed, not mad. Best of luck Caff :)

Oh, and in my parents case anyway, after the basic shock they sort of get used to it. My parents found out the HARD way also, I ate 32 klonopin and went to school, passed out on the floor and ended up leaving in an ambulance, which is never good. How old are you? It really might not be as bad as it seems, and shit, at least its not a secret anymore...

Did she also find out you moderate two of the Internet's largest drug information sites? :)
I hope it settles down and she can begin to see things from your side of the fence. It's a tall fence, y'know.
BTW, Suicide bad.

Suicide is never an option. Take it from someone who's given serious thought about it.
Like I told another BLer the other day...
Things will get better. They will.
Without lows, we can never enjoy the highs ;)
Taz

It's also a good idea to play down your drug use, if possible. Like, if they only caught you with a roll or a bag of weed or something, tell them it's only your second time trying it. If you got caught with a jar of pills, things are a little more difficult.
Anyhoo, LIE TO THEM, DO NOT BE HONEST, Play it down, it really is the best idea. Parents don't like drugs, at least not the kind we have.

Originally posted by alert:
Anyhoo, LIE TO THEM, DO NOT BE HONEST, Play it down, it really is the best idea. Parents don't like drugs, at least not the kind we have.
second.

^
I totally agree.
When I got busted with some weed, I made the mistake of telling them that I had been doin' it for a couple years.
*shakes head*
"Somebody said that you were so stupid,
but I didn't believe them,
but now I believe them"
- Strong Bad

i'm in the same situation...i know exactly how you feel too, when i was confronted i just wanted to roll into a ball and die on the spot. unfortunetely i didn't....so i played my drug use down as much as possible but when they don't believe anything you say anymore, it's hard to convince them. i still haven't decided what to do yet and am basically avoiding the situation as much as possible. better to deal with it later than now and ruin my last two weeks of total freedom right?

Ive been there myself, thing is though tell her about bluelight etc and the work you do, I dont think you are irresponsible with your drug use so let her know this, everyone has the right to experiment with stuff and in the end if it isnt ruining your life and you are happy then there is no reason not to.
I think telling her that you are educated and that you know what you are doing to the best you can then its not so bad, it probably will seem very bad to her at first but only because she cares for you so much and probably doesnt know much about drugs.
It will pass and hopefully her knowing about this will mean you have less to worry about, if you do have drugs problems (which I dont think you have) then it is probably a good thing.
Overall it will all be ok and even though for myself suicide feels like the only option on many occasions im still here...
:)

I agree, lie and downplay it as much as you possibly can. Unless you're unhappy as a drug user, and you welcome this opportunity as a cry for help.
g :) :) d luck.

caff: unfortunately, not everybody's parents can be cool as mine and witchdr's and do drugs with us. dont let things get to you. hopefully she wont send you off to rehab or kick you out, but if it comes down to that, i'll find a spot for you to sleep over here.

Dustin: I love you, and u always know that i am here for you. PLease don't do anything like u mentioned. come talk to me I am like 15 mins away plus u sleep better next to me anyways. AGAIN I love you. Ur parent's will get over it.... eventually.
[ 06 December 2002: Message edited by: princessnakedasaJbird ]

i'm sorry to hear about this dustin. i know first hand how your parents are, so i feel ya sweetie. best of luck!