• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

so... microplastics

What 23

Ex-Bluelighter
I have been hearing/reading about microplastics, for awhile now. Apparently they are even in the air we breath. So, if they are in the air we breath, would it not make sense that we're, at least occasionally if we smoke, inhaling combusted products of these plastics?

This is one of my chief concerns with smoking, as of late. If I had legal access I doubt I would be smoking any at all. I am tempted to make edibles, but I can't seem to stay consistent.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this? Am I overly concerned to think that I'm smoking plastic every time I fire up, or at least, that there is that possibility? Is it worth it? I figure I can't avoid inhaling or consuming plastic, in some small amount, but I can control not directly combusting-then inhaling it.

In my line of work - as a courier, I transport pharmaceuticals in plastic totes, which get pushed along the ground, and "ate up" as they do get pushed across concrete. Other people seem not to notice this, but the bottoms of these totes are chewed up, and I seem to see flakes of plastic in my car, in the seat where they sit. It has made me very wary of ever lighting up in the car, and when I do pack a bowl or something, after work, it's like surgery; I'm afraid some "dust" will fall off of me... preferably I've showered, and have changed clothes. I consider leaving the job simply because of all of that. It really quite sucks (all these damning plastics).

it breaks down in your lungs after a while and accumulates in the kidneys, AFAIK. i wouldn't worry about plastic rubbing off containers, you probably wear at least some clothes made of synthetic fibres and those are a major source of microplastic pollution. it's much more likely a piece of polyester from your clothing winds up in your bowl than obvious plastic debris.