• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

So many RCs that mimic speed, weed, psychs, benzos, MDMA, etc.. but not opioids... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NerdOnDrugs

Bluelighter
We've seen many products of rational drug design synthesize the effects of most recreational drugs except for one of the most sought after rec drugs; opioids.

I know there is a tramadol-like RC, and MXE feels somewhat opioid-ish... but there doesn't seem to me an explanation of why there aren't much more designer drugs that mimic analgesics.

So I thought I'd come to ADD and ask some of you more mathematical nihilist type nerds, because I don't know... ? I know there should be a somewhat clear or obvious answer, but I can only theorize not knowing the chemistry.

We've seen many products of rational drug design synthesize the effects of most recreational drugs except for one of the most sought after rec drugs; opioids.

That's what *you* have seen, maybe. You haven't looked very hard. There have been lots of "research chemical" opioids. They are just not promoted anywhere near the level of Benzo Fury.

Food for thought: When you overdose on psychedelics/stimulants, generally you have a hellish trip, maybe some vascular issues, but statistics say by and large you'll live. If you overdose on an opioid, chances are people will find you laying in a pool of vomit, blue in the face. Add in the fact that opioids do have a tendency for physical dependence and pretty soon it's looking like a good idea to stick to MDxx analogues.

Also, the whole reason there are analogue laws in the first place was because of fentanyl analogues in the 80s. Most of the existing classes of opioids are locked down impossibly tight, such that if you tried to do the cathinone "add a methyl group everywhere" dance they would all be internationally illegal anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.