• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

So last night was interesting.

MagickalKat777

Bluelight Crew
Many of you know me and you know I tend to be very scared of weed because of panic attacks.

Well I've lived with my current roommate since February and he's been dying to get me to smoke a bowl with him but he always gets crazy strong sativa and that wasn't even my game before I started with the panic attacks but last night he came home from Riot Fest and I'd been up drinking since Friday and my friend gave me like 2 grams of LA Confidential for fixing her computer for her. She told me it was an Indica and smell and looking at it, it was very much indica expression so I was like fuck it. He got his pipe, we shared a bowl. Three hits and I immediately got that sativa anxiety plus it was trippy as fuck. Like I was having tracers and my mind ... It was like I was tripping without the OEVs (the eyes closed though, that was fun). But the paranoia was there and my heart rate was definitely up but I knew that if I checked my numbers I was too high and i had the indica body high going on that makes everything seem like it's doubled crashing into a sativa high and a very trippy high so I just ate and fought through it.

Well I went to the dispensary last month and bought a pipe and I picked up an eighth of Harlequin and a gram of Northern Lights just because I know Northern Lights was one of my favorite strains back before the anxiety. I tried Harlequin that day thinking being high CBD would mean I wouldn't get anxious. I was wrong. Two hits was just like any other sativa so I shelved the whole idea entirely and never gave the Northern Lights a try.

Well since I already made it through one high last night I decided to go for broke and loaded up a single nug of Northern Lights and fired it up, took a hit, and was like ... Okay... So I finished the bowl. There was a stem in there so I got that all too familiar vibe from back in the high school days when we would get that stem burn. Much to my surprise I wanted more so I took another nug and broke off like two hits worth. Smoked it til it was totally cashed ash. What happened? Couch lock and then sleep.

I think I found my weed. I used to smoke DJ Short Blueberry before bed but nobody around here grows it anymore. It was awesome. One hit and I'd be mildly stoned and I'd go hungry > horny > bed. Every time. Thanks to last night I'm not scared anymore and NL isn't a super potent strain so I can actually smoke a bowl... Okay maybe half a bowl. But yeah I'm going to see if it helps my anxiety. Coming off of an anxious high into a bowl of 21% THC Northern Lights and not getting anxious has proven that it is indeed all about what you smoke and how much. LA Confidential is a 50/50 hybrid and Harlequin is sativa dominant at 75/25 and they both felt the same - speedy and paranoid. Although at least LA Confidential was trippy, I haven't tripped in years. Harlequin was like a tug of war... I think Cannatonic would probably be better for me but nothing beats an Indica. Even 60/40 hybrid like Blue Dream is noticeably different in the high than a 50/50 or a sativa dominant weed.