• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc so. I'm actually experiencing dopamine depletion i think right now. anyone else think these are symptoms of such? *feel better, cheers*

Zonxx

Bluelighter
for the first time ever i didn't stick to my rule of eating high-protein meals during amphetamine use annnnnd..... today i woke up exhausted, took opiates, nodded n slept another 9 hours so in total i slept 21 hours, woke up still beat and decided fuck it, took some amps a lower dose for myself to see if i could get a boost from em' (60mg) my usual starting doses are much higher *no one should take these doses or recreate my use* 120-240mg annnnnd believe it or not.. i went to watch a movie, and fell asleep for another hour till i was woken up by my mother asking if i'm making supper so i took alittle more amps, but i'm still kinda tired basically only have any energy whatsoever from amps right now which is the first time i feel like i'm only being fueled by them instead of them using my dopamine to fuel me, kinda sucks but hopefully after i eat 3 huge chicken legs that i'm cooking i'll be better in a few hours

anyone else agree this is dopamine depletion combined with amp withdrawal?

I believe it requires 4 or more chicken legs to restore dopamine levels to normal levels if i recall correctly

I believe it requires 4 or more chicken legs to restore dopamine levels to normal levels if i recall correctly
haha i'm going for the protein aka building blocks to dopamine, i'm pretty sure you're joking but i've eaten 700-1gram of addy on certain occasions and haven't felt tired to the point where i nodded out without opiates while typing somthing on bl and i always stuck to eating rediculous amounts of meat (i do love chicken and rib steaks though i think i've mastered every way to cook them)

Uggh, man i'm sorry you're feeling so shitty. That's a terrible feeling that I'm very familiar with due to health issues not related to psychiatric. You'll most likely feel not so fucked up after you get the rest your body needs. I will say that too much sleep can make you feel equally as bad. Definitely try to get up and do stuff without going back to sleep the next time you wake up.

Given your usual consumption it'll most likely be your whole system saying "Hey Zonxx man, I've been asking you for a break from the stims for ages but as you're not listening I'm now telling you that I need a break instead of asking"

Your mind/body axis is screaming for rest. Listen to it man.

can you laugh/smile without stimulants? serious question, i couldn't for weeks when i got into rehab for crack, which they said was due to dopamine depletion. i was like a joyless robot.

the sleepiness is as ageingpartyfiend said, you've been pushing it for too long, your body is taking it back. listen to it.

can you laugh/smile without stimulants? serious question, i couldn't for weeks when i got into rehab for crack, which they said was due to dopamine depletion. i was like a joyless robot.

the sleepiness is as ageingpartyfiend said, you've been pushing it for too long, your body is taking it back. listen to it.
Lack of joy is a symptom for sure

for the first time ever i didn't stick to my rule of eating high-protein meals during amphetamine use annnnnd..... today i woke up exhausted, took opiates, nodded n slept another 9 hours so in total i slept 21 hours, woke up still beat and decided fuck it, took some amps a lower dose for myself to see if i could get a boost from em' (60mg) my usual starting doses are much higher *no one should take these doses or recreate my use* 120-240mg annnnnd believe it or not.. i went to watch a movie, and fell asleep for another hour till i was woken up by my mother asking if i'm making supper so i took alittle more amps, but i'm still kinda tired basically only have any energy whatsoever from amps right now which is the first time i feel like i'm only being fueled by them instead of them using my dopamine to fuel me, kinda sucks but hopefully after i eat 3 huge chicken legs that i'm cooking i'll be better in a few hours

anyone else agree this is dopamine depletion combined with amp withdrawal?

I think it depends how long you've been using the amps. That includes other things that modify the amount of dopamine (coke, adderal etc). There are a lot of factors really, such as what I described and: quality of your stuff (strength + manufacturing method chemistry), whether or not your body's immune system is fighting off something, your interval of staying clean and getting plenty of sleep between uses, route of administration, and your body/brains type.

I think i'll get some L-tyrosine tomorrow

I think you might be trying to convince yourself that doing that will fix the issue. I've done the same thing with acetyl-L-carnitine and l-tyrosine. Grasping for straws. However, from what I can recall, the precursor acetyl-L-carnitine is in a more soluble form for the body to convert it into l-tyrosine across the blood-brain barrier. I could be wrong but that's what I remember.

Last edited:

yeah, but i mean, i'm never sober really, i take opiates daily for chronic pain so theres that, but alass i've slept like a hibernating bear and feel much better today go figure

You said you went to watch a film and fell asleep until you was woken up by your mother.
Was you at hers or did she ring u or something?

You said you went to watch a film and fell asleep until you was woken up by your mother.
i've been at my mothers for the last 8 months, she had a full hip replacement, and 2 weeks ago had a Full knee replacement so i'm basically taking care of shit right now
she wants to have another knee replacement but i've sort of had it and both times ive had to giveup my pain meds and/or buy stuff off the street because she'd double or triple her opiate doses after surgery which really fucking pisses me off.

One day at a time.

you got a problem with taking care of parents bro?

Why would I have a problem with that?
My mom is number 1 on the planet.
Why does her taking extra meds mean you take less? If she runs out does She take yours?

Why would I have a problem with that?
My mom is number 1 on the planet.
Why does her taking extra meds mean you take less? If she runs out does She take yours?
she runs out, and is only on 100mg morph/day less than me, but when she takes 900mg/day for 2 weeks and i don't know about it and suddenly she's in extreme wd, yeah i give up meds if i can, but if i don't have any extras which she's lucky i did i have to get shit off the street be it methadone, oxy but she doesn't do dope so thats an issue because the dope source i have is extremely good but she won't touch the stuff and everything else tends to cost more

but yeah, i'll be here for quite some time, i have a checklist to go through every morning to make sure she doesn't have any blood clots, and i have to make sure she doesn't do any stimulants (she tends to get antsy and wants coke when i'm smoking up but it'd raise the chance of blood clots substantially which means i have to make sure her coke dealer doesn't give her anything, funfun) mind you, she can't cook for shit and doesn't snort the stuff so i think i'm good there

How olds your mom?
Can’t imagine my mom wanting coke lol
Sounds like you got your hands full looking after her.