• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

So... Ibuprofen kills a cannabis high while retaining medicinal benefits

"Ever since describing a non Q wave acute myocardial infarction in 1979 after cannabis consumption, atrial fibrillation episodes, ventricular tachycardia (VT), ventricular fibrillation, angina pectoris, and acute myocardial infarction have been reported and are directly related to consumption of this substance."

I'm not trying to say ibuprofen is better than weed or is not harmful. I'm well aware of the risks involved with most NSAID medications. And I'm certainly not advocating them so I'm not sure what justified these responses including studies on it? Like shit I like weed too cool them jets. I'm just saying chronic marijuana use is also harmful and although there are no studies on its direct link to heart conditions the information is available to make an educated assumption to that effect. Look at any other drug that increases ones heart rate significantly and tell me it's not hard on your cardio vascular system. Marijuana is no different in this regard.

Can you put the source of that quote? Is it a study? Doesn't seem like it

Caffeine also increases heart rate and you don't see healthy people dying of a heart attack just from drinking some coffee/tea everyday. Neither chronic cannabis users. A moderate increase in one's heart rate doesn't mean you're permanently damaging the cardiovascular system

Can you put the source of that quote? Is it a study? Doesn't seem like it

Caffeine also increases heart rate and you don't see healthy people dying of a heart attack just from drinking some coffee/tea everyday. Neither chronic cannabis users. A moderate increase in one's heart rate doesn't mean you're permanently damaging the cardiovascular system

Don't remember the site I knicked it off. And caffeine is actually pretty bad when made a habit http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Getti...ar-Disease_UCM_305888_Article.jsp#mainContent

Just because there's not a study doesn't me medical inferences can't be made as to its long term effects. I wouldn't be surprised if the long term effects of chronic cannabis consumption are not all that different from the long term effects of over consumption of caffeine.

Last edited:
Don't remember the site I knicked it off.
For someone who calls bullshit and then spouts out scientific claims, you don't have much gumption.

Just because there's not a study doesn't me medical inferences can't be made as to its long term effects. I wouldn't be surprised if the long term effects of chronic cannabis consumption are not all that different from the long term effects of over consumption of caffeine.
This is just silly.

First off, let's define "over consumption". For me, I drink about one cup of tea a day which is equivalent to half a cup of coffee. So, if I were to drink say two cups or even ONE cup of coffee, I would get "wired" and it would be "over consumption" for me.

However occording to THIS abstract, that amount of coffee everyday could actually be GOOD and BENEFICIAL to my heart.

So by your logic, chronic cannabis use would also be good for my heart.

Off topicish, but paracetemol (acetaminophen) has a metabolite AM404 which is an endocannabinoid reuptake inhibitor. Its the interaction of paracetemol with the cannabinoid system that is thought to cause analgesia.

I've certainly never heard of ibuprofen having interaction with said system.

Don't remember the site I knicked it off. And caffeine is actually pretty bad when made a habit http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Getti...ar-Disease_UCM_305888_Article.jsp#mainContent

Unless I'm missing something that study DOESN'T say caffeine is bad, it says that over consumption of caffeine and it's effect is still being studied.

I've read studies saying that over usage of caffine is GOOD for your heart.

I hope it is cause I drink WAY too much.

But there's no solid evidence I've seen that it is bad for you.

As to the bold...if weed's long term effects are the same as those of long term caffeine use then it is GOOD for you most likely.

You don't read the articles you link very well do you LOL??

Getting back to the topic...

Off topicish, but paracetemol (acetaminophen) has a metabolite AM404 which is an endocannabinoid reuptake inhibitor. Its the interaction of paracetemol with the cannabinoid system that is thought to cause analgesia.

I've certainly never heard of ibuprofen having interaction with said system.

I found this:
"Some NSAIDs have additional influences on the cannabinoid system either by inhibiting fatty acid amide hydrolase (FAAH) or by inhibiting a possible intracellular transporter of endocannabinoids. All the NSAIDs that inhibit COX2 can influence the cannabinoid system because a possible important degradative pathway for anandamide and 2–arachidonoyl glycerol might involve COX 2"- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3056416/

I am more interested in the potential of Ibuprofen to remove memory impairment side-effects. Did anyone have any experience with that or can share some thoughts? Are there any noticeable benefits memory-wise?

Effects on SWIM...
When someone who isn't me(SWIM) smokes a lot(every day for a few months for example), SWIM gets;
forgetful for a time (even when no longer high).
fractured attention easily noticed when conversing with others; (delayed response times etc.)
temporary depression/anxiety buzz for a few days-weeks that exercise will always clear.

maybe someone has already said but the theory is that the increase in COX-2 with weed and subsequent slight inflammation in the CNS could be the culprit for a good chunk of a lot of these 'dopey:? stonerness' effects that are some of the main reasons good honest hard working people despise cannabis (LOL).

I think the guy on the JRE podcast said 400mg IBP, and that he heard of college students taking bong hits with IBP and going to the library to study!

To know for sure we'll have to wait for laws and opinions to change. In research ATM it is unethical to give humans cannabis. (with or without IBP). I picture that the acute-inflammatory effect of cannabis is what happens when you go 'green' and puke everywhere after taking way too much. I'd love to know if IBP can stop this. ( anyone know? )

I think that the memory deficit is more of a result of chronic use(;)lol), it's probably more difficult to accurately test.
You'd need a pool of fresh non-smokers, give weed to them regularly over a time period and also do before and after mental test.
Waaay unethical!

Maybe that idiot was just trolling (if so you got me) but I feel I have to say that Cannabis has never been directly responsible for killing anyone EVER. (well known fact)
Purely from a medical mortality-risk standpoint, compared to ibuprofen, its infinitely less harmful.
You can bleed to death through your stomach in your sleep with IBP especially if you are on some kind of blood thinner like warfarin. Weed makes you just sleep-in. (certainly no tachyC and we all die eventually so no "permanent-tachycardia"!)

This seems unbelievable to many people but the 'danger' that cannabis poses is NOT to physical health but to ones capacity to function in a society. Gov policy makers and the majority of voters are irritated by people who smoke and afraid their kids will be like those long haired smokers and be unsuccessful.
I think it's important to realise that weed prohibition is justified by the "morals" of middle-aged-white america and not about weed posing any mortal danger to the human body.