• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

So I stumbled upon 25x 400mg Equanil (meprobamate)...this is marvelous.

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
Meprobamate isn't illegal in my country, just not marketed, unlike Soma which is banned outright, yeah, they bothered taking down carisoprodol in 1997 or 1999 up here for no apparent reason, I never heard of this thing and I would hurt myself a lot skateboarding and snowboarding from 95-2002, all I was given for pain was NSAIDs and sometimes Empracets 30's or 60's (30-60mg codeine/300mg APAP, do you have these in the US? no caffeine).

So a fairy brought me some 25 Equanil brand 400mg white pills of this stuff, the first drug to be mass marketed after Thorazine, the inventor saying back in the 50's (This is the only medication that slows down the CNS instead of disabling it (ref. to thorazine and related...can't believe they came up with Thorazine looking for some kind of medicine for pigs in farms, I forgot the purpose for...that was before chemicals were studied through SAR and QSAR and other scientific methods, they'd just invent compounds and see what they do, I think thorazine was supposed to be a dewormer? Anyway...

This stuff, is great, it's nice we can still have it through a compound pharmacy, but I won't bother, I may only have 25 of these, but the fairy also dropped a bunch of Stilpayne, 325mg tylenol, 8mg codeine, 32mg caffeine and 150mg meprobamate, and a hundred of 'em. I'll use these judiciously, well all of them.

Okay so I have experience with Seconal (Secobarbital), was scripted 15 of them for pre-important exam debilitating insomnia, for when the exams were at 8am or 10am, I'd tend to fail those due to my paperboy job and always so tired it felt like a sickness, probably the huge amount of coffee. My doc would script me just 15 of them a year, for those occasions, so no addiction occured from 2000-2004 but then in 2004 Health Canada was feeling like being a nanny and removed all barbs except butalbital in Fiorinals/Fiorinal with Codeine and phenobarbital. So he scripted me ethchlorvynol for 2 years until it was also removed in 2006 by Health Canada. Thanks to all that my benzo story starts in 2007 and has not ended.

Meprobamate is like, for at least the first hour, at 400mg, very euphoric, although, it might be that I am on 8mg Suboxone and there is some interaction for pleasant feelings at that level. I have chronic bronchitis, so at first when it kicked in, I had to have a few shots of my Symbicort inhaler and half a 60mg pill of pseudoephedrine, but all is good, I can breathe perfectly.

It's a shame we do not have the possibility to get an easy script to this in North America, here it's compound pharmacy only, in the US I think it's entirely banned, no more mills in the towns :(

It's stronger than Soma since Soma is not very active itself and turns into meprobamate after first pass metabolism of the liver.

1h30 after taking 400mg, I wonder if I should take one of those Stilpayne which are a kind of Fioricet/Fiorinal, 150mg meprobamate, 325mg APAP, 8mg codeine, 32mg caffeine, but I feel good since 3 hours, every single little knotty muscle in my body has been set loose, I feel amazing.

Share your meprobamate (better than Soma) experiences here.

Best drug I've ever ingested. Hands down.

Best day at the park I ever had was when I scored a bottle a friend's mom was prescribed for depression. She didn't want them, I looked them up and went to town on 3 or 4 of them. Ran around in the grass and sunshine all day long, my head full of bright fuzziness. Kind of makes things vivid and blurry simultaneously, but with an opiate kind of everything-is-okay undertone. Except more fun, somehow. I can never describe a buzz with any accuracy, so I'll stop trying now.

Very recreational, fo' sho'

I long for meprobamate (Miltowns) again but even the less great prodrug that is Soma is difficult to obtain in the Midwest, and meprobamate is almost impossible.

It makes all social phobia disappear with me, so my GAD is out the window with a 400mg pill and a Stilpayne (those 325mg tylenol, 150mg meprobamate, 8mg codeine, 32mg caffeine) pills which were MUCH cheaper than the 25 400mg Equanil.

I talk and the hesitation I sometimes suffer from when trying to say something, stretching what I gotta say for so long because I look for the words in my head...that's totally gone, I feel like I used to before this situation appeared (weening off 4mg clonazepam a day too fast to 20mg Valium a day).

Won't buy these again because I can get something much better which I think will get me rid of my Suboxone, they're capsules from eastern europe, thankfully since I'm on the net since '97 and back then people would make friends with people all over the world a lot easier than their Farcebook/MyBubble worlds, I already know how to contact people I know, I pick up the phone, or I got Skype and it acts as a kind of answering machine like MSN Messenger did before MS bought Skype to get rid of MSN Messenger. I have no webcam and my microphone is disconnect most of the time, so I'm only there for text and it's pretty good that way.

Where was I? Yeah, these gelcaps from eastern europe with 100mg codeine/250mg meprobamate/5mg valium/25mg cyclizine/5mg bisacodyl (anti-constipation med), are my way out of suboxone I'm sure of it, in a good quantity anyway. I'll tell y'all how that will be going when I'm there.

Meprobamate is amazing is all I can say so far, mixes well with the suboxone, I can take less of it, I take less benzos, and it's a whole lot less addictive than benzos and (the good) barbs. I'm only disappointed those gelcaps do not contain gluthetimide instead of the valium. When I was a kid we had Doridens, they had 30 or 60mg codeine but the gluthetimide would make the things convert to morphine at 90%. So of course they removed them in 1993. Thankfully as a kid I did get scripted 12 when I hurt myself when I torn my crotch muscle on one side when in a hockey practice, the ice wasn't perfect, another practice happened before. I was yelling so hard after a skate just went into a line while I was turning around, yelled until my mom got me to the ER and they give ma Doriden and then gave my mom a bottle with 12 max, for sure. I cannot source gluthetimide ANYWHERE, unfortunately.

Sorry to reply to myself, but this post goes in a totally different direction

Meprobamate seems to be an enzyme inducer like barbiturates are...I was having a clapping thunder migraine and other than the Relpax, my neurologist scripts me about 75 Fiorinal a year with codeine..well now plain old Trianal (the funny sounding generic for it we got here, I guess if it was like in the US it would be triacet...being the same as fioricet, but with aspirin instead, we don't have Fioricet at all here, less putting of poisons where they don't need to be), obviously without codeine,as I was inpatient for a methadone induction and I was far from the sweet spot when I felt I could leave, 40mg.

So I screamed for some Fiorinal and the doctor a couple hours later (who was home, not even at the hospital, but she was taking questions from nurses) if I could be given a Fiorinal for the tension headache + migraine along with some tylenol. She said sure, but it's an enzyme inducer and might make the methadone less effective.

Could meprobamate do this with benzos? Apparently the butalbital did not.

I'm being careful as hell with the meprob, since I have so many benzos and I take suboxone, a sub(heh)par opioid pill, but still an opioid, does it induce buprenorphine too?

Thanks, and if it's too complex mods here might move it to what ADD became.

Since you didn't get any responses, I moved this to NPD

I did a little internet searching, and my answer is most likely, but I don't know if it's to a significant extent.

Thank you, I did look a lot on duckduckgo, google, ixquick(startpage)...did not go to the beyond-horizon of MS's Bing, but it's like countries that have Suboxone or Subutex, no longer have marketed meprobamate or if it's not, it's a compound pharmacy kind of thing.