• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

So I missed when shooting coke

Crashbaby1789

Greenlighter
So I missed while shooting up come and normally when i miss with heroin the absess will just go away on its own normally.
I heard that if you miss with coke it’s really bad any suggestions on what to do? Please help I don’t want to go to the ER

I'm tempted to say that if your 'abscesses' just go away on their own then they're not actually abcesses lol. Unless you're saying it went away after bursting and discharging a whole lot of gross pus. Because an abcess won't heal unless that happens naturally or a doctor lances it.

Keep an eye on the inj. site for signs of infection; redness, swelling, pain and feeling particularly hot and also if you do have an abcess you will probably also develop a fever. If you are experiencing these sorts of symptoms then you should definitely head to a doctor.

Although that said, missing doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an abcess and often the missed shot and associated lump just disperses naturally, perhaps this is the true identity of your disappearing abcesses? ;)

I'm tempted to say that if your 'abscesses' just go away on their own then they're not actually abcesses lol. Unless you're saying it went away after bursting and discharging a whole lot of gross pus. Because an abcess won't heal unless that happens naturally or a doctor lances it.

Keep an eye on the inj. site for signs of infection; redness, swelling, pain and feeling particularly hot and also if you do have an abcess you will probably also develop a fever. If you are experiencing these sorts of symptoms then you should definitely head to a doctor.

Although that said, missing doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an abcess and often the missed shot and associated lump just disperses naturally, perhaps this is the true identity of your disappearing abcesses? ;)
When I miss with dope it normally just goes away in a day but it’s been two days and this one isn’t going away I’m thinking maybe because it’s coke

usually a lump is an abcess, but depending on severity, i've had two in my life and both times they were minor, treated them with a heat compress and they went away.

Do you use the same vein all the time?

How often have you fucked up this particular spot?

Was there any numbness initially?

Warm compresses asap: usually helps and keeping the area clean. If it's getting worse then you'll need antibiotics.

What's your iv history, are you out of veins or being careless?

Do you use the same vein all the time?

How often have you fucked up this particular spot?

Was there any numbness initially?

Warm compresses asap: usually helps and keeping the area clean. If it's getting worse then you'll need antibiotics.

What's your iv history, are you out of veins or being careless?
I’m out of vains and I’m constantly searching for new areas to hit in

I’m out of vains and I’m constantly searching for new areas to hit in
But this is the first time I’ve ever shot coke before normally I just smoke crack but all my friend had was powder so I decided to shoot it like i do dope but one of the shoots I ended up missing

usually a lump is an abcess, but depending on severity, i've had two in my life and both times they were minor, treated them with a heat compress and they went away.
Yeah I had one which I treated with hot compresses and hot water too, which stimulated it into discharging some gross pus and shit and it was able to heal after that. I guess some minor ones might get better without that happening/lancing by a doctor but I feel like if there's a significant amount of septic infected shit in there then it's gonna require an intervention of some sort or it'll just get worse.

Yeah what I was getting at is that what OP was describing sounded more like the little lumps you get when you skin pop or miss a vein rather than a bona fide abscess.

Of course these can develop into abscesses if the drugs contain some bacteria/pathogen or if the IV drug user did not use sufficiently sterile technique while preparing the injection.