• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

so I messed up really bad

India111

Bluelighter
Hey guys, as a lot of you on here know by my previous posts, since April I've been suffering from a hellish LTC that's included Dr/dp, brain fog, fatigue, muscle twitches etc. I have been very slowly and steadily improving, but last night I messed up real bad and I thought I'd share my experiences.

I just got a new job that was perfect for me (part time because of the fatigue) and although life is hard I was in a good mood as I'd just done my first day and it went really well. My ex (on and off) had some hash oil he got from america, said it was a much cleaner high because it's just vapour and less likely to induce anxiety attacks, and like a fucking idiot I decided to try some, even though last time I smoked weed back in February I had a massive panic attack. I think I was just feeling quite good and wanted to relax, I was pleased with my progress and how much I've been staying off blue light and moving forward with life and I felt like I should cut myself a bit of slack

Anyway so I had the tiniest amount and it didn't really do anything, so I had another, again small, amount. This time I started to cough, which my ex had told me not to do because it's hot vapour. Once I started I couldn't stop, and I think it was a mixture of choking and losing oxygen, having a panic attack because I was choking, plus being high that caused the events that followed. I went into what I can only describe as a full blown psychotic episode. Once I stopped coughing I looked up at my ex and suddenly started getting this falling sensation like I was passing out. I then realised that this feeling kept repeating, like I was constantly falling/swaying. My ex tried to speak to me and his words sounded distant and they kept repeating and echoing like a broken record and his movements were jerky and weird. It would stop for like almost a split second and I'd think I'd got a grip on reality and then it would start again.

So at this point I started getting paranoid delusions, I thought that when I was choking what had happened is I had actually passed out and was either dying or in a coma, because everything was so trippy and weird I was convinced it wasn't real. I started screaming at the top of my lungs because it wouldn't stop and when my ex tried to phone an ambulance I tried to smash a glass over his head (I missed, thank god) and I just ran out into the street half naked screaming like an utter loon. For some reason I ran to the train station, because I became convinced that my ex represented death and if he caught me and took me back home that was actually me dying in '''"'real life'''''. I then tried to kill myself by jumping onto the train tracks because I thought it would take me out of the ''''coma'''' and luckily someone had called the police, who took me to the hospital. The delusions carried on for about four hours after I got to the hospital, at one point one of the nurses faces even morphed into someone else right in front of me, reaaaaal scary hallucinations. Then about 4am the drugs wore off and I just snapped out of it.

Unfortunately for me I can remember everything that I said and did, which is why I'm on here because currently I'm in shock and wanted to share my experiences, the Dr/dp is worse atm in the sense that everything lags behind a frame or two which is slightly weird but this was SEVERE during the episode (as i said i was essentially tripping balls) so I was expecting some residual effects, this has gotten a bit better though already as I didn't freak out today after noticing it was worse, seeing as I already have Dr/dp. I also have some diazepam with me which has been a fucking life saver because as I said i'm in utter shock and obviously quite unsettled at the idea of losing touch with reality like that, as well as the embarrassment and shame I feel for endangering myself and another persons life. Even with Dr/dp making nothing seem real I've always been pretty 'grounded' in the sense that I'm very self aware of what's real and what isn't.

Like I said I'm pretty upset about the whole experience, I was diagnosed with 'cannabis induced psychosis' in the hospital which I've never heard about before, let alone experience.

As I said I'm not looking for sympathy or anything because it was my fault and thankfully I snapped out of it, because for a very dark while I didn't think I would. Hopefully the Dr/dp will settle down even more once the drugs are fully out of my system

Wow. That is crazy.

First of all, you will be ok. I promise. The THC likely just sent your anxiety into a craze and caused you to lose it temporarily. Just do what you were doing before and the DP/DR will also pass.

I would abstain from all drugs for a long time.

Yep, I've never even seen true psychosis before, let alone experienced it. Apparently the hash oil had a really high concentration of THC, so even though I thought it would be a cleaner, less anxious high, it actually had the entire opposite effect and sent my already tired mind into a very intense (and thankfully temporary) state of paranoid delusion, similar to some sort of schizophrenic episode. The doctor said he has seen cases before, mine was extreme but he was convinced that the episode was a one off and that I hadn't triggered latent scitzophrenia or anything like that, simply because when I finally came around I was very self aware and as a result deeply ashamed of my actions.

I haven't been bothered about taking drugs at all so I have no idea why I even bothered, I guess I just stupidly thought 'well it's only weed' and just totally underestimated how fragile my mind is at the moment. Also I'd read PMZ's experiences with smoking weed recently and thought it may do some good to try to let go.

Yeah you're right Dawglaw, also the after effects are already subsiding, probably because when i woke up and my Dr/dp was a lot worse, I didn't panic or decide to cancel all my plans, I just carried on (albeit in a lot of shock). As a result it's less than 24hrs and my Dr/dp is almost as it was before the incident. Now if I could apply that calmness and acceptance to actually just having dp in general, and it would probably be gone by now. Haha. If anything experiencing true insanity like that has actually made me quite releived that at least I'm aware these experiences aren't normal

Jesus! How're you doing now? Would you say you still had the effects of the LTC before you had the hash oil?

Yeah definitely, that's why I smoked it, just felt a bit sick of my symptoms. That's also probably why I had such an extreme adverse reaction, so i advise anyone in a ltc should be very cautious with THC. I still have all my symptoms that I did before, though like I said now I just feel a bit more strung out with slightly worse Dr/dp because of the stress of it all. Also having a hard time dealing with losing it like that, luckily I've just started CBT so hopefully I'll be able to continue to move forwards pretty soon

Quite a story! Glad you're alright. All you can do is pick yourself up again, just relax and continue with abstaining from drugs and living the LTC lifestyle (oh yeah :\).

BTW, I'm amazed that your ex still doesn't realize that he shouldn't offer you drugs, although it is your responsibility ofc.

Well I say I'm alright, though I did just go outside and found everything to be pretty terrifying... Just increased anxiety I guess. My main problem is the shame and frustration at my stupidity is causing so pretty hardcore depression at the moment...really hoping this will pass. Oh and my ex is an idiot, then again, so am I haha

India ma girl be careful won´t you (though you couldn´t know this would happen ofc, I seem to be able to handle thc quite well during this ltc). When you get to the point you try to kill yourself you really need to stop and think. It´s probably the ltc just coming out. I think most of us (at least the serious cases) have a lot of suicidal thoughts and thc probably stops you from controlling this or something. And the psychosis would be the anxiety going on tilt. Doesn´t really matter. Anyways I´m sure we´re all glad you are ok, I am at least, and keep us updated. I´m sure you´ll be all right just need to give this a place. Good luck.

CBT was instrumental in my recovery. I highly recommend it to everyone who is suffering from drug induced anxiety/LTC.

CBT was instrumental in my recovery. I highly recommend it to everyone who is suffering from drug induced anxiety/LTC.

Dawglaw may I ask in what way did cbt help you? I have just started and I'm only (as of now) doing exercises three times a day which are a kind of meditation, and should help me relax my body. This is not really working as of yet. Is this what helped you or did talking to someone help, or in what way did cbt help you?

Imabycicle are you still smoking weed then? And it has no effect on your Dr/dp? If I were you I wouldn't man, obviously you are totally free to do as you wish but I don't think THC is good for people in our position

Dawglaw may I ask in what way did cbt help you? I have just started and I'm only (as of now) doing exercises three times a day which are a kind of meditation, and should help me relax my body. This is not really working as of yet. Is this what helped you or did talking to someone help, or in what way did cbt help you?

I went and spoke with a therapist. She really helped me come up with personalized ways to confront my anxiety and deal with the "anxiety about my anxiety" which is so debilitating with my comedown. One of the reasons I was so torn up during my LTC was the complete lack of information save some wild anecdotes on the internet about brain damage etc. When I was completely convinced I had scrambled my brain for good, my anxiety was absolutely out of control (and my LTC symptoms the most very intense). The brain damage fears became a self fulfilling prophecy as the more concerned I was about my health, the worse the anxiety got and the worse the symptoms became.

Therapy taught me how to accept and work through those feelings and allowed me to ultimately relax to the point where I was fully recovered. It took time but was absolutely instrumental.

The lessons I learned have transcended into my everyday life and I can say that I am a much happier, confident and overall better person after this nightmare of an experience. I can also take drugs without any problem now, including MDMA and THC... However, one thing to remember, everyone is an individual so experiences will vary.

Last edited:
I went and spoke with a therapist. She really helped me come up with personalized ways to confront my anxiety and deal with the "anxiety about my anxiety" which is so debilitating with my comedown. One of the reasons I was so torn up during my LTC was the complete lack of information save some wild anecdotes on the internet about brain damage etc. When I was completely convinced I had scrambled my brain for good, my anxiety was absolutely out of control (and my LTC symptoms the most very intense). The brain damage fears became a self fulfilling prophecy as the more concerned I was about my health, the worse the anxiety got and the worse the symptoms became.

Therapy taught me how to accept and work through those feelings and allowed me to ultimately relax to the point where I was fully recovered. It took time but was absolutely instrumental.

The lessons I learned have transcended into my everyday life and I can say that I am a much happier, confident and overall better person after this nightmare of an experience. I can also take drugs without any problem now, including MDMA and THC... However, one thing to remember, everyone is an individual so experiences will vary.

The reason I'm asking is that I don't seem to experience much benefit. This forum has all ready told me all I need to know about it being anxiety and such. Knowing that doesn't help me for some reason. Maybe I just have to ride it out a little longer. It feels so unfair (wich is a very unusefull thing to say I know) because I have fought anxiety really well and have done anything recommended to me but it just won't leave my body. Thanks for anwering anyway.

Imabycicle are you still smoking weed then? And it has no effect on your Dr/dp? If I were you I wouldn't man, obviously you are totally free to do as you wish but I don't think THC is good for people in our position

I know I don't usually but if I do it like once a month, and smoke pretty serious amounts, I can handle it really well. I can notice my body tensing up completely but mentally I'm usually fine.

FuckWithRaw I have been, I don't take anything now and I barely even drink alcohol (also quit caffiene). It was one slip up, with a tiny bit of hash oil six months in. I'm sorry but I didn't exactly go balls-to-the-wall and nobody could have predicted a schizophrenic episode if the person has never shown any signs of being that way inclined. I know you're probably not being jugdmental and I'm probably bring overly-defensive right now, but it's mainly because I'm also beating myself up over this. Just wanted to warn people to be careful really.

Also update: I'm fine now. Well I say I'm fine, still in a LTC but my symptoms have settled down to how they were before the weed again (I was going to say normal but I don't think there is a 'normal' amount of Dr/dp haha). So I'm glad it only set me back by a week. Occasionally coincidences freak me out which they didn't used to (like I start to think whoa that was weird...maybe this IS a dream) but if I start thinking that shit I just mentally slap myself for being ridiculous and it's all fine.