• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

So I have some gabapentin

I have taken gabapentin and pregabalin for medical recipe. Gabapentin here is in caps from 300mg to 800mg. For anxiety is enough a dose of 600mg and in the night before go to bed you can take a dose of 1200mg. Gabapentin is a GABA analogue but it doesn't acts in GABA receptors neither gets higher GABA levels, it acts in calcium channels voltage dependents.

Did you take that much in one go or spread it throughout the day? Literature talks about prescribing it to patients 2-3 times a day. Is this because the effects are short or something?

It's not so much about short duration as it is absorption. It also helps eating something fatty before or with your dosage.

So what practical difference on absorption does it make to space the dose 3 times a day?

you can only absorb so much at once, rule of thumb is like 150-300mg every 45-60 minutes to avoid wasting any more than necessary. hence the staggering method everyone talks about here

Here is how they make me feel, If you have ever had a few beers got mildly drunk in the day and then at say 4pm you go to sleep for a hour, when you wake up you feel shitty still a little drunk but brain fog and slightly ill.

That feeling when I wake up after a nap when drinking is similar to how Gabapentin makes me feel.
Lol, perfect description ;) Great nerve pain drug, shitty party drug.

you can only absorb so much at once, rule of thumb is like 150-300mg every 45-60 minutes to avoid wasting any more than necessary. hence the staggering method everyone talks about here

I see, thank you.

Today at work I took 3 300mg pills about 3 hours apart each, one before work, one on first break and the last on lunch. I can't adjust for placebo but I felt somewhat happier and more connected to my colleagues. I felt accomplished and took more pride in my work. No drowsiness. I operated power equipment the whole time and did not damage anything.
I guess gabbies do make me feel more relaxed but I need a higher dose before jumping to conclusions but I'm reluctant to experiment while at work especially while operating dangerous equipment. I might try a higher dose on the weekends to see what it does. But I spend weekends alone which means no feedback.
Do gabbies really cause nystagmus? Cos that would rock. lol.

About the staggering, what's the maximum dose one should take? Are you saying that if I took 3000mg at once, my body would only absorb 300mg of it?

It all comes down to on how you react to a certain drug, I now am for many years a severe recreational Gabepentin ab-user :) and the first time I took 300 I was sick as fuck, I would start off with 150, see how it falls, then try 300, 450 and ending up with 600.

I was good with 600 for a long time, now I take 1.200...

Enjoy!

EDIT: I get a nice headspace from them, both downer and upper at once, my heart still beating rapidly. Now I take them with 20 gr. Green Maeng Da Kratom and 40 gr. Red Maeng Da (my fav!), which potentiates both each others effects, gives great euphoria and nodding off until I fall asleep!

I am from Europe, over here it are 150 mg. capsules, I open them up, and throw them with my Kratom in an empty bottle and fill it up with Milk (also a Kratom potentiater and probably also for the Gaba., now I'm recently in weekends sniffing Speed (Amp's) on that combo, pretty fucking nice (not near as good as the real Speedball, Coke, Freebase, Heroin, but I really was way too addicted to those drugs for way too long, needed to quit them, this comes a bit where I wanna be tho, except for the uttermost euphoria of the Heroin and Coke of course... But otherwise, nice!).

Not advocating the use of Speedballs or any upper/downer combo here, as they can be very lethal!

Last edited:
300 makes you sick as fuck? Are you a flyweight or am I just ungodly hardcore that's immune to everything? lmao.

I was initially prescribed Gabapentin by a psychiatrist to aid with benzo withdrawals, so I don't really know how it works in people with little to no tolerance to GABAergic drugs. But personally, I don't think it's really that great of an anxiety drug. It made me feel foggy, increased depression and caused memory issues. It did however help with horrible nerve pains I had been getting.

Honestly, if I had to start over, I'd bypass benzos, Gabapentin and any of that for anxiety. Would have probably had some passion flower tea. Wish I had a better understanding of herbals like that one.

If starting on Gabapentin, I'd recommend 100mg. The tolerance builds up, and there will be anxiety between the doses. The half life of Gabapentin's short, so if taken daily, the body will start physically needing it around the clock. It's officially not considered habit forming as benzos, but tolerance and significant physical dependence on it can happen in some people.

The bio-availability with it can be a problem, and I believe fats improve it. Because of the bio-availability issue, I think it's better to take it in a steady way, so it can be of most help. But then again, if you take it every day, you do not want to be in position where you want to run out. You simply do not.

Last edited:
I see, thank you.

Today at work I took 3 300mg pills about 3 hours apart each, one before work, one on first break and the last on lunch. I can't adjust for placebo but I felt somewhat happier and more connected to my colleagues. I felt accomplished and took more pride in my work. No drowsiness. I operated power equipment the whole time and did not damage anything.
I guess gabbies do make me feel more relaxed but I need a higher dose before jumping to conclusions but I'm reluctant to experiment while at work especially while operating dangerous equipment. I might try a higher dose on the weekends to see what it does. But I spend weekends alone which means no feedback.
Do gabbies really cause nystagmus? Cos that would rock. lol.

About the staggering, what's the maximum dose one should take? Are you saying that if I took 3000mg at once, my body would only absorb 300mg of it?

yeah from what Ive gathered the decrease in absorption is proportional to increase in dose, so theoretically there is a certain point where the you've essentially hit a ceiling point in your bodies ability to absorb it no matter how much is being digested. and from anecdotal and some empirical evidence that sweet spot seems to be about 300mg every 45 minutes. this is one of the things that makes this drug somewhat pesky for people with tolerance issues or recreational use as you have to stagger it spaced out enough to let each dose absorb, but also with the short half life of this chemical you don't want to space it out anymore than necessary to actually allow the doses to synergize. so taking every 3 hours is better than all at once but each time you dose you are already catching the come down of the previous dose, seeing as how gbp takes atleast 1 hour to kick in fully. I would recommend not going to crazy, but on an early morning trying 300 every hour with a small/moderate snack with fat and lipid rich with each dose until you hit about 900-1500. this is still well within the therapeutic range, and you'll get a better idea of where you stand with this chemical. tolerance rises fast though so be wary and withdrawals are possible for some people, I was am one of them.

300 makes you sick as fuck? Are you a flyweight or am I just ungodly hardcore that's immune to everything? lmao.

65 kg. However, usually I have a huge tolerance to everything, I have to take three times more than my friends for the same effects, not with amp's tho, and yeah, Gaba first time 300 sick as fuck.

But were my friends are good with 40 mg. sniff Coke, I need 120 mg. (on average lab tests said 80%, Heroine nr. 4, 88% pure lab tested, my friends good with 15 mg., me needing 50 mg., or things like Magic Mushrooms (I'm from Amsterdam), Cubensis b+, highest dose warning dry 4 gr., I need 8 gr., and so on...

Also when I'm sick, I had this fucking abces (I normally don't do needles, but needed to know what IV Coke, Heroin and Speedball felt like, so I did it a few weeks some years ago daily, but had set a date to quit, and I did, don't want to fuck up my body with that, however Heavenly it was! (no offense to IV users here btw), anyway, one of the first shots went wrong once, became abces), I had to to take antibiotics, normally the cure was one week, I needed three weeks!

It sucks tho, I needed to spend way more cash on drugs than average people do!

EDIT: what's your weight? Just curious... :)

65 kg. However, usually I have a huge tolerance to everything, I have to take three times more than my friends for the same effects, not with amp's tho, and yeah, Gaba first time 300 sick as fuck.

But were my friends are good with 40 mg. sniff Coke, I need 120 mg. (on average lab tests said 80%, Heroine nr. 4, 88% pure lab tested, my friends good with 15 mg., me needing 50 mg., or things like Magic Mushrooms (I'm from Amsterdam), Cubensis b+, highest dose warning dry 4 gr., I need 8 gr., and so on...

Also when I'm sick, I had this fucking abces (I normally don't do needles, but needed to know what IV Coke, Heroin and Speedball felt like, so I did it a few weeks some years ago daily, but had set a date to quit, and I did, don't want to fuck up my body with that, however Heavenly it was! (no offense to IV users here btw), anyway, one of the first shots went wrong once, became abces), I had to to take antibiotics, normally the cure was one week, I needed three weeks!

It sucks tho, I needed to spend way more cash on drugs than average people do!

EDIT: what's your weight? Just curious... :)

I am 68 KG. I also seem to need a much larger dose than everyone with everything despite being rather thin. You seem to have a special sensitivity to gabapentin for some reason. I do not. 900mg at once did nothing and 900mg in 3 separate doses may or may not have done anything.

Generally folks without much tolerance to gabaergics will feel very pronounced effects from doses of 300-800mg.

Tolerance does, however, build very quickly. I think I went from 300mg to 4g fairly quickly. Even just a weeks worth of use can make a big difference. The subjective effects also change as tolerance develops.

If someone were already tolerance to gabaergic or gabapentinoid substances (say, if you often took benzos, phenibut or drank alcohol), gabapentin probably won't effect one so strongly.

I did take benzos the last few months but not often. I also tried many grams of phenibut but never more than once a week. Did I still blow my chances to get with Gabby?

yeah from what Ive gathered the decrease in absorption is proportional to increase in dose, so theoretically there is a certain point where the you've essentially hit a ceiling point in your bodies ability to absorb it no matter how much is being digested. and from anecdotal and some empirical evidence that sweet spot seems to be about 300mg every 45 minutes. this is one of the things that makes this drug somewhat pesky for people with tolerance issues or recreational use as you have to stagger it spaced out enough to let each dose absorb, but also with the short half life of this chemical you don't want to space it out anymore than necessary to actually allow the doses to synergize. so taking every 3 hours is better than all at once but each time you dose you are already catching the come down of the previous dose, seeing as how gbp takes atleast 1 hour to kick in fully. I would recommend not going to crazy, but on an early morning trying 300 every hour with a small/moderate snack with fat and lipid rich with each dose until you hit about 900-1500. this is still well within the therapeutic range, and you'll get a better idea of where you stand with this chemical. tolerance rises fast though so be wary and withdrawals are possible for some people, I was am one of them.

Thanks a lot for the info. Wiki says the half-life is 5-7 hours so shouldn't 3 hours not be a problem? I did take it once an hour yesterday 3 times and the effects are still below the placebo floor. I had a very nice sleep, though. Slept exactly 8 hours without any interruptions except one to pee and quickly fell back asleep after. This is uncommon so it's possible gabby helped. Will try 1500mg next time. How does the addiction/withdrawal compare to say benzos? I'm already on benzos but I take them as-needed.

How much fat do I need to accompany each dose and when? At the same time as the dose? Do I need a big meal or would something like one cookie be enough?

Thanks also EscapeFromFreedom for useful info.

Forgot to past last week's trip report. I did 1800mg in 3 separate doses taken one hour after the other and I felt mildly pleasant (as well as drunk). These gabapentinoid drugs remind me of alcohol, but less stomach-turning. I ate one cookie with each dose which has about 9 grams of fat. This gabapentin obviously works stronger than phenibut for me but I've eschewed therapeutic use once I realized I risk developing epilepsy upon withdrawal and that this stuff makes me dumb as shit in general. I kept dropping everything I was touching.

Today I'm eating all the pills I have left which is about 10.

Well, I don't know what to make of last night. It was alright but my behavior doesn't match up the memories. I re-set up my light projectors all over my apartment, something I haven't done in a year and jammed for hours. It was fun but not awesome, at least I don't remember any euphoria or increased music appreciation but it had to have been there otherwise I wouldn't have gone thru the trouble of that setup. So yeah, no idea what to make of the 3300mg I took, I just remember feeling drunk and stumbling all over the place. Not much recreational or therapeutic potential for me, but it was better than phenibut.

This is EXACTLY how it made me feel... like my brain was numb and I could not concentrate... super weird feeling that I didn?t like at all!!

What strength are they? Most beginning doses I've seen are 300 mg three times a day. So I would start there with taking 300 mg maybe an hour or so after a meal. It can take hours for you to feel any effects so be patient with gabapentin. Also, don't drive because if you're not used to them, you may feel drowsy.

I also as already been mentioned a fe times 300mg spread through the day would do you just fine, with almost no ill affect.
Are you using any other meds together with this?

Start with 150mg! If you are not used to it being prescribed for nerve pain or whatever your doctor wanted you on it for it will knock you on your ass. I don't know off hand if it is labeled for anxiety. It's quite possible it can be used for this off label.