• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

so i cleaned all my pipes with iso...

MBRC

Bluelighter
Ok ill say this upfront. I dont smoke resin. Im not totally against it. I just have never ran out of weed and needed to in years.

Well i smoke heavily. I own 7-10 bowls. They all are just caked with resin. I used a knife and cleaned out all my bowls. I usually just stick all my resin balls in this babyfood jar. I have maass lol the resin is so old its hard as a rock and sounds like glass when u drop it. Anyway i soaked all my pipes and the iso was black, really black. And i always dump the iso but i got to wondering what it would leave if i evaporated it. So i put it in a pyrex dish, took 6 hrs. And was left with black oil. U know when u clean a bowl and theres that liquified resin that u cant really scrape bc its too thin or what u get on the end of a blunt when u smoke. Now i scraped it all up and was wiping my razor into a medicine cup, put in freezer and froze to a glass like resin. Looked just like resin. I put that in a clear plastic screw top container. @ room temp it turned back into oil. Its really thick. If i turn my jar sideways it wont move. But if i leave it turned sideways eventually it completely mobes to the other side. But i cant see it move by eye, it must take hrs. What is this ? Just liquified resin ? When i put a frozen ball in my bowl it instantly turns into oil, like car oil consistancy but thicker. It doesnt smoke like regular resin, where it gets gooez and hardens into a ball. It liquifies and burns funny. Im just curious i fugured fuck it y throw it away. I thought it might b better than resin , remember i dont smoke resin. Just stock pile it for a rainy day. Which i cant see happening lol

Also i took pics but dont see a way to attach the img....

Don't smoke that tho, resin can cause respiratory infection
at least that's what the buzz is around grasscity.com

You may want to put some heat on it to further evaporate any left over iso, which may be what's causing it to behave differently.
I've tried smoking resin extracted from iso, it tasted gnarly as hell; even after I was completely sure it was evaporated. I'm thinking there are other additives in the solution I used that make have caused this.

I've also tried Nail Polish remover ( it was acetone+saline only) and the result tasted and smoked more like you would expect fresh scraped resin to. There was still somthing a little funky about it though.

I'll let someone with better k no edge speak though, I don't actually know much about the health risks

Does it look like this?

440px-Pitch_drop_experiment_with_John_Mainstone.jpg

Just throw it away. It's not good to smoke it, and you're better off just smoking or vaping actual herb. But I've never smoked any herb residue that builds up in pipes, one-hitters, or bongs as I just threw it away down the drain when I'd rinse out the salt and Isopropyl alcohol.