• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

So how much LSD did these guys take?

If you measure the total levels of all metabolites and assume the person hasn't e.g. urinated since they took it, you can make a pretty damn accurate prediction how much drug they took with an autopsy.

Don't you have to be dead to have an autopsy performed on you? I belive everyone in this story made a full recovery

Are you forgetting that when you die you lose control over your bladder?

I believe that was Micheal Hollingshead famous "sugar jar" - a spoonful was only about 250mics not a massive dose.

hmm, I guess there aren't any sources to say which is true. Timothy Leary's autobiography has a pretty decent section about his first dose and it seems to be a dose of quite larger than 250 mics but ol' timoteo could have been exaggerating a bit. That's too bad, that was one of my favorite parts of the book, and kind of legendary details about his life imo. I read his autobiography at the ripe age of 16 or so, so I looked up to him a lot even though a lot of people consider him a fraud of sorts 8)

edit: and as for how this post has anything to do with the actual OP's post...
I'd like to meet someone who's taken a huge dose of LSD like over 10mg (a sheet theoretically) and just see the way they talk about it haha
I guess you could say i'm 'weird'

hmm, I guess there aren't any sources to say which is true. Timothy Leary's autobiography has a pretty decent section about his first dose and it seems to be a dose of quite larger than 250 mics but ol' timoteo could have been exaggerating a bit. That's too bad, that was one of my favorite parts of the book, and kind of legendary details about his life imo. I read his autobiography at the ripe age of 16 or so, so I looked up to him a lot even though a lot of people consider him a fraud of sorts 8)

edit: and as for how this post has anything to do with the actual OP's post...
I'd like to meet someone who's taken a huge dose of LSD like over 10mg (a sheet theoretically) and just see the way they talk about it haha
I guess you could say i'm 'weird'

insulfated none the less

This is what Hollingshead himself said in his autobiography:

There had been no difficulty obtaining even one gram of LSD—I simply asked an English doctor friend of mine to write the order on a sheet of New York hospital letterhead saying that I needed this ergot-derivative as a 'control' drug for a series of bone-marrow experiments.
Eagerly I unwrapped the package. The acid was in a small dark jar marked 'Lot Number H-00047', and in appearance looked a bit like malted milk powder. My problem was how to convert the loose powder into a more manageable form. One gram would make 5000 individual doses and I was obviously going to need to measure it out in some way. I decided to randomise it by mixing it into a stiff paste made from icing sugar.
I cleared the kitchen table and set to work. First I poured some distilled water into a bowl, and then mixed in the LSD. When all the acid had dissolved I added confectioner's sugar until the mixture was a thick paste. I then transferred my 'divine confection', spoon by laborious spoon, into a sixteen-ounce mayonnaise jar, and, by what magical alchemic process, the stuff measured exactly 5000 spoonfuls ! In other words, one teaspoon of the stuff ought to contain 200 gamma (millionths of a gram), which would be sufficient for an eight-to ten-hour session, and a pretty intense one at that.

Jesus! Very cavalier! I'm surprised the LSD didn't degrade in the time it took to count out 5000 tea spoons of "divine confection"! That's some dedication to duty that is =D