• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

So how much LSD did these guys take?

It's got to be the case mentioned on Erowid, because of "intranasal self-administration of large amounts of pure D-lysergic acid diethylamide".

These people made a mix up and thought it was cocaine they snorted, so yeah, they probably took "cocaine size" lines.

They took blood and urine samples at the hospital and they give numbers for LSD metabolite(s) found. We have lots of detail, here. I was hoping someone could give estimates of how much the subjects actually administered.

I'm just gonna be an egotistical hippy and point out that Timothy Leary claims the first time he took LSD he took a heaping spoonful of a sugar-LSD mixture that surely had at least tens of miligrams in it. He didn't bleed or go comatose from it but orally does give your body a better chance to break down drugs before their in your plasma making it generally a safer ROA.

what I'm trying to say if they thought it was MDMA and bombed 100mg they might have been fine other than the overwhelmingly mystical life changing experience they'd have.

I'm no scientist but a "cocaine-sized" line unless you've been binging for a while is typically less than 100mg. Unless you're trying to be al pacino or you've been doing absolutely shit coke. Lines are hard to guesstimate. I've done over a half gram in basically one line before.

Last edited:
With a closer look it even is affirmed, that it is the case I was talking about. And it says in the text:

All eight were reported to have snorted at least two "lines" (rows of powder measuring approximately 3 x 4 x 30 mm

3 x 4 X 30 mm, I'd guess that would be like 30-40 mg, times two. that's 60-80 mg each. Approximately. Some of them snorted more than one line though. And the lines are going to have varied quite a lot, as they always do when you eyeball something.

They took blood and urine samples at the hospital and they give numbers for LSD metabolite(s) found. We have lots of detail, here. I was hoping someone could give estimates of how much the subjects actually administered.

No, there's no numbers for metabolites, all info given is this:

Serum and gastric concentrations of LSD tartrate ranged from 2.1 to 26 nanograms per ml and 1,000 to 7,000 ug per 100 ml, respectively.

I hardly doubt any one can answer you question. Maybe some one over in ADD.

It's an interesting case though. Just a few hours later most of them were feeling better, and they all recovered. Had it been an NBOMe they would all have been dead before reaching the hospital.

is it that report about the people who snorted pure LSD thinking it was coke?
anysays I don't know, but a shitload for sure.
another proof that LSD is a damn safe drug

I'm just gonna be an egotistical hippy and point out that Timothy Leary claims the first time he took LSD he took a heaping spoonful of a sugar-LSD mixture that surely had at least tens of miligrams in it.

Coulda just been sugar with a reasonable dose of acid dropped into it tbf.

Last edited:
I'm just gonna be an egotistical hippy and point out that Timothy Leary claims the first time he took LSD he took a heaping spoonful of a sugar-LSD mixture that surely had at least tens of miligrams in it.

It is entirely possible that Timothy Leary was full of shit ;)

26ng x 1000ml x 5 litres blood = 130,000ng LSD / 1000 = 130mcg / 1000 = .13mg......total in the blood...???

That CAN'T be right...too low...???

Gastric concentration is just what it sounds like...what's still in the stomach.

Last edited:
Definitely too low. I'd say your math do add up okay though. Strange.

I still think 60-120 mg's each on average, is as good as a guess gets.

Definitely too low. I'd say your math do add up okay though. Strange.

I still think 60-120 mg's each on average, is as good as a guess gets.

I think the math is right, but serum conc. just shows what's in your blood at that moment in time...not total amount done...that's impossible to tell after the fact...IMO.

iamthesuck...anything you snort ends up in your stomach to some degree.

100 - 200 mg.

The document says they took milligrams, they each reported taking 0.72 cubic centimeters or more, and that 208 mg remained with a purity of 80 - 90%.

Another thing I read about this case was that the cocaine was being freely given out, so they would have been using it liberally.

The density of LSD is unknown and this would be irrelevant anyhow since chopping would lower the density. In cocaine, via Wikipedia at least, chopping expands the volume 10 fold.

Judging by the fact they were on LSD and failed to identify what tbey were snorting, the reported figures are questionable. For example, I doubt they knew the height of the lines.

Fortunately these two possible errors tend to cancel eachother.

I would approximate the density of the lines at 0.2 g/cm^3, more or less, for the sake of providing an answer. This gives us a minimum of 115 mg.

The bloodwork reported 2.1 - 26 ng/ml and this website is likely referencing this same case. Which says 100-200 mg gave blood concentrations of 2-30 ng/ml.

edit: It would make sense that it started off as a gram.

Last edited:
That's alot of lsd... alot of wasted money on SOMEONE end.
Each person probly took a lot
This story is all sorts of wacko

Last edited by a moderator:
I just realized a mod edited out my math. Didn't realise price theory was against forum rules, my apologies

I'm just gonna be an egotistical hippy and point out that Timothy Leary claims the first time he took LSD he took a heaping spoonful of a sugar-LSD mixture that surely had at least tens of miligrams in it. He didn't bleed or go comatose from it but orally does give your body a better chance to break down drugs before their in your plasma making it generally a safer ROA.

I believe that was Micheal Hollingshead famous "sugar jar" - a spoonful was only about 250mics not a massive dose.

If you measure the total levels of all metabolites and assume the person hasn't e.g. urinated since they took it, you can make a pretty damn accurate prediction how much drug they took with an autopsy.