• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Snorting Xanax

Drug_Enthusiast616

Greenlighter
Now hear me out. I was always told and under the impression that you shouldn't snort xanax as it isn't water soluble. If that is the case, can anyone explain to me why if I crush and snort a bar, I feel it just as much if not more then when taken orally? I feel like it hits me a lot harder too. Was just curious as to why this was, since I was always told snorting xanax was a waste.

trippy, maybe due to being all over mucous membranes, i learned to take them sublingually sometimes, but yeah maybe cause its all over your sinus and esophagus???? i like to insufflate, but when i tried xanax (before BL) i was clueless, and it just seemed to make me feel ucky and same with the guy that suggested it , also a novice

Last edited:
Now hear me out. I was always told and under the impression that you shouldn't snort xanax as it isn't water soluble. If that is the case, can anyone explain to me why if I crush and snort a bar, I feel it just as much if not more then when taken orally? I feel like it hits me a lot harder too. Was just curious as to why this was, since I was always told snorting xanax was a waste.
I agree actually. I once snorted a bar. Went to eat. Came home. Blacked out. Then woke up and the other bar I had was missing and apparently I snorted it as well.

I like to snort Klonopin too because it's cold and minty in your nose just like when you chew them.

Waste of ur product since dissolving it and swallowing it hits harder and u don't waste product like snorting.snoeting it you only absorb like 20% of ur Xanax while oral it has almost 100% bioavailability. Never ever snort benzos, no point.its just a placebo what you're feeling. Plus you're damaging your nose cartílage for nothing.
If you're gonna use the intranssal route at least make sure it's a drug that it's worth snorting like cocaine, meth or ketamine. I wouldn't recommend the nose unless it's for outstanding blow tbhonest. Save your nose, snorting just changes the shape of ur nose if abused. Use it for special ocassions only....from ur Peruvian neighbor nznity. 😜

Waste of ur product since dissolving it and swallowing it hits harder and u don't waste product like snorting.snoeting it you only absorb like 20% of ur Xanax while oral it has almost 100% bioavailability. Never ever snort benzos, no point.its just a placebo what you're feeling. Plus you're damaging your nose cartílage for nothing.
If you're gonna use the intranssal route at least make sure it's a drug that it's worth snorting like cocaine, meth or ketamine. I wouldn't recommend the nose unless it's for outstanding blow tbhonest. Save your nose, snorting just changes the shape of ur nose if abused. Use it for special ocassions only....from ur Peruvian neighbor nznity. 😜
thanks but toooooooooo late

thanks but toooooooooo late
I had a beautiful nose before I started using drugs, I almost blew a hole throughout my left nostril if I wouldn't have stopped using that route. It healed a bit after 5 years but the shape of my nose is much thinner than what it used to be before I started abusing the intranasal route. Plus I've met countless of people with holes on the inside of their noses and the face changes a lot if you fuck up your nose, it looks so much different. People with collapsed noses look like boxers noses, all squuashed or with dents on the sides. I LOOK LIKE A MONSTER NOW KIDS!!!! 👊😖🤮😭😭😭 DON'T SNORT DRUGS, YOU'LL THANK ME LATER 😉😊

Like I said..was always told it was a waste, if that's the case though why does it hit me harder then when I swallow it or even sublingually? Idk, was just curious. Don't mess with bars anymore anyway lol

You can absorb stuff that isn't water soluble through your mucous membranes. However, it's 100% true that benzos including xanax actually have significantly better bioavailability orally than snorted. Granted, whatever doesn't absorb in your mucous membranes will eventually end up in your stomach.

The one thing about snorting is that it absorbs faster, and you reach peak plasma levels more abruptly. This can cause a stronger feeling in some cases because it comes on faster. But in any case, snorting benzos is definitely not the best way to take them. The main reason people snort them tends to be because people like snorting things. And with something as subtle as benzos, the power of suggestion is pretty strong.

Complete waste. It works SO QUICKLY orally, there's really no point. Also, it isn't snortable, so they high from snorting it is just actually from you swallowing the "drip". If eating it isn't fast enough, just sublingual it :)

i def dont snort, but i tried long ago, just was thinking of why some would and how it

might work, but yep yep, just pop them for sure, im far from pessimistic dear nitzy(my name for you Luc) just sharing experience, lionheart, and always appreciate MOST your posts kiddo,.damn if they didnt help me at the dentist today, but def being careful with them, strange how these generics arent bitter really

With literally any other benzo sublingual then swallowing the benzo-y spit is my preferred route. Idk why I guess I just got used to doing it that way when I got hooked on etizolam.

With Xanax, man that shit tastes like ass I'll never do it sublingually again so snorting it is incredibly brave 🤣

With literally any other benzo sublingual then swallowing the benzo-y spit is my preferred route. Idk why I guess I just got used to doing it that way when I got hooked on etizolam.

With Xanax, man that shit tastes like ass I'll never do it sublingually again so snorting it is incredibly brave 🤣
i snorted some shards, think they are best for smoking, ice or whatever, i felt like that woman in cheech n chong snorting ajax, if you ever saw it, now thats brave(stoopid)

Yeah it's definitely true that drugs that are not water soluble can transverse the mucous membrane.

Believe it or not you can even get high by snorting crack (which is famous for being non water soluble).