• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting vicodin

dank-lord

Greenlighter
I know its not healthy, but my brother did it anyways when i shared some vicodin with him even after i told him not to snort it just take it. But anyways, I was wondering the difference between a hydrocodone high when its snorted and when its swallowed. Does it last longer or shorter, or does it peak at a different time? What are the differences? Thanks!

I would say that is an absolute waste, think about it man, putting Apap up your nose? Hydrocodone is best absorbed bioavalibility orally

I would say that is an absolute waste, think about it man, putting Apap up your nose? Hydrocodone is best absorbed bioavalibility orally

this.

pills were made to be eaten and the times i've done hyrdocodone i wouldn't dare waste such a fun chemical in my nose esp w APAP.

+2 What Wolvz and Blank said. I can tell you from first hand experience that it's a waste. However I have a good friend who swears by it, I guess snorting can be addictive in itself the same way that shooting is. But hey, to each his own

I agree with all the above. I tried snorting before and its a lot of powder even for just one pill and I got pretty much no effect from it. Much better eaten

Oral is most definitely a better route. The only alternative that may be worthwhile is rectal but seems like that would be OTT for vicodin.

I don't think I've ever heard of straight Hydrocodone pills ya know like without the gawd awful APAP, we have our percocet with APAP and we have our straight Oxycodone, is there such a thing as a straight Hydrocodone pill or formulation? I'm sure a compounding Pharmacist could prepare a liquid suspension of straight Hydrocodone.

There are Hysingla and Zohydro but both are extended release formulations and could very well have antiabuse deterrents like Oxycontin making snorting not pheasable but I'm not sure about that as both are fairly new and I haven't heard much about them.

RDP89 when you say rectal/plugging do you just stick the pill up your butt? I've always wondered this.

RDP89 when you say rectal/plugging do you just stick the pill up your butt? I've always wondered this.

No, you dissolve it in water and inject the solution into your rectum with a needle-less syringe.

The difference is u absorb very little of the hydrocodone compared to oral. Since vicodin has acetaminophen is alot higher doses (500 compared to only 5mg in some cases.) You wont really be absorbing much of the opiate, on top of snorting tylejol and wasting ur hydro you dont get nearly as high.

Yeah Wolvz, I was actually prescribed zohydro for a couple of months and I can say first hand, to everyone, extended release hydro is absolute garbage. Plasma concentration seemed to peak around the 3 to 4 hour mark and the remaining 8 hours was like a steady oncoming withdrawal... terrible. Anyway, didn't mean to get off topic just thought I'd add my thoughts in case anyone is thinking about getting on it.

For vikes there is so much acetaminophen that you should just parachute. Or if you're really desperate to get off then plug it or do a CWE. And that will only increase effects minimally. If you have a low tolerance hydro is great. And if you have a low tolerance then eating them should be fine. If you need oxy then hydro is simply not gonna be enough unless you take enough to wreck your liver.

Yeah Wolvz, I was actually prescribed zohydro for a couple of months and I can say first hand, to everyone, extended release hydro is absolute garbage. Plasma concentration seemed to peak around the 3 to 4 hour mark and the remaining 8 hours was like a steady oncoming withdrawal... terrible. Anyway, didn't mean to get off topic just thought I'd add my thoughts in case anyone is thinking about getting on it.
I really hope when you say getting on it you dont mean get physically dependant that would be pretty dumb and make the person weak. But it's good info for any one using it occasionally recreationally or maybe for a week or so for some bad pain then strong

Good luck with sniffing a ton of Tylenol. Ever hear of cold-filtering? If you do it right, you will bless your nose.

Good luck with sniffing a ton of Tylenol. Ever hear of cold-filtering? If you do it right, you will bless your nose.
or just swallowing the fucking things. i guarantee you that one of those pills weighs close to a gram. vs 5mg of hydro so yer putting not only APAP up yer nose which will block the hydro but filler as well.
people this has been asked forever JUST SWALLOW OPIATES WITH APAP hell even pure oxy ie roxicodone just swallow. it lasts longer and bioavalibility is higher.

or just swallowing the fucking things. i guarantee you that one of those pills weighs close to a gram. vs 5mg of hydro so yer putting not only APAP up yer nose which will block the hydro but filler as well.
people this has been asked forever JUST SWALLOW OPIATES WITH APAP hell even pure oxy ie roxicodone just swallow. it lasts longer and bioavalibility is higher.
Exactly. For oxy the highs already short enough for swallowing, snorting is pretty much just a waste