• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting suboxone, not too good on my nose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on suboxone for 6 months now. i have gone from 8mg to 24mg a day (90 8mg a month). i use it as directed, i leave it under my tongue for 30 minutes or until it is full dissolved, let the saliva pool up in your mouth. I could not believe when i saw on here that people were plugging and snorting it! the purpose of suboxone is to get off strong opiates. if your trying to get high off it your not going to get clean, you might as well go back to using.

If you are going to snort your suboxone pills then at least do it the "best" way possible.. Make sure you spray some "Saline Nasal Mist" into your sinuses before

and after snorting the suboxone. It will help it absorb and will catch most of the "pill dust" from entering your lungs or whatever sense your sinuses are moist

they will catch and absorb the Bupneorphine. And sense BUPE is water soluble, it just makes sense.

If you have generic buprenorphine then snorting would be effective (more effective if you get rid of all the binders and fillers); buuuut (correct me if I'm wrong) brand name Suboxone contains buprenorphine (partial agonist) AND naloxone (antagonist).
This is to protect against abuse, when you use Suboxone sublingually, most of the naloxone doesn't reach your blood stream, so you will feel an opiate buzz because of the buprenorphine, but if you ingest the full pill at once you will likely feel nothing at all and possibly be sent into withdrawl (not sure?) because of the antagonist.

Just talked to an addiction DR about suboxone and he told me that it contains naloxone solely so people do not inject suboxone. Naloxone is only absorbed through the bloodstream so if you put the pill under your tongue or snort it, you will not feel the effects of the naloxone. Kinda sucks, since I do enjoy injecting drugs. Does anyone know some sort of cold water extraction type thing to get rid of the Naloxone in a suboxone pill so I can inject it? That'd be cool.

I snorted suboxone once at the hospital and I found it really burned. They only gave me 4mgs though so I guess I couldnt have expected much. It's a good thing I snorted it though becuase the dumb nurse at he ER wanted me to just swallow the pill. I learned later that had I done so, I would have received 0 effects because the drugs in suboxone do not absorb through the stomach. However, overall, I dont think suboxone is a great pill to snort, burns a lot and it doesnt really get you all that high anyways. Its not designed to do so.

drip tastes like oranges. Nose candy taken to the extreme... good times with suboxone. i'm trying to get a script if anyone can offer up some advice i'd love a pm on the matter.

Just go to a hospital, tell them your an opiate junky and you want to go on suboxone maintenance. They will give you the info to see an addiction doctor who is licenced to prescribe you methadone , suboxone etc. They even gave me a free dose of suboxone at the ER cause I said I was w/drawing. Even if your not a junkie, just do a bunch of opiates before your appointment with the addiction doctor and it'll be in ur piss. I live in Toronto, CAnada and thats what I did. They gave me a choice between methadone and suboxone. Suboxone is better and theres less hassel with it except its a lot more expensive. If you have insurance that covers it thats great, otherwise methadone costs about 5-10 $ a dose here in Canada depending on the pharmacy. Very easy to get on either drug. Not sure if its the same in the U.S or Europe though.

Idonno if anyone's said it yet but use otrivin nasal spray or drixoral nasal spray
The active ingredients are xylometazoline or oxymetazoline if I remember right
That shit will unclog ur nose like magic but be warned once you've been using it for a while ur nose will be clogged shut without it

Seriously though this shit works wonders for a clogged nose I've been in ur situation snorting subs and a lot of other shit and this clears anything up

Last edited:

Ok well i chose to snort suboxin cause honestly I cant afford to go to the dr. and actually get it prescribed, I was an addict for 4 yrs and I lost everything I had... my house my relationship w my family. I was stealing and everything... If I snort suboxin I can make it last 3-4 days.... and I can buy it for 25 dollars a pill, which is a drastic change from spending 150 a day on my habit. I have been off drugs and clean for 6mths due to suboxin :) And for the man up top if you are prescribed suboxin for a drug habbit and you snort it you should of already knew that any kind of pills can cause a clogged dose espically when you lay down. Theres days that are worse than others but

This thread is ancient, please don't bump old threads.

rofl_227, please use the edit function to add to your posts instead of triple-posting.

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.