• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting Oxy vs Ingestion, for pain

Just gotta say I totally agree with Keif and Ilove2nod; plugging oxy really gives me the best high ... as well as the best pain relief - im a chronic migraine sufferer who medically can't take many of the more common migraine meds.

Sometimes I like to snort it... I like the fast high-- but it doesn't last long enough. And even though the high comes on fast, as far as pain relief goes, I don't think it takes away any physical pain any faster than another ROA. In fact, I sometimes think it's less effective for me to snort it when I'm in pain.

When I eat it, I just don't feel like I'm getting as intense of a high as I do when plugging. But for pain relief, eating it works... but again plugging works best for it all.

Ok, so I'm new to this plugging scenario. How do you prep the oxy?

Ilove2nod, your post was very detailed and left me with only one question: with all the other ways to take a pill, why parachute it? Is it because the chunks are too big to snort or because...? I mean, if you're going to swallow it, why crush it? :?

^The reason folks "parachute" (consume pulverized drug orally containede in some kind of solid vehicle) is due to the essentially correct belief that if you take a substance, usually a pill, pulverize it yourself prior to consumption, the increased overall surface area of the substance will lead to a faster ultimate movement through the stomach and intestines. This will lead to a faster onset, peak and in turn a shorter duration. It's similar to why one would insufflate instead of consuming orally, bioavailability differences aside, they want the faster, stronger, more intense hit. All in all, it's probably not worth your time. I mean, it might make your drugs come on 2-3 minutes faster.

SuzeQ: Rectal Administration of drugs, colloquially "plugging" is simple. Anyone can do it and it requires much less caution and skill then injection routes. There are several threads here on Bluelight dedicated to the process, but I'll give you a brief run-down. Pulverize pill, with oral syringe, suck up ~10ml of water, in some kind of vessel, combine the water and the drugs, mix to solution, suck back up into syringe, lubricate syringe, insert 1-2 inches into rectum while laying on stomach or side, slowly but surely inject substance into the rectum. Leave syringe in for a moment, slowly pull out and remain on your side.

Effects should present within 5 minutes in most cases. Make sure you don't need to "go" before hand. This is important.

^Yes! what keif said! And in my experience with plugging, it seemed the less water the better, I preferred using an oral syringe, around 0.5-1ml myself, because really you don't need too much water to make this method effective. 0.5ml per 30mg of roxy, should work just fine, as those pills USUALLY don't have too much powder, excluding a couple oversized, terrible generics, which I wont go into on here, as I know we aren't supposed to discuss that.. but yeah, 1ml is the biggest I ever used for plugging, because I don't particularly enjoy sticking wide objects up my ass lol.. so like a 0.5ml or 1ml oral syringe was just the slightest little awkward up the butt feeling, but was for sure very rewarding every time I plugged oxy, for the quick onset and great feeling.. and also when I plugged subutex! That was amazing too.. compared to sublingual. but that's another story...

I don't particularly enjoy sticking wide objects up my ass lol.
"OoF Faa" IL2N, LOL. That's an exit, not an entrance! 8o

Hey, I got my PM doc to up my dose to 15mgs, 4X's a day. So I'm not snorting anymore. I was on 10mgs, 4X's a day. My pain level is just about gone with the extra 20mgs a day. I guess she figured that all these years taking 10mgs and not asking for a raise, made me able to be upped. I never failed a test or pill count...so that's good too.

Enjoy your weekend buddy,
JJR

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to tell you, I really F'ed up! Someone here wrote to be careful snorting because it will catch on like a wildfire. Well, IT DID! I started snorting more and went through my months prescription in 1 1/2 weeks without even knowing it. I just can't even remember anything from those days. The withdrawals were insane! Plus, my pain came on heavy. I promised myself I'd only snort one pill here and there. Guess what? I did it again. The whole scrip in 2 weeks this time without even knowing it. THAT'S IT! I have a new script and stopped snorting. I don't even crave because I know I will suffer without my medication. I just hope I didn't do any harm to my brain. My memory is so whacked out man! I have a hard time remembering things.

I just thought I'd tell you guys. And to anyone who is even thinking of snorting them..."DON'T"! You'll be sorry!

Thanks for all the advise guys.

^ Good decision and I'm glad you're back on track. Thanks for the update!

Thank you. Wow...I didn't even know what I was doing. I really thought I could handle it, but it's an evil snort. It takes your memory of even doing them. It's 2+ weeks on my new script, and there's still no craving and no friggin' way I'll ever do it again. Taking them as prescribed is working out fine for my pain. WTF was I thinking?!

JJR. If you're still here (if not then this might help someone else) if you're worried about getting fillers in your lungs try splitting the powder into four doses, then take 1/4 in each nostril, then wait maybe 20 minutes +/- and then snort the other half. I've gotten a little burn in my upper bronchial area from snorting two 2mg Dilaudid, one in each side so I know what you mean. You can also take out 4 or five for the first few days and do a CWE on the rest of them or some of them... do it twice since you'll have time. Use as little water as possible then either put it in a dropper bottle using dropper, so you know how much is in a drop, then you could use it like old fashioned nose drops BUT if you can... put the liquid in a shallow dish, put a really low air flow over it and evaporate it to powder. Then you'll have an almost pure Oxy that you can use as you want. If nothing else cut the amount you snort at one time down so there is less to get into your lungs. Another thing you can try is perhaps using a saline mist before you snort so that your sinuses are not dry. The moisture should help to catch the powder, every little bit helps.
Me 4 U

Hey, I just read this... sounds like you're in a better place. Opiates and opioids are enticing and tricky. I'm on 135 10mg Norco a month. I almost always have a few left over to stick in a bottle for these winter months when I need more... however, my wife had a rotator cuff surgery. Her doctor gave the Percocet 10 and Dilaudid 2, told to take one every two hours, alternating between the two. She didn't like the Dilaudid, orally it doesn't do much so I got to use some... the Norcos never give me a problem but after snorting a few Dilaudid I found they have a bit of a siren call. They are a bit like heroin. When I was young I would try anything and did. With H I had a three day rule. Only three days and I'd stop for at least a week. That worked for me but it is the sort of thing you have to decide in advance, if you wait until you're in the soup to decide, it's too late. I wish the Norco worked better for me but they just take the edge off, I can take 9 or 10 in a day and feel better but I'm still in pain. I'll tell you this too... be very careful if you decide you want your doctor to try something else. I've been on Fentanyl patches 50ug per hour, changed every 48 hours. Three days didn't work for me, I was taking 3 vicoprofen for break through pain. (I stopped when I started sleeping 14 hours a day). Been on Avenza 90mg with the same break through meds.. too much constipation.
So, after years of this and that I've settled on the Norco, hydrocodone seems to work for me... BUT I decided I needed to try something else and went through 8-9 months of misery. First my doctor decided to try a Butrans patch. It was really awful, like taking APAP. Next he tried Nucyenta ER... upped the dosage, it too was a joke. Both of these came with no breakthrough meds. I've been thinking of asking to try OxyContin but I feel snakebit and am really scared to rock the boat. So, do your homework if you ever consider a change. My doctor will generally listen and give me what I ask for, if I'm reasonable. I asked for Exalgo and he wrote it but insurance said NO and it was cost prohibitive, so I stayed with the Norco. I'm really careful now but I prefer IR drugs like Norco or Percocet so I can take less on a "good day" and more on a "bad day"... also got my script upped. I was on 4 a day and wanted to go to 5 which was really more than I needed so he agreed to or 4.5 a day so I can take 4 on some days and 5 on bad days. Try that. Also my regular doctor gives me 60 Fioracet a month for headaches and they also help with pain in general. He also gave me 60 1mg klonopin a month but stay away from it. If I knew then what I know now I would never have started on klonopin. My wife's .5mg Xanax was helping knock out headaches, he thought Klonopin would do better, they don't. I still have to take about 1.5mg of Xanax to break cluster headaches, the Klonopin helps keep them from getting started BUT... Klonopin has HOOKS like nothing else. It's like that thing in the Alien movies that attaches to your face... you can't get it off. I've tried a really slow taper and after a month my whole upper back, shoulders, and neck was like a huge muscle spasm. I went back to the full dose and it immediately went away. I had dropped 1/4mg for 11 days then again the same drop for 15 days when it hit. BAD STUFF.. STAY AWAY!
Good luck to you from another chronic pain sufferer. BTW, a really low dose, like maybe .5mg of dried mushrooms will help, a sub threshold dose. They don't normally test for that or an ultra low dose of L5D will help and will never be detected. I mean like 1/8th blotter. It won't make you "trip" but it will make your day better and help with pain. Hofmann considered 20ug to be the threshold dose and Sandoz made 20ug tablets of Delsyd, of course they also made 100ug vials! It is a miracle molecule if you can find it and keep the dose low. You should know your source if you try that because some low lifes are putting nbome on paper and it can be dangerous to someone my age ?. Anyway, just trying to help. Pain will make you do whatever you need to do if it gets bad enough. OH.. and I don't know where you live but some good weed will also kill the pain. Last year the CDC put out its new guidelines, everyone knows about the impact on doctors prescribing narcotics BUT I read them, they also recommend that pain clinicians not test for THC and they suggest that if they do check and detect THC in a pain patient that the clinic does nothing about it. Funny how the medical industry grabs on to one thing and ignores another part... but if you can add it, it will help. Not Indica but a good Sativa. You won't hurt and you'll feel at least 25 years younger. Another miracle drug but the people in charge seem to have a big problem with anything that makes people feel better... we can't have people feeling better!!
Me 4 U

Hello ive read your post, and noticed you said "to bad they dont make oxy in nasal spray formulation" ive been on oxycontin and roxicodone for 17 years I.was prescribed at one point oxyfast or ixydise 20mg per ml is liquid useually 30ml bottles works quick veey quick just thought u should ask your dr about a trial on it! I'm currently on 60mg oxycontin 3 times a day and 30mg roxi 6 times a day! Anyways does anyone know if the op's can be brought to an instant release firm by solving in 91 % isopropyl alcohal?

Hi Keeping,

Ya know....it was a really long time ago, but what I do remember about the bootlegs were that they were very mellow. (nothing like a Xanax) When they hit you it was like someone was taking a heavy blanket off of you. I loved working on my car on them. Just so outrageous! I used to take Valium at the time too. But the V's didn't even come close to the awesome head you got on ludes. The name brand, (I guess you'd call them), were "Rorer 714's". They were as hard as a rock, and hard to get. The boots were softer and hit you faster. All I know is I really LOVED THEM back in the 70's. Sorry I can't give you a better description of how they felt. They were so friggin awesome! My favorite drug of all times!

yeah i don't have any experience with ludes at all (i was born in '91) but i read somewhere that the bootlegs were just full of benzos - maybe it wasn't valium maybe it was some other kind of benzo? i mean with all the analogs floating around now its possible they could have had etizolam or diclazepam or something in them? still, sounds so fun :)

appreciate you taking the time to explain that to me; i'm so jealous ahaha

Right on man. You rock. Thank you so much. Muah.

anytime buddy muah (ツ

I would describe ludes this way, you couldn't miss them coming on because it would be like a blanket being put over you. You would feel drunk without the sloppiness. I never took so many that I didn't know what I was doing but it was a pure heavenly feeling, believe me!

damnnnnn i'm so jealous, i'm jelly as helly, i'm lime green jello D:

Last edited: