• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting or chewing or regular oral taking ? Question about them.

aaMizer720

Ex-Bluelighter
I take 100 mg at once a day oxycodone. Is there a way to make these dam things last? Can I snort like 60 mg and get the same affect if I took 100 orally? Or can I chew 80 instead of 100? Might be stupid questions... but thanks lol

Would I snort 40 mg and get the same effect as orally taking 80 mg? Or would MG for MG be the same ? Oxycodone HCL 10 mg pills x 8.

Thanks guys :)

Same 40 mg snorting is 40 oral same amount of drugs just the onset would be quicker sniffing

Thank you, would it be more dangerous to have it hit me quicker rather than the 30 minute onset ? Also would it last a shorter amount of time? Not sure if there's any definitive answers or not.

you could always plug if that's an option for you! there's a plugging megathread on here if you're interested !

IMO you should just try taking less more often. Maybe 30 twice a day and the 40 one other time. I just think that if you are trying to get the 100 to last all day, it's just not going to happen.

That's true. It won't last all day I know that, but is that normal that I feel so crappy late evening and all night just 7+ hours after taking the 100? If I take less I won't feel anything all day right since it takes 100 for me to feel "kind of good" ?

Snorting and chewing doesn't really make it more efficient, just kicks in quicker. You could try using a potentiater, diphenhydramine (benadryl) is very effective. Take 50 mg of DPH and 50% of your oxycodone dose to start because it effects some people more than others, then raise the opioid dose if it wasn't enough. It will probably make 75% of the dose feel like your normal dose without it, but you should start with half the dose to be safe. Don't adjust the DPH dose, stay at 50 mg, just adjust the oxycodone dose. You could try plugging too, but that's not too pleasant.

With oxy, the bioavailability is lower when used nasally as compared to orally, so you're actually not gonna get as much of the drug in your system from the same dose. And as far as the effects being gone/ withdrawal starting after 7 hours, the half life of oxy is 3.5 to 4.5 hours, so yeah that's pretty normal.

Hey Mizer, we need to tone down questions relating to simply trying to get high. That's not what we're here for man. We're here to try to keep you safe. Also, this is research that I really believe you're capable of getting to on your own. Part of becoming a productive member of the community is learning how to conduct research yourself. Wouldn't it be nice to not have to wait for an answer from one of us and to just find it yourself?

The oral bioavailability of Oxycodone is quite high actually, in the 80th decile. Even if you were to inject your Oxycodone, which I greatly discourage, you would only be getting a ~15% benefit in bioavailability increase and you would be left with a shorter duration. There's not much you can do, although I would highly reccomend investigating rectal administration. As a rule of thumb, most drugs are better by the rectal route. I'm really not afraid to say that I use this route for most substances that I use, as I've been off the needle for a few years now.

Hey Keif, thanks for the heads up and sorry about that. I will decrease those type of posts. I tend to create a lot of posts. Sorry about that.

No problem buddy, it's just housekeeping. Try to make fewer posts with more clear objectives and at least try to frame your question in in the spirit of Harm Reduction if you catch my drift.