• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Snorting OC & LUNG ISSUES

there used to be an excellent section on here that was all about snorting pills and losing limbs due to shooting them up. I dont kown where that section is but perhaps someone can point it out. it was case stories and there was some tremendous information in it. Again maybe someone can hook us up with a link. I beleive it was done by a moderator and it was very through.

Yo idk man i tend to disagree with you... I feel that the finer the particles the easier / better chance they have to sticking to the inside of your nose. I think that the bigger heavier particles from the OC have more mass behind them so they have a better chance of being carried down into your lungs.. as with the fine powder, it just gets caught on the mucous and cilia in your nose / throat.(think about taking a handful of dust and trying to throw it as far as you can... then take a hand full of pebbles and do the same, which goes further?)

Again this is only my opinion and who knows what actually happens...

Also, i think by snorting slower is also worse. When you snort slow, it creates a smooth steady flow right down into your lungs, things open wide. But when you snort as HARD as you can, the high speed flow of the air actually causes canals to close and "cave in" because its creating a low pressure area. I also think that it causes the particles to bounce around and collide against the inside walls of your nasal cavity and the back of your throat.
(Also, consider the little experiment that every kid does in school, take two pieces of paper, hold them about an inch apart and blow very fast down the middle... The faster the airflow, the lower the pressure and the pieces of paper get tighter / closer together)

Its been in my opinion that when i've snorted slow i could always taste and feel it in the back of my throat... the harder i snorted, the less i could feel or taste... I'm POSITIVE in every experience ive had that snorting slow causes more of it to go down your throat / potentially lungs.

In my opinion the combination of snorting very hard and the smaller finer dust like particles cause most of it to get stuck right in the places you want it. i.e mucous membranes

I really agree with this. When you have a nice even and slow inhale through your nose, you can feel that powder going right into your lungs. But when you snort real hard, you aren't inhaling as much air and it's like your nose plugs up and captures all the powder that you want to be caught there.

Also, I have been doing roxies for the past 3 months in the 100-200mg range per day (my town has the 2nd highest death rate from pill OD per capita in the US, but the weird thing is you can only find roxies, very rarely are there oxycontin to be found; also it's the moonshine capital of the US, that stuff knocks you out hard.) Yeah, the roxies grind up real easy into a fine powder, and I think they give a better high when snorted and I feel nothing in my lungs.

However, the other day, for the first time, I got about 10 OC 20mg's, and I have been coughing and my lungs have been feeling weird ever since I did all those; those things were so hard to grind up and those lines were so course I feel it hurt my lungs way more than the fine powder of roxie lines ever do. Roxies aren't the devil, as the OP said, in fact I find them tastier and better than OC's! I have never ever heard of anyone coughing up a dust of roxie powder after doing a big line. That sounds ridiculous.

But alas, I do agree with the OP's method of eating enough oxy/roxy to get a high, and then snorting a few lines here and there to accentuate the buzz. Very good method, and I feel like you can keep the high going a very long time this way, especially if you ate on a very empty stomach, like don't eat any food for about 8 hours before eating the oxy.

Last edited:
I really agree with this. When you have a nice even and slow inhale through your nose, you can feel that powder going right into your lungs. But when you snort real hard, you aren't inhaling as much air and it's like your nose plugs up and captures all the powder that you want to be caught there.

Also, I have been doing roxies for the past 3 months in the 100-200mg range per day (my town has the 2nd highest death rate from pill OD per capita in the US, but the weird thing is you can only find roxies, very rarely are there oxycontin to be found; also it's the moonshine capital of the US, that stuff knocks you out hard.) Yeah, the roxies grind up real easy into a fine powder, and I think they give a better high when snorted and I feel nothing in my lungs.

However, the other day, for the first time, I got about 10 OC 20mg's, and I have been coughing and my lungs have been feeling weird ever since I did all those; those things were so hard to grind up and those lines were so course I feel it hurt my lungs way more than the fine powder of roxie lines ever do. Roxies aren't the devil, as the OP said, in fact I find them tastier and better than OC's! I have never ever heard of anyone coughing up a dust of roxie powder after doing a big line. That sounds ridiculous.

But alas, I do agree with the OP's method of eating enough oxy/roxy to get a high, and then snorting a few lines here and there to accentuate the buzz. Very good method, and I feel like you can keep the high going a very long time this way, especially if you ate on a very empty stomach, like don't eat any food for about 8 hours before eating the oxy.

Completely opposite for me, I very very much enjoy snorting the OC's, its goes up sooo smooth and tastes sooo good for me. I can never get enough of the OC powder, but if im doing a roxy or any other generic oxycodone I dont even bother sniffing I just pop them, way too much powder for me. With the roxies im always gagging and coughing up a lung. But here very very rarely do I see roxies or any opiate really besides oxycontin. (The original ones too :D)

I have snorted roxy's or oxy ir, same thing I believe, for 3 years now. I have never had any coughing or lung problems with them. And at one point I was snorting up to 160-175mg a day! I always crush them up with a piece of flexible plastic with a spoon and run over them to where the powder is real fine. I would use nasal spray all the time. I would snort them real hard and real fast. I dont even remember as much as a cough and I have COPD. Anything irritates my lungs but never the roxy's. So after reading this post, I am concerned like most. I am currently trying to taper off the evil shit so I have been taking oral. I have snorted some because I have had some stomach problems where I cant keep them down due to wd's. I will for sure be talking to my doc next visit! Good post I never in a million years thought snorting could cause lung problems.

-jaystyle-, thank you kindly for giving me a mini heart attack with your post. me, being clueless, never realized that i was most likely doing severe damage to my lungs all those years blowing shit up my nose.
Now, if i make it to my 40s ill surely die of lung cancer
Much obliged friend
J Cocks

i have the same problem man... its called respiratory depression, no one relizes it but you usually breath under 5 times in every 15 minutes... basically you dont breathe & not notice it...
when you take any kind of opiate,

if your a snorter you MUST take breaks or you will die fast sorry thats just the way the cookie crumbles.... sometimes i feel like my heart is going to pop out of my chest with sharp pains... NO GOOD..

There are some ways to temporally fix it...

go get acupuncture MOXIBUSTION, i get it frequently its basically a way to clear your lungs after you get it you will come home and not feel right for a day but you COUGH UP ALL THE BAD SHIT THAT BEEN IN YOUR LUNGS (ALL THE OTHER CRAP THATS IN THE PILLS) & it will give it MAJOR relief but your lungs will still be damaged...

Also you can get the pills that make you do the same thing (The acupuncture MOXiBUSTION is better though)

You can start eating pills & STOP sniffing them, if this is happening to you i recommend you stop snorting them before your lung almost collapse.

EAT FRUIT & VEGITABLES DAILY

Stop SMOKING Cigerettes ASAP if you do..

Theres 1 or 2 other ways i will look up & let you know but i recommend the ACUPUNCTURE MOXON FOR ALL SNORTERS..

Last edited:
clonazepams a better way...

Alrighty lets begin.
I have been on benzos etc for many years lets say at least 15 years.
I have also tried so many diferent drugs to try and help me with my diffculties,threw a shrink of course,
I saught help years ago when isplit with the ex and would up abit bent to say the least.
I had also been suffering previous to this time for most of my life but like many others that this was just normal ,the way life is going days without sleep etc.
Anyway this is supposed to be about clonazepams.
I have been on them for many years for anxiety etc.
I have tried them every way cept smoking them and for the most part just eating them seemed to be the best way to take them as well as the best way to get the most out of them.
Now tonight was a new night for me .
I must say that i dont realy drink anymore ,mostly because i dont live back in winnipeg working with a bunch of construction workers like i used to.
I now live alone after spliting with the ex which is why i moved to brandon manitoba in the first place.
So anyway.
I said i have tried everything well tonight i found a better way to get the most out of this drug and probably would work the same with my temazepams.
I decided tonight i would open a bottle of wine that has been in my fridge for awhile now .
Now haveing already taken 18 tylenal 3s which believe me didnt do a thing for me i have such a high tollerance now and it was 10 at first then 8 after about an hour and still nuthin, they basically just take most of my pain away.
But getting off track here in part by the fact that this simple little procedure works so well i have had to retype words several times threwout this post because of the effects.
Now on an average day i can take my perscribed 6 mgs of clonazepams 60 mgs of my temazepams 600mgs of my seroquel and ussualy i will take 10 5 mg nozinans
and after taking them i still cant even sleep at times.
So i opend my wine had a couple drinks and decided to snort a line of clonazepam, which i know personaly that this is more for the fun factor of crushing it up and snorting it ,sure youll probably get 50 to maybe 80 percent of what you would by just eating it but i figured what the hell im feelin okay so ill do a line.
AAAaaanyeway after totaly crushing this pill into absolute powder i took a snort and then thought hey i satisfied the snort abit why dont i just put the rest off the 2mg pill into my wine,so i did.
then i thought well hey lets realy try this out and proceded to crush up 2 more clonazepams and put them into my next little glass of wine .
Well all i can say is the effects are way better and very fast acting,logic sais well ya there finely crushed diluted in alcholhol theyll go threw your system faster ,,,,and I can say ,yesssss they do and a very pleasant feeling indeed.
As i said before i can take a million pills and barely feel it but taking just the clonazepams alone and only not even 3 because as i was doing this i took a couple more little snorts to satisfy the need to snort... the feeling was back like when i first took my clones wayyyyyyyyyyyy back in the begining, that nice warm satisfied type feeling and still be aware and concious just feeling good.
SOOOOooooo thats the new story from slowpoke a new way for me anyway to take benzoes..... thanx for reading........

^ what ??

You do this has absolutely positively NOTHING to do with this thread right?? lol

Last edited:
i have the same problem man... its called respiratory depression, no one relizes it but you usually breath under 5 times in every 15 minutes... basically you dont breathe & not notice it...

if your a snorter you MUST take breaks or you will die fast sorry thats just the way the cookie crumbles.... sometimes i feel like my heart is going to pop out of my chest with sharp pains... NO GOOD..

There are some ways to temporally fix it...

go get acupuncture MOXIBUSTION, i get it frequently its basically a way to clear your lungs after you get it you will come home and not feel right for a day but you COUGH UP ALL THE BAD SHIT THAT BEEN IN YOUR LUNGS (ALL THE OTHER CRAP THATS IN THE PILLS) & it will give it MAJOR relief but your lungs will still be damaged...

Also you can get the pills that make you do the same thing (The acupuncture MOXiBUSTION is better though)

You can start eating pills & STOP sniffing them, if this is happening to you i recommend you stop snorting them before your lung almost collapse.

EAT FRUIT & VEGITABLES DAILY

Stop SMOKING Cigerettes ASAP if you do..

Theres 1 or 2 other ways i will look up & let you know but i recommend the ACUPUNCTURE MOXON FOR ALL SNORTERS..

under 5 times in 15 mintues ????give yer head a shake,thats called death lol

Are you out of your fucking trees? MAYBE just MAYBE if you were noddin off on a near heroin O/D.. other than that, not a fucking chance.

Didnt mean to say that dick!

i ment you dont breathe as much when your on any kind of opiate... i couldnt edit it...

SO FUCK OFF!

Alrighty lets begin.
I have also tried so many diferent drugs to try and help me with my diffculties,threw a shrink of course,
I saught help years ago when isplit with the ex and would up abit bent to say the least.
I had also been suffering previous to this time for most of my life but like many others that this was just normal ,the way life is going days without sleep etc.
I have tried them every way cept smoking them and for the most part just eating them seemed to be the best way to take them as well as the best way to get the most out of them.
I must say that i dont realy drink anymore ,mostly because i dont live back in winnipeg working with a bunch of construction workers like i used to.
I now live alone after spliting with the ex which is why i moved to brandon manitoba in the first place.
So anyway.
I said i have tried everything well tonight i found a better way to get the most out of this drug and probably would work the same with my temazepams.
I decided tonight i would open a bottle of wine that has been in my fridge for awhile now .
Now haveing already taken 18 tylenal 3s which believe me didnt do a thing for me i have such a high tollerance now and it was 10 at first then 8 after about an hour and still nuthin, they basically just take most of my pain away.
But getting off track here in part by the fact that this simple little procedure works so well i have had to retype words several times threwout this post because of the effects.
Now on an average day i can take my perscribed 6 mgs of clonazepams 60 mgs of my temazepams 600mgs of my seroquel and ussualy i will take 10 5 mg nozinans
So i opend my wine had a couple drinks and decided to snort a line of clonazepam, which i know personaly that this is more for the fun factor of crushing it up and snorting it ,sure youll probably get 50 to maybe 80 percent of what you would by just eating it but i figured what the hell im feelin okay so ill do a line.
AAAaaanyeway after totaly crushing this pill into absolute powder i took a snort and then thought hey i satisfied the snort abit why dont i just put the rest off the 2mg pill into my wine,so i did.
then i thought well hey lets realy try this out and proceded to crush up 2 more clonazepams and put them into my next little glass of wine .
Well all i can say is the effects are way better and very fast acting,logic sais well ya there finely crushed diluted in alcholhol theyll go threw your system faster ,,,,and I can say ,yesssss they do and a very pleasant feeling indeed.
As i said before i can take a million pills and barely feel it but taking just the clonazepams alone and only not even 3 because as i was doing this i took a couple more little snorts to satisfy the need to snort... the feeling was back like when i first took my clones wayyyyyyyyyyyy back in the begining, that nice warm satisfied type feeling and still be aware and concious just feeling good.
SOOOOooooo thats the new story from slowpoke a new way for me anyway to take benzoes..... thanx for reading........

no shit, take this else where this isnt a benzo thread its an opiate thread and I will give you a your welcome for reading the last line... thanx for reading ...

Alrighty lets begin.
So anyway.

You just wrote this right after you did whatever the fuck you said you did didn't you?

He's probably dying, in addition to combining benzos opioids, and an antipsychotic, he took 5400 mg acetaminophen and washed down a bottle of wine to finish it off.

^ what ??

You do this has absolutely positively NOTHING to do with this thread right?? lol

(opiates) Snorting OC & LUNG ISSUES
(opiates) seperate in just enough of a way for me identify an opiat.
And being that i was feeling the way i was at the time, and typed in clonazepam for a search, the stuff in that post was closed for comment,I just looked for the first thing that said benzos,then started typin.
Ya its probably in the wrong post but the word opiat stuck out and i emidiatley thought of benzos for some reason and was slightly excited at the new found feeling, my bad, but if yull look down the page i do give the statment not fn possible to breath that little,thats it, sorry if i offended you,maybe i can send you my posts and you can put them in the relavent spaces ,but make sure ya take the same ammount of pills i took and drank the wine also ,im sure yer thinking would become a little softer and more relaxed about where my add was placed.
So in short LOL Yes i do know that tonight ,while im on clonez restoril seroquel and nozinans,feelin a slight from it.This was the wrong place for the post.
Infact if you didnt mention it i still woould have told myslef,self id say why did you put this post here hm oh well....LOL..
Peace...

Hey all,

Some follow ups on my OC Lung issues.

I flew out of town for a bday this weekend and was having shortness of breath symptoms. After some alcohol and at a party where i had to be talking to a lot of people, I started feeling dizzy & short of breath & faint--- The anxiety of my fear of having talcosis or some lung problem escalated the symptoms further (hyperventilation)and I went to the ER. My EKG was fine & my chest x-rays (nearly had a panic attack waiting for these---- Nurse: 'The doctor is reading them right now and will be over in a minute'............35 minutes later......... 'everything looks ok!'.... I swore that long wait was them discussing with the oncologists how to explain my lung cancer or something horrible to me....

Anyhow--- the doctor said it was mostly likely an upper respiratory IRRITATION possibly by the magnesium stearate in the generics I snorted, and I think my health anxieties mixed with my transition from a major OC habit to suboxone made me dizzy and faint. I had been on subs over the weekend and everytime I take them I get weird side effects.

The doctor told me many IV users get Talcosis because large particles over 10u get in the lung-- often 10-15. He told me snorters do inhale a bit and it is dangerous, but generally 99% of the stuff is filtered off and it is rare for a snorter to get talcosis but it is technically possible because there are many documented cases of talcosis through inhalation, but its usually on a job with pure talc dust breathing daily instead of the little bits that are in pills that make their way to the lung once in awhile. I got some cortisone that opened things up and feel recovered now and am happy about that. I was told Talcosis (which I think all drug users who snort/shoot should read and learn about) can often take years to occur and you never know what will happen down the road to all these oxy sniffers....

So bottom line--- ALWAYS USE those damn micron filters for the IV people! Talc & other impurities WILL build in your lungs, and it wont come out, and the quality of your life will be greatly affected and lifespan potentially shortened since the risk of lung cancer & complications goes up when u get talc tibrosis in your lungs and things and you'll find it impossible to exercise and life will always be a struggle to breathe.

Snorters--- Do understand; although more rare than IV users, you can still get irreversible conditions like talcosis by snorting... it can take years to develop long after you stopped and it is incurable. Constantly breathing in Talc, even little bits, is NOT good! I'd suggest all smart people start eating it its a great long lasting deep high and takes just 20 min or so to kick in, or plugging. Also, consider mixing oc powder with a ML of water and dripping it in your nostrils and let it fill your sinuses. That way you wont get powder in your lungs and still get that cool rush.

Later guys I am happy I am ok I really expected the worst.

SO glad to hear you're alright and your lungs are clear!! Thanks for the update!

Thanks Dokomo... I was really scared. The thought of having a lifelong progressive respiratory condition at 25 made me feel like jumping off a bridge. The stress of it all-- waiting in the ER, taking tests, feeling faint.... god, the stress and anxiety of not knowing if you have a major condition took a major toll on me (stopped eating, couldn't function, etc). I swore off OC at the time, but as soon as I got that clean bill of health............. hah.. same old shit again, just railed 40mg up the shnozberry! I seroiusly gotta start eating it or plugging though...

Anyway... I hope people read this thread and understand there are some serious dangers involved with snorting & iving pills.

I am still undecided whats better-- the hard fast snort, or the slow steady snort. The slow one doesnt give enough pressure to push it back to your lungs, but the heavy fast one kinda slams it all in your nose cavity quickly.

What do you guys think is more lung friendly---- hard & fast snorts, or slow & steady?

How are your lungs now? I have been snorting oxy's for 6 yrs now 180 mg a day. In the last 3 yrs I have had 6 attaches of chest hurting along with my jaw. Signs of heart attack in woman. Went to cardio Dr and did stress test which was abnormal, went for nuclear stress test all was well. Then about 3 wks ago started the breathing problems, thinking bad case of asthmas. Had chest X-ray everything good there. Went to hospital emergency ward, nurse said it could be clogged arteries to lungs. Had 100% oxygen. I left the hospital because I calmed down and the cool air conditioner helped my breathing. I stopped snorting and will never do again but scared I have done permanent damage. That is why I am wondering how you are now.